main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v3.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MASTER_OBI-DAN, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hello All

I am letting my nOOb go as she is never ever on line and has seemed to have vanished.

So I am free once again to adopt!

Manual Sig
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil
    Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002

• jediknight88: I will remove you from the Adoptive Pair list and place you back onto the Oldbies list within the next update ;) .

3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Still looking for an adoptee. If you would like help around the boards, with markup codes, etc., just send me a pm.

Lady Sami

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    wow,I'm sorry to see you go Dan :( you did a great job with the adoptions! I hope everything goes good with you in the future :)

stridarious:I'm sure you'll do a great job with it! congrats! :D

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    :D Thank-You for all these warm welcomes and extended hands of help, I feel very flattered and honored to serve you in this aspect, and I would greatly appreciate any ideas, as I am pondering having a new thread created, as so that this one may stay as is, you know to keep the memory fresh of our old and close friend, MASTER_OBI-DAN. A man whom became a mentor and a well known being to all. Not only that, but I wish to add a few things that are needed in this new Adoptions Thread, now under my Coordination. So please tell me your ideas, as it is also your thread too ;) .

6. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Hey Strid, you will do a great job.

Sorry to see you go Dan, you have done so much. My nest wishes for you.

Strid, you ever need any help just let me know, or if I can do anything for you. I am always around and always adopting these fine nOObs, and always makingsire you are busy! LOL

Edit: I have also asked Melt_the_Ice if he would be my new adoptie!

Manual Sig

7. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Dan? Leaving? nooooooooo! I'm so sorry Dan. I hope your things in RL will get better soon. I thank you for being there for me and setting up this wonderful adoption scheme.

Congats Strid on your promotion and good luck

Thanks also Jezebel and Strid for answering my question.

8. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Dear me Strid, I turn my back for one minute and look what's happened to you. :)

Congratulations and commiserations on your new position, your going to be hard pressed to keep up with all those mark-ups! (faints)

Just dropping in to say that my adoptee Elfsheen has matured far quicker then her adopter, and could probably teach me a thing or two now a days. :p

She's carved out a solid niche away from FanFiction, and looking at that long list of newbies needing an adopter, I think I'm able to take on a new youngling to ground in these expansive forums of ours.

I'll send a PM to Elfsheen and try and convince her to become an adopter as well. We seemingly need as many as we can get!

9. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    *shyly walks in* *almost gets run down by someone* eeeeeep! me really dont understand much how to navagate these forums..so different than what im used to.....can i be adopted too? [face_love] :)

10. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Hey look how cool!! Me and Vadern' 3PO are an official adoption! on magic number 69!!!!!

I guess i should check on my adoptee, I forgot i had one.

11. V Wing Fighter Pilot

V Wing Fighter Pilot Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    Hey, its been some time, but Id be willing to tak eon a newbie to adopt once again. However, you must contact me. If you want to be guided, you need to tell me. I will not newbie hunt. Sorry. Otherwise, Im willing to teach a newbie anything you want. See you soon.

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Update!

[ul][li][b][i][color=forestgreen][hl=silver]Protege-of-Thrawn[/b][/i][/color][/hl]: I know scary ain't it [face_silly] ? However I know that this is my true calling because I enjoy coding so much, this is a great way to also meet many great people. I can truely say that [b][color=blue]MASTER_OBI-DAN[/b][/color] loved everyone here with a passion as I do.
    Anyhow, I will be sure to add you and your [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptee[/b][/color] (Only if [b]Elfsheen[/b] agrees [face_grin] ) to the list of avaliable [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] [face_wink] .[/li][/ul][ul][li][b]Aina[/b]: Welcome, I added your name to the list. Now there is no need to be shy, as you can see, we are all one family of posters here, both young and old, and your adoption means the world to us [face_happy] .[/li][/ul][ul][li][b]scuiggefest[/b]: Yep you've been on the list for sometime now [face_silly] .[/li][/ul][ul][li][b]V Wing Fighter Pilot[/b]: Sounds cool to me! [face_grin] [/li][/ul]

[hr]

