main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v4.0

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Stridarious, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Thanks for the update ;)

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Sorry for my late post, As you may or maynot have noticed the List looks somewhat different. Below I will take the liberty to explain why. But first I would like to congratulate our latest Oldbie whom volunteered without a second thought put into it. Thank-you! :D for your help, as it has been greatly appreciated.

Now, as to the reason I did not post many of our names to those of you whom adopted a Newbie counter-part.

As some of you already know from the previous threads, I need to be sure that you have the permission from your Newbie before I post it up on the list.

Below I have listed a few things that I have been pondering how to place into action, and this is what I have come up with:

1.) After the initial thought of Adopting a Newbie, it is asked that you the Adopter contacts that person via PM.

2.) Once contact has been made and you both agree, then both of you must post within the Adoption thread and also send a PM to myself, where I will add you to the listings.

(The reason I say to post it is because if in case I am not around or I am away, my substitute may have no problem leaving off where I last updated. This also goes for Adopters placement, and Newbie placement. All you need to do is post your info as shown below):

• Adopters- Post that you are intersted in wanting to adopt, then list the places you frequent.

• Newbies- Be sure that you post your interest to be adopted.

So as you can see this works both ways and can easily alleviate and problems that may arise. However any conflicts or problems may still be PMed to me for answering ;) .

Also, please check out the latest additions to the Adoptions List. I will add them below for easier access.

[ul][li][u][i][b][color=red]Newbie Adoption Co-Coordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If for any circumstances, I am absent for an extended amount of days, or on leave of absence, which will be posted and [b]PM[/b]ed to both the Forum Manager and the person(s) listed. This being ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=253827][b][color=white][hl=#60699F]Anakin_Sleepwalker [/b][/color][/hl][/link]), has been informed that in any case to keep the thread moving, and to send me the initial info upon my return, where I will resume my place.[/li][/ul][ul][li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=12113876&page=1][b][color=darkslateblue] [i]FanForce Open House[/b][/i][/color][/link]: Looking for a local FanForce within your area? Having a hard time finding one that isn?t too far? Then check out this helpful list and meet the many helpful [b][color=blue]City Representatives[/b][/color] awaiting to take your questions and point you in the right direction.[/li][/ul]
    [hr]
    Whelp I hope that cleared up alot! [face_grin] I may just add this to the list as well, so that all understand. However if I do, be prepared for a slowler loading time [face_silly]

Thanks agian everyone! [face_happy]

~[b][i]Stridarious[/b][/i]

3. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    *coughs* isnt it Anakin_Sleepwalker not Anakin_Skywalker? ;)

4. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    What mistake? 8-} I don't see nothin'! [face_laugh]

5. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    We did though ;)

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_shocked] You did?!?!

*quickly gets a shove and tries to cover it up*

Nothing to see here! ;)

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
  8. Anakin_Sleepwalker

Anakin_Sleepwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    What happened? I'm lost.

8-}

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Um...Nothing! :D

*hides the shovel*

HONEST!! 8-}

*runs away*

Edit: The newest list can be found on the last page of the thread. ;)

10. Darth Bilbo

Darth Bilbo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2000
    I have adopted Lord_Tuvitor.

11. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    *bows before his new master, Darth Bilbo*

Excellent...

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay, sounds great, after I do a quick background check on the both of you, you should both be cleared. :D

That should take but not even a day ;)

13. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    why should i an my adoptee still have to send a pm to you, if i already said in here, yesterday that i adopted her.
    Suposelly my word is of trusth, no?

[face_plain]

14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    WhiteHorse: "why should i an my adoptee still have to send a pm to you, if i already said in here, yesterday that i adopted her.
    Suposelly my word is of trusth, no?
    "

Well truthfully you don't have to PM me. You could just post the info here 8-} . I am sorry for that mis-understanding, I was totally out of it when I wrote that last night so much of it may be a repeat. You may PM me only if you think you may need too ;) . It is not required. Unless you have a problem you wish to discuss in private.

However the posting method works much faster with me, so once you have adopted someone, then please be sure you both post it. :D

Edit: I gave out the wrong info, I though he was asking something else [face_blush] . But now its all fixed :D .

