main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Jedi_Gem

Jedi_Gem Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2003
    i came up w/ my name in the following manner...i like jedi, i think they're incredible. and my name is Meg...backwards it's Gem...:)

great idea for the tread by the way.

MTFBWY

2. Nalla

Nalla Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2003
    Hey! i just tried to registed Nala but it didn't work. So I am using this one instead. Why doesn't hotmail work right?

3. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I like Anakin as a padawan,so there you have it: padawanskywalker!

4. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Yoda is a Force master and I like 101 at the end: ForceMaster101

5. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    Haha....I love Qui-Gon Jinn, and 'velo' is 'love' mixed up. (I forgot the word for that....is it acronynm?) Anyway, I liked the way that it rolls off the tongue, although I do love Jinn, I just think that it sounds ok.
    I like Stridarious' name, though - Yes, I love strider too. Wish I'd thought of a name like that.

6. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    am lazy... I only come up with names rarely... then I stick with them. Caladria is the heroine in a fantasy story I've been working on for the last 4 years... or rather... occasionally working on... I've been told my character reflects my temper... or rather my temper reflects my character... or something like that :p

(and they really shouldn't let my at the compy when I'm tiered [face_devil] )

7. Shadow86

Shadow86 Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2003
    I never could decide whether I prefered the powers of dark or light, then I thought, what happens when you put these two together, they make a grey type colour, thats a middle ground between two extremes, and so is a shadow. 86 is the year of my birth, so I thought I'd throw that on the end.

Cool thread

8. DarthEssex

DarthEssex Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2003
    It's Secret [face_plain] j/k Essex is from my favorite X-men villian and Darth came from the reason is because someone took Essex already (grumble, grumble)

9. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    There are two parts to my username story...

About seven years ago, I was watching "Global Guts" on Nickelodeon and there was a contestant on there named Shona who was from Scotland. I had NEVER heard that name anywhere before and thought it sounded really cool and original, so that was my messenger s/n for quite a while.

Since I'm a major fan of Darth Vader and Imperial stuff, I added Darth to it when I first became a member of the JC, hence the name DarthShona. :p

10. cassus_fett

cassus_fett Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    morgaine, has anyone ever told u your really weird... just wondering

i made up my name becasuse in KOTOR the best armor in the game is Cassus Fett's armor at +14 defense resistance -20/ ice,
    -20/ fire
    =1 strength and u buy it at the shop on dantoine

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    "morgaine, has anyone ever told u your really weird... just wondering"

Occasionally. ;)

12. JediMasterChie

JediMasterChie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    Well my real name is Christen and a lot of people call me Chie, so now I am Christie-affectionately-known-as-Chie turned Jedi Master!

:D

13. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I had a character called JediJoe in the Rifts RPG. We called him that because he was quite powerful and owned his own little town, which I think is on Mars now :p

That name transformed into LordJedi. I think I have an account on here that is JediJoe, but I don't remember the password or the email it's tied to, so it just sits, totally unused. It's only a little older than this account anyway, so no big deal.

14. MutantEnemy

MutantEnemy Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    I'm a big Buffy and Angel fan, so it should be obvious if you know anything about the show.

15. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Long...too long :p

16. Guru_Ketch

Guru_Ketch Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2003
    Well, seeing as Ketch is my favorite character all time in Star wars, and I am known as the Guru in other places, I figured I would combine the two...

17. Onnie

Onnie Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2000
    Okay, I'll play this game too. :) But you all better grab a pillow and get comefy. See, I've been on the net for a long time. As a matter of fact, you wouldn't believe what my ICQ number is because, it is in only six digits and starts with a two. That's how net oldie I am. ;)

Anyways, I used to play a game called Drakkar on the net. Anyone know it? This was back in the good-old-net-days before it busted wide open. I had named myself Onyx while playing this game.

I was the only 'Stick' female player when I started. It was basically a fiction role-playing sort of game. A 'Stick' meant that you were a warrior type of character. The guys used to even tease me (in fun while we were fighting together) that I was somehow odd; because all the other women played characters that could cast magic spells (and therefore had to stand in the back, not jump in and get beat up.)

I played a Paladin in the game that, while role-playing, had a bad tude. In other words; instead of bowing or my'lording or ladying, she would kick back and throw her muddy boots on the table. She was, well, rude. She was the kind of person that you weren't sure to be happy that she actually rode in and saved your town or not. Yet, she was a Paladin. That's why I named her Onyx, the black gem.

(I like making characters that cut against the grain.)

Longer story shorter, all the gaming dev's and my friends that I played with started calling me Ony. (This is back when you had to type to play games.) Then it went from Ony to Onnie. And that is why I sitched from Onyx to Onnie. Well that, and I started getting ticked so many began to use my Onyx name. On ICQ they started, on the boards they started... but I took them out! ;)

BWAHHAHAH. The only Global user on several things, like EZ-boards, with the name Onnie is ME! Boy did I ever show them! :)

18. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I actually came up with this before Padme was called "m'lady", so it actually ended up working out. :) I just really liked Padme in Episode I, and the idea of her eventually giving birth to Luke and Leia just made this screenname fit.

19. Pol Detson

Pol Detson Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2000
    Pol Detson is the name of my original WEG RPG character and the first name I was able to think of when I first loged onto the forum. Now I've created another s/n being jedijody which has been my on-line handle for the longest time. I've used jedijody on the forum since Aug 01. While I was reading this topic, I wasn't sure if Pol Detson still worked, but I guess it does.

20. jedijody

jedijody Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    Well since Pol Detson posted just now telling the story of his name, I guess I might as well too... seeing as how we are the same person :D Anyways jedijody was a name I came up with when I created my first hotmail account I wanted something others could remember as well as myself so I came up with jedijody. Jedi, something I always wanted to be and Jody, my birth given name. Unfortunatly jedijody@hotmail.com had been over run by so much junk mail that I stoped checking in and started to use Yahoo, thus the account was shut down. When I needed a new account because of MSN messenger, I tried to get jedijody again, but it was no good so I then created jedijody420... I'm sure some could figure that one out ;)

21. lil_goddess_girl

lil_goddess_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    the way i got mine was a friend made a joke about how when i role play i'm usually a goddess or a faerie and she started calling me lil_goddess_girl so i kinda adopted it and started using it. she thinks it's funny that i still use it concidering she started calling me it over a year ago...

22. Onasi

Onasi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2003
    I got mine from kotor, carth onasi

23. Silmarien

Silmarien Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2003
    My username is one that's practically become my second name - if some stranger called me by it I'd probably answer. It's from the Silmarillion. Silmarien's the daughter of Tar-Elendil of Numenor.

24. Son-of-Shinobi

Son-of-Shinobi Jedi Padawan star 3

Feb 14, 2003
    I won it in a card game.

25. Son-of-Shinobi

Son-of-Shinobi Jedi Padawan star 3

Feb 14, 2003
    I won it in a card game.