main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v3.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MASTER_OBI-DAN, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I don't have any links next to my name. :D TIme to change that! I hang out at the:
    YJCC
    Communications
    RPG Forum
    Ampiteatre

I don't think I spelled that right...

I gotta thank jediknight88 as well. :D He adopted me and taught me the ways of the JC.

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
  3. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Good point.

I usally post in YJCC "Your Jedi Council Community" and EpIII Spoilers "Episode III Spoilers Forum."

I hope that helps.

4. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    Good question Admiral_Thrawn60, Newbies can find information on abbreviations here. :)

5. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    OK, I think I will conceade that I may still need to be adopted. [face_blush] I still have many dumb questions to ask, any takers?

6. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    I would like to adopt you JediDBM, it would be a pleasure to. :)

7. Lord-of-the-Marks

Lord-of-the-Marks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    You won't be sorry.

8. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    OK, everybody, I am now a Padawan to Jedi_Learner May the Force be with him

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    AT60, I have an Abbreviatons Guide in the works. :) I'll finish it as soon as I'm healthy again.

Congrats to all our new "padawans" & "masters". ;)

10. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    Thanks Morgaine. :)

11. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    Thank you Morgaine, feeling better?

12. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'd love to adopt a newbie. Please put me on the list.

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
  14. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    Is it possible to be adopted by two different people, I really hurt somebody's feelings by not asking them to adopt me, when they really did help me a lot in the very beginning. They helped me out in many different ways, and when I decided to be adopted I just posted a message on this board and was adopted in a matter of a few minutes. I dont want to ask my present adopter to step down, that wouldn't be right, besides sometimes when I need help one may not be on while the other is. Is this a possibility?

15. Lord-of-the-Marks

Jan 17, 2003
    Judging from the past adoptions I'd say yes. It looks as if maggie_may has two. Master_Obi_Dan would be the one to ask for an official word. I've seen your progress in FF. Good work.

Edit-Mispell

16. JediDBM

Jan 22, 2003
    I could only hope that Master_Obi_Dan would grant this, If it is allowed to happen I formally request that Amaunet be my second adopter, not replacing Jedi_Learner, but joining him in my training. Also, I just checked, this is my 100th post right here.

17. Lord-of-the-Marks

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm glad you gave it a chance. I was considering Amaunet based on her posts here. I wanted someone with different interest so I could meet someone I might not get chance to otherwise. If nothing else you can still benefit from them both.
    81st post.

Edit-You can send me a PM to let me know how you're doing.

18. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Well, we have loads of free adopters now so being adopted by 2 people isn't a problem at all, IMO. But really ... how much time do you plan to spend online?

19. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    JediRaanic: ?I would be happy to take on Master MJade as my Padawan learner...what do I have to do??

Just send her a PM expressing your interest in wanting to adopt her. ;) I notice that she hasn?t logged in since you wrote that post; hence I?m not sure when she?ll respond. I will keep her on the list until Thursday; and if she hasn?t logged in by then, I will remove her.

[b]Admiral_Thrawn60[/b]: ?[i]Question: How are the newbies supposed to know what JCC and another abbreviatons mean?[/i]?

Its quite simple really: if [b][color=darkgreen]newbies[/b][/color] are unsure what a particular abbreviation means, they can simply click on it. This is one of the primary reasons why all the ?[i]forums of expertise[/i]? are linked. And when you think about it, this is actually a superior method, as even if a [b][color=darkgreen]newbie[/b][/color] is not quite sure of a certain forum?s name (especially an abstract, non-descript place like the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10008]YJCC[/link]), they can merely click on the link and identify it by association (if they?ve been there before). [face_wink]

Another reason why all the ?[i]forums of expertise[/i]? are linked is because links on the [b]JC[/b] are written in a subscript (a smaller font); hence, I can fit more ?[i]forums of expertise[/i]? on a line than I could using the regular/unlinked font. By abbreviating and linking all the ?[i]forums of expertise[/i],? while including four per [b][color=darkgoldenrod]free oldbie[/b][/color], I am able to keep both the [b][color=darkgoldenrod]free oldbie[/b][/color] and their ?[i]forums of expertise[/i]? down to one line of space (in most cases). This is necessary IMHO, as otherwise the list would be cluttered, twice as long and very difficult to read. As it stands right now, the list is not only condensed, but it is also exceptionally detailed and very readable: this is somewhat of a minor triumph, IMHO. [face_wink]
    [hr]
    Hi, everyone! [face_grin] I just got back from the conference. I just have to answer some [b]PMs[/b] and then I?ll post an updated list later tonight. [face_grin]

20. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome back MASTER_OBI-DAN :)

Hope your conference was good! :D

21. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    "I could only hope that Master_Obi_Dan would grant this, If it is allowed to happen I formally request that Amaunet be my second adopter, not replacing Jedi_Learner, but joining him in my training. Also, I just checked, this is my 100th post right here."

