main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA new to this

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JISTA_WIL-TA, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JISTA_WIL-TA

JISTA_WIL-TA Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2008
    Hi all, I live in parkersburg wv and I'm new to this.

I have been a huge fan of the starwars saga since I was like 9 years old. I have finially decided I want to go to a convention. And by this I mean I want to do the full on convention thing i want to dress up and experience as much of it as i can. However I'm not really sure were to go to find convention information out. If anybody could give me some web sites to go to, I would greatly appriciate it. Also I would like to possiably be apart of this club. I live about an hour away from the meadow brooke mall, and with some notice I would like to attend an inperson meeting.
    I also am now taking vidoe production classes in college along with 3d gaming and computer graphics. Me and a couple of my friends locally are going to do a short fan film based in the starwars galaxy (obviously lol), Any and all help/advise on this would also be outstanding.

I appriciate any and all feed back

thankz
    Jesse

2. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Welcome Jesse!

Right now it's looking like our summer picnic, when scheduled, will probably be our next face to face meeting / event, we will start a thread for it sometime soon. Your very welcome to attend!

There are plenty of resources on the net, but I usually look to theforce.net first. For events and celebrations, theforce.net/celebration is a good resource, but very global in scale.

One of our members, Zoomer, also has a friend working on a fan film. We have yet to complete one due to resources, but I know that a few members, including myself, will be happy to assist whenever we have time. Turning to theforce.net again, theforce.net/fanfilms is a good resource. Plenty of FAQs and How-To guides can be found there as well.

These forums also have dedicated sections for events, fanfilms, etc.

It's nice to meet ya!

3. JISTA_WIL-TA

May 18, 2008
    thankx for the response. i will definitely check this site out more, and i will also stay tuned for the picnic info i would love to attend i assume it will be a family function spouces are welcome to attend as well right?

4. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Sure they can attend!

5. JISTA_WIL-TA

May 18, 2008
    so how do i go about joing the group

6. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    It's pretty simple, to get started all you need to do is to attend three meetings.

7. JISTA_WIL-TA

May 18, 2008
    cool i can defently do that ill keep checking back to see when the meetings are

8. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Hey! Welcome to the boards! Hope to meet you in person at our next get-together. :D

9. JISTA_WIL-TA

May 18, 2008
    hey look foward to meeting you too
    no doubt just let me know who what when were and ill be there

thankx
    jesse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.