main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v4.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Stridarious, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok15

Ewok15 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2002
    still waiting for someone who wants to be my apprentice.

I'd suggest for you to contact a newb. It works a lot beter because in my experience the newbs don't really pm the adopters.

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Yeah, it seems they're a little shy on that. :p

Or maybe too lazy. lol :p

3. Ewok15

Ewok15 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2002
    Or maybe too lazy.

[face_laugh]

4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, it's not that hard...yeah...it has to be that they're lazy. No other explaination. :p

Am I also lazy? Of course....but that's besides the point.

You n00bs are lazy! :p

**** You can't spell hallelujah without Elu. *shifty eyes* ****

5. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Us not-so-newbs are lazy too *shifty eyes*

:p

6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yes....but that's besides the point.... :p

**** You can't spell hallelujah without Elu *shifty eyes* ****

7. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    *Sits in a corner, reading*

8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *watches Nelli*

**** You can't spell hallelujah without Elu *shifty eyes* ****

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I think shyness is a much more important factor than lazyness for the newbies. They're usually not quite as lazy as we not-so-new people are yet. ;)

For those who haven't seen it yet, we're currently discussing the pro's and con's of adopting directly or being paired up by the coordinator in this thread. Your input would be most welcome! :D

And a quick heads up - I've got exams coming up next week, so my JC time will be limited in the next ten days or so. But I'll check in at least once a day to answer my PM's and any questions posted in this thread, of course. :)

10. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Julia, I hope exam preparation goes well, dear! [face_love] *hugs* [:D] for luck.

In case there is any problem Jules, let me know. Kiddie will always help mommy out! :) [face_love]

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    correct me if I am wrong...but have not both methods been used before?

I seem to recall being assigned a n00b as well as picking one at free will.

12. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    That's what I'm still trying to find out, Shawn. ;) I personally have never been paired up with a newbie by the coordinator, but I believe it has been done in a few cases. But I took over for Strid just about two weeks ago, and due to his sudden departure, I didn't get the chance to discuss the details with him.

I'd prefer to keep this discussion limited to one thread, it's much less confusing that way. :D So, if you don't mind, let's continue over here, please. :)

13. Palpatine346

Palpatine346 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2004
    5 more posts and I can adopt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P346

14. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    do you have to be arounf for over four months or whatever it was to adopt cause i have over 500 posts

15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Yes LordNeo, the 4 month period is important as it will ensure that the adopter has been on the boards a while, experienced the board culture and is awaer of rules, regulations and other things that come through expereince. :)

This is not to say that people who have been here for less time do not have experience...they sometimes do. It's just a time frame we have set to ensure that all adopters get equal treatment. :)

While post count means that a poster is active the time he/she has been at the JC also counts.

Don't worry..the time will fly by quite fast and soon you'll be ready to take on a nice newbie too. :D

16. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    Check my file or something. I have been here long enough. I have the expirience. I can teach a newb the ways of the JC. I will teach them not to flame , spam and definetaley not to troll. Pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzze put me on the waiting list for a newbie. I will take whatever you have. I beg of you strid. Who is waiting to be adopted???

P346

17. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    jedi_Humaira_Blaine. I also beg of you. It's your choice. But I promise that I will not fail you or this newb. I will train them until you feel that they are ready. I will fill out the requirements if you wish. Whatever is asked of me.

P346

18. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I think that my newbie is gone :_|

[i But I took over for Strid just about two weeks ago, and due to his sudden departure.[/i] is he going to going back? :(

19. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Palapatine346, don't worry. I got your PM and I hope you received mine. :confused:

Simply inform Morgaine and she will help you out. :D

I hope you do well as an adopter...I see you are keen to do a great job and i'm sure you will. :)

Good luck. :D [:D]

Patty, don't worry. Strid is away for a little while and so Morgaine is handling adoptions at the moment. If there's a problem you can contact her.

Your adoptee hasn't been on the boards for a while? :( Well, you can give the adoptee a little time...have you PM'd or emailed?

If it remains like this perhaps you can wait a while before you adopt again. but check in with Morgaine to make sure that it is made official on the list.

Hope it goes well Patty. :D [:D]

20. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    I got it. I sent Maorgain a PM. :)

P346

21. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Got it, thanks. :) I'll add you to the list when I post the next update. Welcome aboard! :D

Pattty, the last I heard from Stridarious is that he expects to be gone for a few months. :( In the meantime, I'll do my best to keep the adoptions up and running. ;)

Sorry to hear about your adoptee. :( It's been a little over a week since she last logged in, as far as I can see. Maybe give her a few more days to see if she comes back... and send her a PM asking if she still needs help, she's been around for nearly six months now. Even though she doesn't have too many posts, I imagine she'll be ready to be on her own now. But of course, you know her better than I do. ;) Just tell me if I can help you in any way, and let me know how it goes! :)

22. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    I sent you a PM letting you know where I live and my favorite forums. I hope that ya get it.

P346

23. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    Not to be a pest but when is the next update???

P346

24. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Yep, I did. :)

Probably tomorrow. It's getting late over here, and I've had a very busy day. I'm afraid I would screw up the markup codes or something if I posted it now. :p

25. darkknight_152002

darkknight_152002 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    I sent a PM to Stridarious, but I'd like to make a post as well. I'll be happy to apply when it's time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.