main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    First part of mine is taken from the villain from an old Sci Fi movie from the late seventies, second is an american blues guitarist...

Sarge likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    This is an old thread, but I figured I'd chime in as it's better late than never. I'd been a SW fan for decades, going back to the 80s; but Ahsoka really became an instant favorite as I watched TCW religiously throughout its original run. I couldn't think of anything substantial to use as her name, so instead I just took her last name as something possessive. Looks strange to the layman; but from now on I'm the one and only A's T in the forum!

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I signed up here soon after I was promoted to staff sergeant. I wanted something that was short and easy to type, and said something about me. Figured I'd use it once or twice and move on. [face_laugh]

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Pretty sure I have told this story here. I watched a show about African children dying of starvation and saw a pretty little girl name Adalia, she died of starvation and I was heart broken. The name stuck with me for years afterwards. Then I fell desperately hopelessly and endlessly in love with Kyp Durron......Rest is history :p

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I'm a fan of the expression "the devil is in the details," and that probably shows in my user name. Also I root for the New Jersey Devils in the NHL as you might be able to tell. [face_devil]

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  6. Han Peacekeeper

Han Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2019
    I connected the "peacekeepers" from the Hunger Games and the fact that I'm a pretty chill person, so I thought "hey, I keep the peace," and also
    added the first three letters of my name to make it unique.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Sarge like this.
  7. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Pretty obvious, but my favorite Ewok, plus George's number. I guess the fun piece for me is that it was the first username I created (even before signing up here) so its been my primary ID since 1997.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Mine is pretty boring. It's a name I've used for many years on other sites. My initials are J. A. S. and I'm a MAN. So, there you have it.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hey, @jasman is still alive! And the oddsmakers take a beating. :p How've you been, JAS?

Bazinga'd likes this.
  10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    For those not keeping score, @jasman has been around longer than @Sarge. Not too many people can say that around these boards.

Pensivia, Sarge and Ava G. like this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    1998. That was back when most of the population of the world were signing onto the internet through dial-up modems; generally with AOL, right?

Sarge and Bazinga'd like this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's how I got on here in 2002.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    Favorite character of all time.. nuff said LOL

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can't recall if I posted here or not - LAJ=initials and the Fetts are my favorite characters. I have Jango's colors and Boba as an avatar.

15. HostofJakku

HostofJakku Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 18, 2016
    I meant to type Ghostofjakku, but I guess I forgot the g. Haven't figured out how to to change it, so I just stuck with host. I liked jakku. Lots of mystery there. Last fight against the empire. Should be plenty of ghost. So ... Ghostofjakku.

Adalia-Durron and Sarge like this.
  16. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I was looking for the name of a background character, something a bit esoteric. Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina was one of the first EU novels that I read and I enjoyed the character of Dannik Jerriko. I also think he looks pretty cool on screen, casually puffing his hookah pipe as Obi Wan performs an impromptu amputation.

afterlight and Sarge like this.
  17. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    The word “afterlight” can be defined either as light visible in the sky after sunset or as a view of past events. I feel like I’ve spent a lot of my life looking backwards, for good or for ill.

I’m also fond of Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds novels. The third book in the series is titled “In The Afterlight.” I’d like to see her write more for Star Wars; she’s always been a vocal fan.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I was a massive FFX fan in November 2004.

Sin was the given name of the recurring villain of the arc, and he manipulated everyone into creating a religion around his reincarnation for ten millennia.

Sin Rebirth became Sinrebirth.

19. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    Um, former Diamondbacks baseball player, btw, I used to be on the old boards way back.I forgot about this place, can’t believe I remembered my password from 14 years ago. This place has changed

20. IHeartKenobi89

IHeartKenobi89 Force Ghost star 5

Nov 17, 2019
    Hmmmm, how did I come up with my name? Simples, it truly is plain and ordinarily simple. Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favourite character, so I just went with something simple. So, IHeartKenobi89, it is.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What you think JC Carey is a better name :p

22. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Initially inspired by an image I had run across called Fluttermaul...and my love for Darth Maul/Ray Park. :p

Sarge and Adalia-Durron like this.
  23. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I'm not sure if I've already posted this years ago, but around the time I first registered here, I saw an Anakin fanvid to the song Beautiful Disaster which I felt described him very well. Since Anakin is my second favorite character and I was defending him a lot in those days, the name was perfect.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  24. MadamSolo

MadamSolo Jedi Padawan

May 15, 2019
    Around the time TLJ came out, I was chatting with a friend from the Harry Potter RPG I'm involved in. Somehow the conversation turned to Star Wars. She jokingly nicknamed me Madam Solo, and it stuck. I took it as my username because Han and Ben/Kylo are two of my favorite Star Wars characters, and I couldn't think of anything I liked better. :han::kylo:

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You know I always wonder how old do you need to be to be an oldbie