main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newbie Adoptions v5.5 ? LATEST UPDATE: 12/03-

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Stridarious, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    What exactly is different and unusual about this thread? :confused: The setup has been exactly like this for several versions before.

And speaking of versions, technically speaking v4.1 would make a lot more sense than v5.0. ;)

But anyway... faster loading times are always a good thing, and if people had problems with the old thread, then I'm certainly not going to disagree with a new one.

2. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    I have great news!

I have adopted I_am_Kooky :D

3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Co-ordinational Notepad: "New Paired Users!"

Well, over the past few days, a new user was listed, and just as fast taken under by another well-trained Adopter, and close friend ;) . Qui-Gina-Jinn has graciously adopted I_am_Kooky! :D So, let's give them both a big round of appulause =D= . And, wish them well on this new journey together :) .

Now, do not feel as if there are no other Newbies left for adopting. We currently have one, which, I am looking into pairing up with another user shortly, if no one else steps up to the plate...so, come and GET'EM! :p *rings bell*

[blockquote][hr][color=FFFFFF][hl=#60699F][b]Newbie Adoptions List v5.0[/b][/color][/hl][hr][/blockquote]
    Hello, [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbies[/b][/color]! :D Are you feeling a bit lost? Are you intimidated by the sheer size of the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link]? Do you want to blend in quickly, make friends fast and avoid common rookie mistakes? Then you have certainly come to the right place! Here, in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16268901]Newbie Adoptions [[b]V5.0[/b]][/link], we have a collection of extremely talented and caring [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] who are dedicated to helping you learn the ways of our beloved [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link]. [face_love] Once you?ve been adopted, you?ll be able to direct any question about the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/]Jedi Council[/link], no matter how small or silly, to your [b][color=maroon]Adopter[/b][/color]. So, get adopted today! ;)

[ul][li][i][u][b][color=blue]Newbie Adoption Co-ordinator[/b][/color][/i][/u]: If any adoption information changes or if problems arise, please notify me ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=726885][b][color=FFFFFF][hl=#60699F]Stridarious[/b] [/color] [/hl][/link]) via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=341669]Private Message[/link] as soon as possible, and I?ll be sure that it is fixed immediately. :) [/li]

[li][i][u][b][color=maroon]Adopters/Oldbies[/b][/color][/i][/u]: To adopt a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], you must be a registered [b]JCer[/b] for at least four months, have accumulated 500 posts minimum to your current username. Also, when applying to become an [b][color=maroon]Adopter[/b][/color], you can choose to specify any preferences ([b]i.e.[/b] gender, age, interests) that may aid you or the Coordinator in finding your ideal [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptee[/b][/color]. [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] may only adopt one [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] at a time; requests by [b][color=maroon]Oldbies[/b][/color] to adopt another [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color] will only be heard via [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=726885][i]Private Message[/i][/link] and granted with just cause. After you have adopted a [b][color=darkslateblue]Newbie[/b][/color], it is recommended (but not mandatory) that you both make notation of your relationship in your [b]signatures[/b] ([b]E.g.[/b]: ?[i]Adopter of [b][color=darkslateblue]User B[/b][/color][/i],? and ?[i]Adoptee of [b][color=maroon]User A[/b][/color][/i]?).

All [b][color=maroon]Adopters[/b][/color] are asked to continue to post within the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10181][b]W[/b]elcome [b]N[/b]ew [b]U[/b]sers[/link] forum and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16268901]Newbie Adoptions [[b]V5.0[/b]][/link] Thread to show your involvement in this program and the forum it resides within ([b]note:[/b] this may also help you locate your potential [b][color=darkslateblue]Adoptee[/b][/color]). All those whom have not posted within a period of two weeks in the forum and or thread will be removed from the list until further contact can be attempted. Lastly, [b][color=maroon]Adopters[/b][/color] are encouraged let their [b][color=darkslateblue]

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    If needs be, I'm more then happy to help Strid. Let me know. Otherwise, congrats on the new pairing. And if there are any other newbies out there, don't be shy :D

5. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    you know, I wonder when my computer is going to start sparking and smokeing from having to load this list :p

Congratulations to new and old pairs! :) Hope you are having fun everyone.

6. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    I doubt that it will begin sparking because we have a new thread AND strid did some spring cleaning on the list.

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    milney: "I doubt that it will begin sparking because we have a new thread AND strid did some spring cleaning on the list."