15. Jezebel_Jedi

Jezebel_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Strid: I am releasing my adoptee because he seems to have everything under control and I'm proud to say I think he is going to be just fine on his own. :)

Edit: Nevermind he seems to already be adopted.

16. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I rarely post at the Star Wars Community Forum now Stridarious, so could you change that to the Episode III Spoiler Forum please. Also, last time I checked I didn't live in North America! 8-}

Edit: Don't forget I haven't adopted anyone at this time.

17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oops! 8-}

I will have all this updated soon enough.

18. Yesenia

Yesenia Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    I'm happy to say that Jedi_Ginger has been kind enough to take me under her wing.

It feels nice to be adopted. =)

19. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Strid!I thought I was one of the Co-Coordinators. :(

20. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Strid, are you going to pair up the newbies that haven't been adopted yet with oldbies?

21. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yesenia: "I'm happy to say that Jedi_Ginger has been kind enough to take me under her wing.

It feels nice to be adopted. =)
    "

I am glad to hear that you both are getting along greatly! :D

[b]padawanskywalker[/b]: "[i]Strid!I thought I was one of the Co-Coordinators. [face_sad] [/i]"

You are. Everyone here is. Espcially in my absence [face_wink] .
    [hr]
    [b]DarthXan318[/b]: "[i]Strid, are you going to pair up the newbies that haven't been adopted yet with oldbies?[/i]

No, for the moment I will contact the [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color] to be sure that they want to be adopted still, and leave those who are still intersted and still here, on the list, and those who are no longer intersted or here, I will remove immediately. After that I will post the list.
    [hr]
    [b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Coordinator's Notpad[/b][/color]:

Yestrday I had a long discussion with the forum manager on many different things having to relate with the Newbie Adoption Thread. It was decide upon that instead of creating a new thread for the [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies/Adoptees[/b][/color] and their [b][color=maroon]Oldbie/Adopter[/b][/color] counter-parts to rather take use of the forum within the thread already [face_wink] . So I asked her if we could inhabit per-say the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8978467&page=1]Newbie Welcome Party [[b]v.2[/b]][/link] and use that as a thread which you and [b][color=maroon]Adopter[/b][/color] or vise versa, could come and learn more about each other, and just have fun! [face_grin]

Also, she brought up the fact that though the list has alot of good info, its eating up alot of loading time, and frankly I can agree. So as of today I will only post one update per page.
    And if you wish to be informed of the list and want to have a look at it, I could send it to you via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp]Private Message[/link] [face_wink] .

Also, I would also like everyone to know, that I have noticed the immediate problem following my reform. I would like all to know that through a process of hearing each side of those whom [b]PM[/b]ed me informing me of this immediate problem I have decided to return the process back to what it used to be. So thus, the reform is not in affect. So, through a learning experience I have seen that the old way works best [face_wink] . So please feel free to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=726885][b]PM[/b][/link] me, and even post your info onto this main page. [face_grin]

22. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Wow! So much info! :p
    Interesting, how does this whole adoption thing work anyway? :eek:

23. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Still looking for an adoptee. PM me if you would like to be adopted. :)

Lady Sami

24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Mertroid: "Interesting, how does this whole adoption thing work anyway? [face_shocked] "

Well, you being an Adopter also called an Oldbie, would be placed onto the list entitled:

[b][color=darkgreen][u]Free Oldies Waiting To Adopt: (JC Forums Of Expertise).[/u][/b][/color][hr][/blockquote]
    After this, you would then browse through our list of avaliable [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color] or new users, and [b]PM[/b] one of them, asking if they'd like to be your [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptee[/b][/color] [face_grin] .

Now this process alone could last a couple of days. However, once you find one that shares your common interests or agrees to being adopted, then you would either post it within this thread, or directly [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=726885][b]PM[/b][/link] me, where I will then take the info you shared, and post it [face_wink] .

If you wish for more info, I can easily send you some via [b]PM[/b] [face_grin] .

25. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Hey Strid I would like to help.

I am in the Fan Force Monroe LA,3SA,Communications,and the JCC a little bit.

I live in North America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.