main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v4.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Stridarious, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Here's a new update. I apologize if I made you wait too long, I've had a very bad weekend.

Welcome back, Strid. :) I will contact you later to let you know about everything that happened in your absence, gotta run now.

[color=FFFFFF][hl=#60699F][b]Newbie Adoptions List[/b][/color][/hl][hr][/blockquote]
    Hello, [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color]! :D Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link]? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you have certainly come to the right place! Here, in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=12113034]Newbie Adoptions [[b]V4.0[/b]][/link], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link]. [face_love] Once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to direct any question about the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link], no matter how small or silly, to your [b][color=maroon]Adopter[/b][/color]. So, get adopted today! ;)

[ul][li][i][u][b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=341669][color=black][b]Morgaine[/b][/color][/link]) via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=341669]Private Message[/link] as soon as possible, and I?ll be sure that it is fixed immediately. :) [/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=maroon]Adopters/Oldbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: To adopt a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], you must be a registered [b]JCer[/b] for at least four months, have accumulated 500 posts minimum to your current username, and have a current ?[b][color=maroon]Adopters[/b][/color] Application? on file. Also, when applying to become an adopter, you can choose to specify any preferences ([b]i.e.[/b] gender, age, interests) that may aid you or the Coordinator in finding your ideal [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptee[/b][/color]. [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] may only adopt one [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] at a time; requests by [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] to adopt another [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] will only be heard via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=726885][i]Private Message[/i][/link] and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in your [b]signatures[/b] ([b]E.g.[/b]: ?[i]Adopter of [b][color=darkslateblue]User B[/b][/color][/i],? and ?[i]Adoptee of [b][color=maroon]User A[/b][/color][/i]?).

All [b][color=maroon]Adopters[/b][/color] are asked to continue to post within the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10181][b]W[/b]elcome [b]N[/b]ew [b]U[/b]sers[/link] forum and [link=http://www.zaex.net/WNU/]Newbie Adoptions [[b]V4.0[/b]][/link] Thread to show your involvement in this program and the forum it resides within ([b]note:[/b] this may also help you locate your potential adoptee). All those whom have not posted within a period of two weeks in the forum and or thread will be removed from the list until further contact can be attempted. Lastly, [b][color=maroon]Adopters[/b][/color] are encouraged let their [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptee[/b][/color] progress at their own pace and to wait until their [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptee[/b][/color] feels that they are ready to move on and emerge from [i]?under your protective wing.?[/i] ;) [/li]

[li][b][u][i][color=maroon]A step-to-step guide to becoming an Adopter:[/b][/u][/i][/color]

1. Make sure you meet the qualifications needed to become an [b][color=maroon]Adopter[/b][/color].

2. Express your desire to become an adopter either by posting on this topic ([b]i.e.[/b] ?I would like to become an [b][color=maroon]Adopter[/b][/color]! Sign

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Welcome back, Alex. :D [:D] Glad to hear all is well! :)

I've edited in the new update, so let the adoptions proceed! :D

3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Well, it's great to be back. I sent you a message Pash, which include my intentions. As for your message Julia, I look forward to hearing from you shortly. Perhaps both you and Pash can get me caught up on the times :p .

4. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I would like to become an Adopter! Sign me up please.

I've talked to you in the past Strid but I just turned 4-months-old a few weeks ago so I'd like to adopt.

5. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I can't help but feel a little sad that there aren't any newbies :(

But that means you're doing an excellent job! so [face_dancing]

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    LordJoda-181: "I've talked to you in the past Strid but I just turned 4-months-old a few weeks ago so I'd like to adopt."

Well, I've looked into it. And, I have no reason to lead me to believe that you'd be a horrible Adopter. So, allow me to first, contact Julia, and recieve back all of those documents required for updating the main listings. As well as get the low down of what's happened within this thread in my absence.

Once completed with that, I will add all those wishing to adopt, and within the requirements criteria, to the listings to begin their new journey ;) .

7. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    no new Newbies?!? sad day! :(

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    No yoda-is-my-homeboy, it's a grand day. It's a great thing to see. Especially since the lack of interest in the past few months. I am truely blessed to see this many users taking a stand and helping others. And, it is my personal prayer that this will continue.

9. jedi_of_darkness

jedi_of_darkness Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2003
    I'm a back my freinds and would like to be an adoptiee angain :)

JoD

10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    jedi_of_darkness: "I'm a back my freinds and would like to be an adoptiee angain :) "

I see no problem with that. So, allow me to get this straight. You wish to be adopted, correct? :confused: Is there any particular length of time? Or, would you not mind a long adoption if your Adopter opted for one? :confused:

Just wished to ask, seeing as though you were listed prior to your leave.

11. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    yeah, Strid, I see what you mean. :)

ok, happy day!!! :D :D :D

:cool:

12. jedi_of_darkness

jedi_of_darkness Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2003
    no I mean I wanna be an adopter.

What do you mean listed prior to my leave never had a leave (in the last 3 months or so) and last time you said that I didn't have enough posts.

Atlest I think it was you.

JoD

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    jedi_of_darkness: "no I mean I wanna be an adopter.

What do you mean listed prior to my leave never had a leave (in the last 3 months or so) and last time you said that I didn't have enough posts.
    "

Oh, sorry for the miscommunication. I've been away for two weeks, and I sadly forget everything... :( However, upon a brief viewing of your post count, and registration date, I'm going to have to say...that I will permit your adoption. Now, if you only had 44 post counts above the requirements, and, left the JC for a total of three months, then returned, I'd have to say that you need to kinda wait it out ;) . However, since I've looked over your passed posts, I was amazed to see that you've been active ever since that time period. So, it is to that extent that I am happy to announce that I comply with your ability to adopt another user. Train them well.

All I ask is that you wait to be listed, until I can get the main coding from the temp coordinator :) .

14. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Nice to have you back Stridarious :D

Hmm *sigh* my newbie is again gone for other 20 days. :_| What can I do? She always come stays 10 or 15 minutes and leaves again for a long time. Sorry for the note. :(

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    PatttyB0123: "Hmm *sigh* my newbie is again gone for other 20 days. :_| What can I do? She always come stays 10 or 15 minutes and leaves again for a long time. Sorry for the note. :( "

No, don't appologize. I rather hear about this problem now, then allow it to build up and escolate into something greater. Or even worse, cause you to get frustrated and give up on Adoptions. I'll look into this. I know it's been going on for sometime. And, I am sure that there are valid reasons behind it. May I ask, "How long have you had this Adoptee?" :confused:

This may help to be the determining factor if I re-list you as a free Adopter or not ;) .

16. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you May I ask, "How long have you had this Adoptee?" 3 months. She is nice and a good member but she does not have too much time to come any more.

17. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Pleased to report that my adoptee is doing fine.

And it's good to see you again strid.

How many pages IS the update in MSword now strid?

18. saberlord99

saberlord99 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 9, 2002
    I think my adoptee is no longer active. XwingsGhost has a total of 11 posts, and has not logged on in over a month. I ask that I be again put on the free adopters list. Thanks :)

19. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    PatttyB0123: "3 months. She is nice and a good member but she does not have too much time to come any more."

Well, as much as I'd hate to say it. It appears as if we have no other choice, but to release that Newbie :( , and pair you back up with another. When there are more listed ;) .

[b]milney[/b]: "[i]How many pages IS the update in MSword now strid?[/i]"

I am unsure. As I have lost all the important items for updating the main listings... [face_sad] Thankfully [b]Morgaine[/b], the Temp Co-ordinator was holding on to them for me. I can only assume that they are about maybe 8-9 pages long [face_happy] .
    [hr]
    [b]saberlord99[/b]: "[i]I think my adoptee is no longer active. [b]XwingsGhost[/b] has a total of 11 posts, and has not logged on in over a month. I ask that I be again put on the free adopters list. Thanks [face_happy] [/i]"

Oh... [face_sad] this is the part of the job that hurts me everytime. To see a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] slip into the cracks of RL issues and disappear. But, do not fret. As I will have you paired back up again in no time [face_wink] .

20. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    How's the adopting going? *feels horribly out of everything, because Darth School has had his hold on poor Nelli for ages*

Looking good so far... :)

21. Ewok15

Ewok15 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2002
    Don't worry Shrink, Darth School has affected us all at one point or another ;)

22. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Darth School has affected us all at one point or another

Very true. ;)

23. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Right now I'm being attacked by his apprentice Darth Working for my brother as a landscaper

24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Co-ordinational Notepad: "New Pair"

I'd like to annouce, since I am unable to post a new update till the next page, that we have a new pair. Please give a round of applause for obi-wan-kanathan who has graciously adopted TheFettMan as his new Adoptee =D= . Congrats you two. I am anxious to see what is to come of you both as you both grow in JC forum knowledge :) .

As well as welcome back, jedi_of_darkness, PatttyB0123, & saberlord99 as potential Adopters ;) .

25. Ewok15

Ewok15 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 1, 2002
    Congrats on the new pairing! =D=

Also, welcome back adopters! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.