main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Can anyone think of a style of lightsabre or any type of weapon that we haven't seen in the movies before?

The only thing I can of is a a whip like from the old Marvel movies - a laser whip was featured in the Dolph Lundgren He-Man movie.

I also think that the the Inquistor's style of lightsabre will pop up.

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    How about some kind of weapon that can be used over long distances, like through hyperspace across star systems.

3. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

I had been thinking more of handheld and thought of a Death Star type weapon - is that what you meant?

It is a cool idea. What could to do exactly?

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I'd like to see the Nightsisters bow used at some point in the new trilogy and I'm hoping one of the new Jedi uses two lightsabres.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How about a new energy weapon — a powerful energy net, that's projected from a shield protected, orbital satellite, which can envelope a whole planet and keeps its people from leaving their world? Instead of destroying the planet's cities, as well as their valuable resources, this weapon is designed to imprison the inhabitants, and to ensure that they stay out of the coming war.

6. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Wouldn't that make them pretty much unstoppable? I mean with one push of the button, they can blow up the enemy from the opposite side of the galaxy! Cool idea, nevertheless!

I think we need a villain, or hero, with a Lightsabers whip! I mean how cool would that be! All the casual fans would be like: awesome! And the Hardcore ones would be like, well, just watch the video:

7. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope to finally see a thermal detonator.
    I can see them not wanting to try to top the Death Star in that regard. The Death Star is iconic and can destroy an entire planet. What's next, something else that can destroy a planet? We've seen that too, in the Star Trek movie and in Man of Steel, and with an attempt to replicate that with Return of the Jedi. Maybe the next step would be to merge both the damage capable with a "technological terror" and "the power of the Force", like someone using the Force to completely destroy everything, including the Force itself.

8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I love that clip :)

There was one in RotJ, but I'm assuming you mean show it actually going off - that would be cool

If they go down the route of super weapon of some kind they'll have to make it a lot different to the Death Star - I for one don't want the same threat over again.

I'd like if one of the three upcoming Saga movies had urban destruction along the lines of Avengers and Man of Steel.

I want large scale ground battles as well as space battles - Edge of Tomorrow was just fantastic.

It would be cool if there was a battle on the streets of an alien city.

Hoping there are some good military uniforms too - and that combat outfits will be different to the clone trooper and stormtrooper armour (which are cool but I want new)

9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    How about using lightsabres to climb like in the LEGO games?

Does Anakin do that in TCW movie?

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh man, I can't wait to finish playing through those games now.

I don't remember Anakin doing that but it's been awhile since I watched it.

I'd like to see the ST bring in some of the lightsaber types and fighting styles from the old EU. Maybe a Force user is able to learn about Mace Windu and the Vaapad style, although I'm not sure how that would happen.

11. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Regarding other weapons, in the book, Tyrant's Test there was the intriguing concept of being able to drop bombs into realspace whilst in hyperspace. I would love to see some hyperspace bombing raids in the ST - that kind of weapon could be used to recreate the feeling of the Blitz in Star Wars.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It should be a purely intellectual film where they opt to only use the ultimate weapon: the mind. [face_plain]

Lord Chazza likes this.
  13. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    One weapon I do not want to see: Death Star III.

Revious Nugo likes this.
  14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    They, as EVERTHING Lego is, just AWESOME ;)

I'm watching the story from the start chobologically - TPM, AotcC, TCW (chronologically by arc) , RotS, OT- and by chance last night was Christophsis/Movie - Anakin doesn't climb the mountain on Teth like that with the sabre as a tool - so I'd like see that use for it in ST.

As well as more cutting through obstacles (doors, walls), throwing, etc.

Are they EU battles described in such detail?

I don't remember that in the Black Fleet books - though it has been a long time - but is a great idea. :)

Indeed [face_monkey] , but because I can't imagine Leia with a lightsabre I've been thinking that if she is trained in the Force she could telekinesis instead the blade - a purely Force powers fight would be awesome between her and an evil Force user, or Leia takes on a squad of enemy soldiers with just Force Push and dropping things on them :)

I think we safe from that :)

Lord Chazza likes this.
  15. Lord Chazza

Jan 4, 2013
    Star Wars Debate. I'm in! :D

It was talked about briefly right at the very end of Tyrant's Test when Major Sorannan was talking to Nil Spaar.

16. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    What about cloaking devices?

They are only mentioned in Empire but TCW: Cat and Mouse has one they have been used prior to that several times.

It is never explained why they aren't more common but nothing previously said means they aren't in widespread use either., e.g.. is that how Grevious got his ships to Coruscant in RotS?

Lord Chazza and stormcloud8 like this.
  17. Lord Chazza

Jan 4, 2013
    Hogsquattle The EU has it that Grievous used secret hyperspace charts to get to Coruscant. Cloaking would be great - imagine seeing a whole fleet of Star Destroyers on screen just flicker and disappear!

How about a biological weapon like the Krytos virus?

18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Now I remember, it was in TCW itself, the Citadel arc with Tarkin and Even Piell - they had mapped them or such - the series never gets to show it but that i were Grievous gets the information somehow.

And Blue Shadow

Good idea - it is a different kind of superweapon.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I like the idea of a biological weapon.

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW had already done that in a flimsy way imo. They should include chemical warfare in a story.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree, but it is possible to have a GOOD bio weapons story. TCW just chose to do so in a way that was doomed. DOOMED!

GGrievous likes this.
  22. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

It was a good story - in a more adult version they only thing I would have added would have been that Blue Shadow actually got out and there a epidemic and it would be grisley.

TCW isn't that kind of show, or at least wasn't back then.

In a movie, I think a bio-weapon would be good - really the only kind of super weapon that wouldn't be constantly compared to a Death Star.

23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Since Westerns are one of the genres that have influenced Star Wars I think Episode VII needs a bar-room brawl and a Wild West time shoot out, a homage to High Noon or such.

Also Han needs a decent fist fight.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good left hook, kid."

EHT likes this.
  25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I like the idea of a new Death Star type weapon that doesn't destroy a world completely.