main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v4.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Stridarious, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Benji: "im too lazy to fix my icons, so just use the oldbie ones if ya want"

I may just use them all! :) despite if we already have a [/color=darkslateblue]Newbie[color] icon already made, we could always use another! :D
    So keep up that good holsome work guys! See ya all tommorrow morning, and I hope to see this place filled with great icons!

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    yea later

*returns to star wars music hunt*

3. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Benji: "yea later"

Later! 8-} , and happy hunting on that SW music quest. 8-} .

4. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Hey Stridarious!Have you made that debate yet?

5. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    YAY! I'm adopted..hehehe

well about this icon thingie...i would love to make some...i have like so much time on my hands...as school is out...and ive made things like this b4....but! i have no place to host them...i cant resize pics which makes this harder...and if u want them to not be distorted i have to save them as bitmaps....cuz i have a crappy comp and so i dont have any image software...the only thing i have to use is paint...which i can actually do some pretty cool stuff with but ya u still want me to make u some? i could email them to u..... ?[face_plain]

6. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Ok well I got a PM back form Dark_lord_Ani and he said that he woudl be happy if I took him under my wing. So I will ;)

7. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    MWF seeks....

;)
    :p

I'm willing to adopt a newbie! PM me if interested. :D

8. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow, a new Newbie Adoption thread :D I'm so glad this place is still going strong :)

Great job Stridarious on the new thread! :D

I'll be adopting tomorrow ;)

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    WHOA! tons of questions! 8-}

[b]padawanskywalker[/b]: "[i]Hey Stridarious!Have you made that debate yet?[/i]"

I'll [b]PM[/b] you on that [face_wink] .
    [hr]
    [b]Aina[/b]: "[i][b][color=green]well about this icon thingie...i would love to make some...i have like so much time on my hands...as school is out...and ive made things like this b4....but! i have no place to host them...i cant resize pics which makes this harder...and if u want them to not be distorted i have to save them as bitmaps....cuz i have a crappy comp and so i dont have any image software...the only thing i have to use is paint...which i can actually do some pretty cool stuff with but ya u still want me to make u some? i could email them to u..... [face_confused] [/i][/b][/color]"

Yeah if you think it best, however, sadly I can not host them, as I myself am having problems with hosting items [face_sad] .
    [hr]
    [b]anidanami124[/b]: "[i]Ok well I got a PM back form Dark_lord_Ani and he said that he woudl be happy if I took him under my wing. So I will [face_wink] [/i]"

Sounds great! [face_grin] I look forward to seeing you both grow together. I will add you onto my evening update.
    [hr]
    [b]nashira[/b]: "[i]I'm willing to adopt a newbie! PM me if interested.[/i]"

Could you adopt me? [face_silly]
    [hr]
    [b]Ginger_Jedi[/b]: "[i]Great job [b]Stridarious[/b] on the new thread! [face_grin] [/i]"

Thank-You [b]Ginger_Jedi[/b] for the support and your kindness towards me as I step out into a fun and new exciting experience. [face_wink]

10. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Sure, I was only stating this due to the main reasons that if many want to, they may do so. Your icons look absolutely great, either way! :D

ok,cool! :D

11. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    well ill still email them to u and then if u like them i guess i can try to find a place to host them or someone who is kinda enough to host them for me

12. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
  13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Thanks greatly OBIX1 for answering that question for me, and even more so supplying a link. That is a great deed. Thank-You. :D

14. Alina_Tarkona

Alina_Tarkona Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    I won't be coming to the JC anymore because of personal reasons. Please take me off the adoption list.

15. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
  16. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Aww :( Sorry to see you leave Alina :(

I adopted J_M_Bulldog! :D (Yes, I talked to her I didn't adopt her without her consent! :p )

17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Alina_Tarkona: "I won't be coming to the JC anymore because of personal reasons. Please take me off the adoption list."

I am truely sorry to hear that, you will be greatly missed. :( I want to wish you the very best on whatever life my give you. I pray you find your calling and that you would always find that time to reflect back and always know that we are here to cheer you on! God's blessings upon you! :D

[b]Aina[/b]: "[i][b][color=green]okay! i got them uploaded...yay![/i][/b][/color]"

Those are great icons! [face_grin]
    Oh, I love them all! [face_silly]
    [hr]

Hi, everyone! [face_happy] I just want to congratulate our newest [b][color=maroon]adopter[/b][/color]/[b][color=darkslateblue]adoptee[/b][/color] pairs!
    [blockquote][image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Woot.gif][/blockquote]
    Also, I?d like to personally thank all those [b][color=maroon]oldbies[/b][/color] that have recently volunteered. And I just want to remind everyone that we have [b]10[/b] cute, cuddly [b][color=darkslateblue]newbies[/b][/color] just waiting to be adopted; so come get them.

[hr]
    Edit: Please see the last page of this thread for the most recent list. :)

18. Thraxwhirl

Thraxwhirl Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Aha! New Newbie Adoptions project, eh?
    sorry I'm a couple of days late.

I should like to make it clear that I wish to offer my services as an adopter of any Newbie brave and/or foolish enough to take up my offer of help/tuition.

I live in England, so that may be of interest. Few European users on the Mentor List at present.

I love LotR, History, Literature and poetry. Also rock music, if that's of any interest to anyone.

I am usually found making mischief in the YJCC, but just occasionally venture across to the Amph, Comms, Senate and WNU.

Would love to hear from any Newbie looking for assistance, and I'd be glad to be put on the list.

19. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Thraxwhirl: "Would love to hear from any Newbie looking for assistance, and I'd be glad to be put on the list."

Consider it done! 8-} Welcome abord! :D .

Lastly, for all those [b][color=maroon]free oldbies[/b][/color] who are extremely anxious to adopt a cute [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], we currently have [b]10[/b]on the list waiting to be adopted. [face_happy]
    [hr]
    Edit: Please go to the last page of this thread to see the most recent version of the list. :)

20. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I think my newbie can roam free now. He seems to have lost interest in the Jedi Council and we didn't talk much. You can put me back on the list please. :)

21. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    Stridarious:Those are great icons! :D
    Oh, I love them all! :p

thanx.....one small ickle problem tho......one of them is 49x49 and i think the rest are 51x51.......darn Paint and its deciving me.....:p and i just realized we have a lot of Icon Artists...i saw one person the first day i was here and i thought they were the only one lol! i guess i still have a lot to learn ;) :)

22. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
    I will take back the thing about asking on 14th.Can I be on the adopters list?

23. Thraxwhirl

Thraxwhirl Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Just an update. I've adopted Puksi. :)
    Poor girl. ;) What is she letting herself in for?

24. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
  25. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Thanks, Strid for all your help. My adopter is cool. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.