main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Mafia movies rock, so I chose one of those. I figured "Godfather" would be taken. Plus, I got a matching icon.

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Aww, Strid, you now I'm just kidding. ;) Of course, and official is great! :cool:

Yes, of course, MASTER_OBI-DAN was a great guy... :) And you have turned out to be a great JCer and I'll bet, a great mentor to someone else! :)

*Hugs*

Hey goodfellas...ah, that was a movie title wasn't it? :)

3. JediRockstar

JediRockstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2003
    When I was little I always wanted to be a Jedi...until I wanted to be a rockstar. :p So I figured put the two together and I can be both! hehe

4. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    JediRockstar: "When I was little I always wanted to be a Jedi...until I wanted to be a rockstar. :p So I figured put the two together and I can be both! hehe"

I think thats a cool :cool: name. One that would in my mind be remembered forever! ;)

5. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Well I always wanted to be a Jedi Knight, and my birthday is August 8th.

sooo.....

jediknight88

6. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    I made a whole bunch of names, and I was trying to decide which one I liked best but i went on a posting spree with this one, and I didnt want to waste all those posts so I just stayed with this one.

7. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Ariadne is just one of many names I use on various boards. I'm usually Screaming Ferret elsewhere, but I wanted something different for the JC.

Ariadne was a character from Greek mythology. She helped Theseus kill the minotaur, and fled with him from Crete. He abandoned her on an island, and she ended up marying the god of wine, Dionysius (or whatever ;) )

I'm an ancient history student, hence the Greek myths, and I just like the name (and the story).

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Ariadne: "Ariadne was a character from Greek mythology. She helped Theseus kill the minotaur, and fled with him from Crete. He abandoned her on an island, and she ended up marying the god of wine, Dionysius (or whatever ;) ) "

Oh, thats a lovely name... [face_blush] Although the story is a little violent! 8-}

9. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I added an 'e' to 'sarah.'

And that is the truth.

10. GrandWarlordMcneely

GrandWarlordMcneely Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    I picked my name, from a charactor I created in a story I've been working on in the last year. If I can get the guts(LOL), I may post it in fan fiction. Grand Warlord Mcneely was a man, under the direct supervision of the Emperor, and Darth Vader, in charge of all miltary operations. He commanded the Super Star Destroyer Intimidator, and at one time was a jedi master. During the Battle of Endor, he forseen disaster, thus he was not apart of the battle.

Anyways, that's how I came up with the name. :D

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Great names! :D Each one very well thought out and orginized as so that I and many herein may associate the name to the icon and later get to remember that person as a whole.

Atlest thats what these do for me! 8-}

12. hanshootsfirst

hanshootsfirst Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2001
    I think mine is fairly self evident.

OHHHHH!!!! If I could just change one thing from the S.E.!!!

13. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Because I am his lover ;) [face_loves]

14. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    My name is based on someone I know.

15. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Mine is an elf name of the language known as Quenya.

Eärwen means "Sea-maiden"
    Ancalimë means "Most Bright One"

*************Queen of Confusion*************

16. wampas_wrath

wampas_wrath Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2003
    I had alot of troule thinking up something to go with my other fav character, so I chose this one.

I simply used ''wampa'' because in the starwars videogame ''shadows of the empire''
    (which is my favourite game)featured these wampas that always seemed extremely angry to see me, so I used the word ''wrath'' the describe them.

Pretty simple.

17. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I came up with my name because I wanted something slightly Star Wars-related, but not to much.
    Also, I thing that "Mr. Mundi" both starting with an "M", has a nice ring to it. And then it clearly tells that I am male.

18. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I just wanted a name with Jedi in it. And I've always wanted wings. And I thought how cool would it be if a Jedi had wings? Voila- Winged_Jedi

19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Hello. All the names are great here. I like JediRockstar and Winged_Jedi. :)

I also had some trouble finding a name. I tried a lot of different ones and they were all taken. Starfish was the first that wasn't taken. I haven't looked through all the icons so I don't know if there is a starfish one, so I just picked 3PO since my name at the DHC message boards is galactic-3po.

20. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    i got mine because Jagged Fel is Spike Lead in Dark Tide 2 Ruin and his initials r JF i had it planned before i signed on. :p

21. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    My name is based on someone I know.

Erm, yes Daniel...that would be you! ;) 8-}

Earwen, I always found your name gorgeous...sounds like something from LOTR! Oh, like Eowyn! :cool:

Nice names people!

22. Cobblestone

Cobblestone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I have noticed people find my nick, well, confising.

when I was to choose a nickname I simply pulled out a dictionary and looked att all the words. there were no words there that really spoke to me, until I came to C. there it was, standing out. I'v always felt like a cobble...

23. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Hmm, ;) interesting Maja. ;) I actually wanted to ask you the meaning of your user name...

And now I know. :D

24. Jade_the_Sith

Jade_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2003
    I've gotten several compliments about my screenname and am terribly proud of it~~

Well, Mara Jade is my favorite character. And I have a passion for the Dark Side, so my name is pretty self-explanitory. I also considered names like Darth Jade (or Darthina ;) ) or regal titles like Countess Jade, but I think my name suits me.
    Okay, I'll stop boring you now

25. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I came up with my username after I found that Jaster_Mereel was already taken...

I just decided to add a nice Imperial touch to it and became an Admiral...

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++