Well done on your 100th post count. I can remember my first 100th as well. I don't mind if you have another adopter. :)

22. Obi-Bunnie

Obi-Bunnie Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2000
    Thanks Master_Obi-Dan! I try. :)

I'm so proud of my Padawan! He's so helpful and his posts are wonderful! :D

23. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I am willing to adopt a nOObie, just send me a pm! :D

24. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    So.... Are you guys gonna put me on the list?

25. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    JediDBM: ?I dont want to ask my present adopter to step down, that wouldn't be right, besides sometimes when I need help one may not be on while the other is. Is this a possibility??

Answered via PM. :)

[blockquote][hr][b][color=darkmagenta][u]Newbie Adoptions List:[/u][/color][/b][hr][/blockquote]
    Hello, [b][color=darkgreen]newbies[/b][/color]! [face_grin] Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the [b]JC[/b]? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you?ve certainly come to the right place! Here, in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10253086][b][color=darkmagenta]Newbie Adoptions Thread[/color][/b][/link], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring [b][color=darkgoldenrod]oldbies[/b][/color] who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved [b]JC[/b]. [face_love] And once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to ask any question about the [b]JC[/b], no matter how small or silly you may think it is, to your [b][color=darkgoldenrod]adopter[/b][/color]. So, come get adopted today! [face_wink]

[ul][li][i][u][b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][b][color=blue][hl=navajowhite]MASTER_OBI-DAN[/color][/b][/hl] [/link]) via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979]PM[/link] as soon as possible. [face_happy][/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=darkgoldenrod]Adopters/Oldbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: To adopt a [b][color=darkgreen]newbie[/b][/color], you must be a registered [b]JCer[/b] for at least the last three months and you must have at least 400 posts to your name. [b][color=darkgoldenrod]Oldbies[/b][/color] may only adopt one [b][color=darkgreen]newbie[/b][/color] at a time; requests by [b][color=darkgoldenrod]oldbies[/b][/color] to adopt another [b][color=darkgreen]newbie[/b][/color] will only be heard via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][i]Private Message[/i][/link] and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a [b][color=darkgreen]newbie[/b][/color], it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in their [b]signatures[/b] ([b]E.g.[/b]: ?[i]Adopter of [b][color=darkgreen]User B[/b][/color][/i],? and ?[i]Adoptee of [b][color=darkgoldenrod]User A[/b][/color][/i]?). Lastly, [b][color=darkgoldenrod]adopters[/b][/color] are encouraged let their [b][color=darkgreen]adoptee[/b][/color] progress at their own pace and to wait until their [b][color=darkgreen]adoptee[/b][/color] feels that they are ready to come move on and emerge from ?[i]under your protective wing.[/i]? [face_wink][/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=darkgreen]Adoptees/Newbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: [b][color=darkgreen]Newbies[/b][/color] are encouraged to click on the names of free [b][color=darkgoldenrod]oldbies[/b][/color] and to look through their [i]user profiles[/i]. If a [b][color=dakrgreen]newbie[/b][/color] finds a free [b][color=darkgoldenrod]oldbie[/b][/color] who they wish to be adopted by, they are welcome to send that [b][color=darkgoldenrod]oldbie[/b][/color] a ?[i]Private Message[/i].? Alternatively, if [b][color=darkgreen]newbies[/b][/color] prefer, they can either wait for either an [b][color=darkgoldenrod]oldbie[/b][/color] to contact them or they can contact me via a ?[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=706979][i]Private Message[/i][/link]? and I will pair them up with one of our extremely talented and caring [b][color=darkgoldenrod]oldbies[/b][/color], who shares similar interests. [face_wink][/li][/ul]
    [blockquote][hr][b][color=goldenrod][u]Free Oldies Waiting To Adopt: (JC Forums Of Expertise).[/u][/b][/color][hr][/blockquote]
    [ol][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=352051][li][b][color=black][hl=gold]Adi_Gallia_9[/b][/color][/hl] [/link]: ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10014]3NSA[/link], [link=http://boards.theforce.net/boa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.