And how! It took several days just to clean up where Morgaine had left off ;) . As well as re-edit those posts from v3.0, as to have them ready for v5.0 :) .

[b][u][color=red]Kartanym[/b][/u][/color]: "[i]If needs be, I'm more then happy to help Strid. Let me know. Otherwise, congrats on the new pairing. And if there are any other newbies out there, don't be shy [face_grin] [/i]"

Well, would you be willing to adopt a user interested in the RPF? [face_confused]

8. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    THANKYOU Master Qui-Gina-Jinn !!!

I feel so loved ;)

9. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well, would you be willing to adopt a user interested in the RPF?

More then happy to :D

10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Co-ordinational Notepad: "New Newbie User signed up, lookin' for Adopter"

Well, I wish to announce that, JediMasterRevan (Jim) is searching for a free Adopter who shares an interest in: (Episode 3 - Spoilers, & Classic Trilogy) forums, to adopt him :) . If you are interested, please send me a message as soon as possible.

[b][u][color=red]Kartanym[/b][/u][/color]: "[i]More then happy to [face_grin] [/i]"

Well, in that case then I will contact the user and ask them if they'd be willing to be adopted by you. Then, I will contact you once I get a response back [face_wink] .

11. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Please get someone to adopt me cause I am lost. I don't have a clue what half the technical terms mean and I really don't know where to start.

Also I have no idea what PM means and how to do it!

12. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Don't worry dear, I have just sent you a PM (Private Message). When you get it you will see a number next to the link that reads as "Private Message" on the upper part of the boards. i.e. just below the banner/picture...
    Its there right alongside your username. :D

You can't miss it...its usually in a contrasting colour to the boards.

If you want to PM me, you can either click on the "PM" tag below my post...

or

Click on my name tag, go to my profile, then click on "send private message" and you're on your way. :)

13. yoda-is-my-homeboy

yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    hey, I'm interested in adopting Diamond_Revelation! :)

14. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I Feb 04 can't adopt a Feb 03! :p

Edit:

You can't miss it...its usually in a contrasting colour to the boards.

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine: you spelled color with a u! :p That must frustrate you when you do Markup codes :p

Evil.

15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Actually Evil, if a user is an '03er and has not posted at all, I don't see why a regular poster and experienced '04er cannot adopt. ;)

Oh as for the spelling...we use the British spelling so colour is spelt with a "u". :D

Funnily I have never had the mix up during mark ups...for mark ups I always type without the "u". :p

16. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I know you use the british spelling, but it's still funny! :p

BTW i'd like to be adopted again Strid! ;)

Evil.

17. Israel_Angell

Israel_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 31, 2004
    You know, I didn't sign up till a little while back, but for years I watched the forums, any how, I would like a master, a teacher. So please adopt me!

18. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Nevermind i'll adopt him! ;)

Evil.

19. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Just droppin to say good luck in the new thread Strid :)

20. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Wow, the problem got solved while I was away. ;)

Benji? :eek: How are you? Haven't seen you around in ages. Hope you're doing well. [:D] Eaten any of our beloved noobs yet? ;)

Okay back on topic, I have PM'd [b]Diamond_Revelation[/b] and she has agreed to let me adopt her. :) She might post in this thread sometime today to confirm the adoption. :D

Alex, when she does could you add us to the current adoption pairs? Thanks. :)

[hr]

21. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Yep Jedi_Humaira_Blaine agreed to adopt me - yey Thanks again guys. You have all been so welcoming.

22. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    You're welcome, Diamond. :D

Ah, I guess that's sorted too, Alex. You can add us to the pairs list for your next update. :)

23. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Just popping in to say hi, and letting Strid know that the newbie I PMed a while back called 'angelllyons24' has not logged in since 6/5 and hasn't posted since 5/20. :( Once again, I have been left to PM another user who never replies.

*sigh* I would love to adopt someone, jeese this is frustrating.

24. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    dash, don't worry...give it some time. Maybe the newbie will log in soon. Could be real life problems keeping the newbie away. :)

I suppose you can still look around...you never know when a newbie will show up. ;)

25. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah I'll be waiting . . .

Normally when I get home from school and check up on this forum, the newbies that ask to be adopted are already taken so I miss out. Hopefully during my holidays now (2 weeks) I'll get the chance to adopt my first newbie. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.