main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. KaminoPalomino

KaminoPalomino Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2015
    My username incorporates two of my favourite things: Star Wars and horses. Plus, it rhymes :p.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    In a way all those in your avvie could be said to display palomino colour shadings as well. I find it quite neat, actually. :)

KaminoPalomino likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I picked mine because Al Gore created me.

4. Scholomancer

Scholomancer Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 16, 2010
    A scholomancer is from Bram Stoker's Dracula. It generally means someone who has attended the Devil's personal academy of dark arts. I chose it as my permanent forum & gamer name a few years back.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Mine is self-explanatory to a degree as well. It's because I admire my Sir very much. Why so many act like my name is Tarkin Is Cool! Is baffling though.

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm not entirely certain, but I think its because one my second favorite character is Yoda. For chancellor, I don't know, just thought it sounded right for some reason. Chancellor Yoda also gives you the idea I'm a saga fan which is what I generally wanted.

Pensivia likes this.
  7. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    Well, i was born with it hahahah
    apparently i'm the only one around with my real pic and name.

8. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Don't you know? The rest of us are in secret witness protection programs...[face_shhh]

:p

9. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    Danm program, i tought i was the only one running away from Darth Krayt [face_devil]

Pensivia likes this.
  10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Well, let's start with the Ishy part. There was a trumpeter in the 1920s named Ish Kabibble. I love that name! I've used ishkabibble numerous times since I heard it. I even used it on a BBS (yes, I'm that old) that met at a local watering hole. Problem is the folks, after they've had a few drinks, couldn't pronounce Ishkabibble, so I suddenly became Ishy.
    The Darth part is just because I had just created a new account to change my name (didn't know you could just change it, oh well) and my previous name was JediDrew. Something about going to the dark side that's quite liberating.
    The Z? Just because I like the letter Z.
    DarthIshyZ :)

Pensivia and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  11. Darkskythe

Darkskythe Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2015
    Name i have used in various mmo games over the years

12. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Goodness. I am one of those people who put very little thought into picking a name. I joined about a month or two after the forum was first created in ye ole days when using your real name online was expected. Thankfully, I didn't use my surname. Nearly everyone else wanted the same character names, which meant usernames ended with numbers. A LOT. The lucky ones who registered Darth Vader, Leia Organa Solo, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker at the start all abandoned posting eventually. There used to be talk of opening up a lottery to allow someone new to get the character names. I don't know what came of that, but some were re-registered in 2013.

Everyone has become far more creative in picking names since then!

13. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    I've created my nickname by combining the two Italian words "cielo" (="sky") and "dorato" (="golden"). So the meaning is "golden sky". Then, it also sounds good to me and I've chosen it. :)

14. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    I actually got it from Mariah Carey's music video for her 1997 single, "Honey".

15. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    Well, mine is fairly simple. My name is John and I wanted to "Star Wars" up my user name a bit more than just using my real name. So I came up with merging my name with one of my favorite SW characters. I actually used this moniker when I first went online and joined some local board with like 3 members at the time AOTC came out,and I liked it enough to go back to it for The Force.Net.

I also have used "JediJohnnie" elsewhere.

16. Sirdi

Sirdi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2015
    Its somewhat personal, but it comes from a funny name I got from an ex-girlfriend in high school. Ever since I've been using it in video games where I get to create the character and play online. So, it steadily crept its way as a name of characters and/or avatars online.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  17. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    I knew that Jango Fett was a reference to Django. So I thought Jango unchained would make for a good user name. It is probably obvious that I am born in 1990.

Admiral Volshe and DarthIshyZ like this.
  18. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Mine is a type of fish, actually, because that's one of my other hobbies...... and I was getting a bit bored of my first name and the numbers 247 next to it on the fish forums I'm on. My name's Anders......
    It could be either the Green Chromide or Orange Chromide.

19. GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2015
    Mine's from Homestuck (a webcomic by Andrew Hussie). In Homestuck, there is a character called Rose Lalonde who at one point in the comic 'goes grimdark' . I won't say any more because spoilers, but Grimdark!Rose is one of my favourite bits. Hence, GrimdarkRose.

I also considered "turntechGaylord", after another (beautiful, beautiful) character from the same comic who used the handle "turntechGodhead", but thought no one would get the reference.

Admiral Volshe and Bazinga'd like this.
  20. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Came up with my username with the "friendly neighborhood Spider Man" thing in mind and I love Stormtroopers so eventually settled on TrustyTrooper! :D:D

21. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Because you need to be at least 11 for D...

actually it's a droid from the Darth Plagueis novel...

22. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I thought her name was Pumyra. Like a puma.

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Mine's my SWTOR legacy name. I made it by combing a noun and an adjective, much like Skywalker.

"Dark" and "Slayer"
    "Sky" and "Walker

24. BenToRen

BenToRen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2016
    Mine is because Ben went To the knights of Ren. On other forums, use OC's for fandoms that symbolise or = my name...

25. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    I came up with my username from a Sith title I came up for myself (after thinking about it from those "Star Wars: Questionnaire" videos posted by the "Versus Series" people).

I am proud of myself for coming up with this name.

I also expect to be saddened when someone schools me on some obscure EU novel that has a Darth Kronos character in it.