main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v4.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Stridarious, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palpatine346

Palpatine346 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2004
    I feel really bad just waiting for an update. Are there any noobs left from the last update???
    P346

2. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    *little Anakin* Time for another update , another update!!! *little Anakin*

P346

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you Morgaine I will PM her tonight and let her know.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Alright, big update coming. :D

As you might know, Stridarious was working on a clean-up of the list before he left. I'm continuing that project now. As a first step, I have removed all "free adopters" who did not post in WNU since April 1st (24 users). The current rules state that all oldbies waiting for an adoptee should post in the Welcome forum at least once every two weeks, so this is really just a first step. ;)

The next step will follow tomorrow: I will contact all remaining "free oldbies" to see who is still active and interested in adopting; and to check if all information on the list (favourite boards etc.) is up to date.

Step three will be a cleanup of the "oldbie/newbie pairs" list, I believe some of them have been on the list for a very long time and are most likely not really a pair anymore. Well, we'll see. ;) But that'll have to wait until I finished my exams, I'm afraid. More steps are to follow, but one step at a time...

If any of those who have been removed from the list in today's update would like to be added again - just give me a quick message either here or via Private Message, and I'll put you on the list again. :)

P346 - Be patient... ;) Real life is keeping me very busy right now, unfortunately - so I didn't have the time to post this earlier.

I'm sorry to say that we don't have any new newbies today, but there are two people on the list who have not been adopted by anyone yet, as far as I know. They signed up at least a week ago, so they might already be gone again (I hope not!), but you're most welcome to try and contact them to see if they're still interested. :D

Pattty, that sounds good. :) Let me know when you have heard back from her!

//eidt: I forgot something. [face_blush]

Congratulations to our newest oldbie/newbies pairs, Jezebel_Jedi & Yzerman_the_Jedi and ObiWan506 & VadersApprentice! =D=

And a hearty welcome to yoda-is-my-homeboy, who just joined the ranks of the oldbies looking for an adopter! :D

And now - the list:

[blockquote][hr][color=FFFFFF][hl=#60699F][b]Newbie Adoptions List[/b][/color][/hl][hr][/blockquote]
    Hello, [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color]! :D Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link]? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you have certainly come to the right place! Here, in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=12113034]Newbie Adoptions [[b]V4.0[/b]][/link], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link]. [face_love] Once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to direct any question about the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link], no matter how small or silly, to your [b][color=maroon]Adopter[/b][/color]. So, get adopted today! ;)

[ul][li][i][u][b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=341669][color=black][b]Morgaine[/b][/color][/link]) via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=341669]Private Message[/link] as soon as possible, and I?ll be sure that it is fixed immediately. :) [/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=maroon]Adopters/Oldbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: To adopt a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], you must be a registered [b]JCer[/b] for at least four months, have accumulated 500 posts minimum to your current username, and have a current ?[b][color=maroon]Adopters[/b][/color] Application? on file. Also, when applying to become an adopter, you can choose to specify any preferences ([b]i.e.[/b] gender, age, interests) that may aid you or the Coordinator in finding your ideal [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptee[/b][/color]. [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] may only adopt one [b][color=darkslate

5. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I woul like to adopt a newbie. I have 500 posts. What else do I need?

6. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    I'm ready. Give me either one and I will PM them right away! :) Anythong else That I should do???
    P346

7. tribal_guy

tribal_guy Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2004
    I'll probably be adopted by Jezebel_Jedi, just waiting for a reply from her.

8. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    I sent a PM to jediexecutornomanor. He wants to be adopted and I am just waiting for him to reply.

P346

9. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    shadesaw: Welcome aboard! :D I'll be sending you a PM in a few minutes - as soon as I have your answer, I will add you to the list.

P346 and tribal_guy, that's nice to hear. :) Let me know when you have heard back from your 'partners' so I can add you to the list once the adoption is in place!

10. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Hey... I'm just posting to prove I'm still around :p

Any n00bs that need to be adopted, feel free to PM me. Any n00b who lives in the southern california area, PM me, whether you need to be adopted or not, and maybe I can hook you up with a Fan Force meeting to try out! :)

11. Palpatine346

Jan 21, 2004
    I have not recieved a reply. I'm getting worried.

P346

12. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    *Puts a huge sign by her PM box reading: ''Newbies, feel free to PM me.. I'd love to adopt you'' on it*

Meh, I'm bored ok! :p

13. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    Relax, Palpatine346. It's only been a day. Everyone's doing exams now, they may be busy.

14. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Wow, it's been a while since I had so many unread Private Messages at once. :D Many thanks to you all for the quick replies!

Apologies to those who didn't get a reply from me yet. I'm having an extremely busy day and will be away from the computer most of the day. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. :)

15. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm having an extremely busy day and will be away from the computer most of the day. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Heh, no hurry. I'll be online for a while yet.. ;)

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I have adopted NabooForever Sending you a PM now Morgaine!

17. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Hey everybody! I believe that I asked about becoming an Adopter a long time ago, but got no confirmation. Just wondering if Stridarious was still busy, which is fully understandable. Thanks for any help. :)

)~(Sith)~(

18. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    Mr_Sith, it might be easier if you PM Morgaine as she is taking over the job for now. Strid is unfortunately too busy. Hope that helps. :)

19. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    hi! :)

Morgaine, thanks for the welcome! :D

20. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Hi, Morgaine. I was wondering if I pasted everything. If so who is can adopt?

21. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Hello. I would like to adopt a newbie. I have almost 10,000 posts and there's a new person in the Jedi Outcast that I would like to adopt. I've asked her to come here.

22. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
  23. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    ...and there she is! ^

Leia, what you need to do is post that you would like to be adopted by me - that I have asked you and you have accepted - if you are agreeable.

24. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    SecretSister asked to adopt me, and I would love to be adopted by secretsister. I accept the adoption.

25. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    :D And I'm glad to have you as my 'little sister', Leia. I shall post that in my sig! And I will also check and post back here as requested, so put me on the list, please!

*dances out and back to the JO.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.