[blockquote][hr][b][color=white][hl=60699F][u]Newbie Adoptions List:[/u][/color][/b][/hl][hr][/blockquote]
    Hello, [b][color=darkslateblue]newbies[/b][/color]! [face_grin] Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the [link=http://boards.theforce.net][b]J[/b]edi [b]C[/b]ouncil[/link]? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you?ve certainly come to the right place! Here, in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10253086][b][color=#60699F]Newbie Adoptions Thread[/color][/b][/link], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring [b][color=maroon]oldbies[/b][/color] who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved [link=http://boards.theforce.net][b]J[/b]edi [b]C[/b]ouncil[/link]. [face_love] And once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to ask any question about the [link=http://boards.theforce.net][color=#60699F][b]Jedi Council[/b][/color][/link], no matter how small or silly you may think it is, to your [b][color=maroon]adopter[/b][/color]. So, come get adopted today! [face_wink]

[ul][li][i][u][b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=726885][b][color=white][hl=#60699F]Stridarious[/b][/hl][/color][/link]) via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=726885]PM[/link] as soon as possible. [face_happy] . [/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=maroon]Adopters/Oldbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: To adopt a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], you must be a registered [b]JCer[/b] for at least the last three months and you must have at least 400 posts to your name. [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] may only adopt one [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] at a time; requests by [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] to adopt another [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] will only be heard via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=726885][i]Private Message[/i][/link] and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in their [b]signatures[/b] ([b]E.g.[/b]: ?[i]Adopter of [b][color=darkslateblue]User B[/b][/color][/i],? and ?[i]Adoptee of [b][color=maroon]User A[/b][/color][/i]?). Lastly, [b][color=maroon]adopters[/b][/color] are encouraged let their [b][color=darkslateblue]adoptee[/b][/color] progress at their own pace and to wait until their [b][color=darkslateblue]adoptee[/b][/color] feels that they are ready to come move on and emerge from ?[i]under your protective wing.[/i]? [face_wink][/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptees/Newbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color] are encouraged to click on the names of free [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] and to look through their [i]user profiles[/i]. [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color] are not restricted to selecting a free [b][co

13. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    MASTER_OBI-DAN... :( I'm so sorry to see you go. The little I know of you has made such an impact on my SW experience here at the JC. :cool: Your adoption programme has been great and I'm sure everyone echoes these sentiments. :)

Thank you for all the hard work you've put in...it's all that work that has made the welcome forum the great place it is. :D

I hope and pray that things work out for the best with regard to your real life situation. I pray the Lord will guide you in every decision you make. :)

Yes, you are leaving us in very capable hands...Strid is doing a great job and Morgaine is a rock of support! ;) She's also my adopter...so she's way cool! [face_mischief]

All the best and God choicest blessings to you Dan,

Hugs [face_love]

Humaira

14. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Strid, do you want to put back that waiting to be an adopter list. Now that you have the authority?

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002

• artemis_fowl: Do you mean, do I want back the "Waiting to be Adopted List"? :confused: Sorry my brain isn't functioning all that great today 8-} .

16. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    "WarmasterDan: I?d have to ask you to contact Laynel first and get her stated permission before I can add you both to the listings. Other then that your adoption would be clear."

Permission has been given. :D
    Thanks. :)

17. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    *lights campfire*I am still waiting to be put on the Adopters list.Paitent.

18. BannedGirl

BannedGirl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2002
    I might adopt some 1 :)

//edit: I don't think so.

19. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Strid, what Artemis is saying is there used to be a list of people that were almost able to be adopters. She is asking if you wanted to make that list again.

Oh and Melt_The_Ice has accepted my offer to adopt him.

So we are the new tag team around here! watch out!

How many does this make? I lost count! lol

Manual Sig

20. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Stridarious: Do I have to wait until I'm on the list to adopt?

21. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I'm not Stridarious ( :p) but I'd say no. If you want to adopt a newbie, go ahead and do so. :) He can dircetly add you to the list of Oldbie/Newbie Pairs then. ;)

22. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Well, my old adoptee seemed to be a success. And, he seems to know the boards quite well now.

If any other newbies need to be adopted, I'm free to adopt once again. :)

23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    • I for one second that, I believe that is the reason as why MASTER_OBI-DAN left it from the list to begin with, especially since the fact that it may create many problems to where people begin this competition, and perhaps spam in order to raise their post counts to be apart of the Oldbie list :( .

[b]NOTICE:[/b]
    All [b][color=maroon]Adopters[/b][/color] and [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptees[/b][/color] alike, I am shutting this thread down as to open [b]Version 4.0[/b] in a couple of hours, please bare with me. If there is anything of importance that you need to post or discuss, and the new thread is not up when your logged on, then please [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=726885][b]PM[/b][/link] me and I will answer you as quick as I can [face_wink] .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.