main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newcastle mini meet - Saturday 2nd September 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by nlindenj, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    hi all
    i'am going into newcastle tommorow how about a mini meet up? i know its short notice but life is full of surprises (as sang by cilla black)
    please let me know where and when
    cheers
    nlindenj

2. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Sorry Nigel - a bit too short notice for me tbh.

I will be in the Toon tomorrow night though, as I am going to see some bands at The Telegraph (pub), but not till 8pm.

Another time though for sure!

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Sorry mate, too short notice for me too.

4. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    If you want to arrange a newcastle meet up then think 4 weeks ahead of now and set a dat for a saturday .

then list where to meet up and where to go ? we will not be coming up in outfits .

if you can arrange a date ill come up

5. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Party pooper :_|
    [image=http://www.defence.gov.au/news/raafnews/editions/4707/images/23-Party-pooper.jpg]

6. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    well only if i can wear mine then

7. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I'd be up for a Newcastle meet - espically in oufit, really wanna road test the old robes before York :D

8. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    ok lets arrange the first newcastle mini meet up - a date to be arranged before york and some time in the middle of may

we need to road test our uniforms again (not like we do it every other day or is that just me ?

9. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Im sat in my robes right now. These tights are itchy though.[face_blush]

Dont think I will be in robes for Newcastle on second thoughts.

10. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Now who's the party pooper

11. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    I need some more new Jedi camo-tights before I troop again, ripped the last ones on my saber [face_blush]
    [image=http://www.treasuredparts.co.uk/tights/images/giraffe_tights.gif]

12. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    can the member from Newcastle start putting plans forward for members to vote on where to meet up and what dates -

13. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Dave - you sound very 'senate-y' there mate! Dont turn all Nute Gunray on us matey!

<Dave> In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, Newcastle will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you will last for ten thousand years! <Dave>

14. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    dave wonders off to get a cuppa at this point and totaly misses what the Honable member says .

but your point is ................................................ someone elce is due to be speaking and i cant for the life of me recall the line .aarrhhhh

15. jedimasterhughsy

jedimasterhughsy Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2006
    when will this meet up be, i'd be up for it

16. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Newcastle meet up OOHHH it will be after York will have to see about it - plus if something was on it would make it a better event rather than just walking around town .

put some idea's forward matey

17. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Newcastle would still be cool - does anyone know of any events that are going on in the next few months so we can get a group of people for a meet?

On an individual basis, I go to Newcastle fairly regularly for shopping and to hang out - even if theres nothing on I am happy to have a wander around FP and the other sci-fi haunts...

Let me know...

Nige - you still around mate?

18. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    hi there
    yup still around been busy organising a suprise holiday for the wife and making plans for LFCC and fantasy events in bristol
    if one is happening let me know
    cheers
    nlindenj

19. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Nige! :D :cool:
    Sure you are following me round the country lol :p
    Jase and I are going to be at LFCC, along with a whole host of people from other FFUK and FF Europe, so please make sure you come and join in. I think you already know FFUK London will have a table at that event, I'll be manning it at points for Lord Tice if he needs me. I'll PM you my moby nearer the time, I am in London from the Friday to Monday of the LFCC weekend.

And I am also planning on going to the Bristol Fantasy event. We have a Northern SW actor there, Kenneth Colley (aka Admiral Piett) and I am trying to work out something to hand him as a honourary member of our chapter. Suggestions would be great :)
    Check here - http://boards.theforce.net/south/b10753/23849161/p1/?2
    I started a thread in FFUK South about the Bristol event, plus another event on the Saturday that I may attend called "Joust".

As for Newcastle meet, depending upon when you have it, I may try my best to come down! I have yet to make a NE meet, I haven't met the two Spikes or Dave yet. It's time I did :) Weekend will be the only time I can come, I may need to come up Sat/Friday nite and either head home Sunday or Monday. So I'll be staying in Newkie Brown town for this meet.

Good to see you back Nige anyways, how's tricks?

20. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    only going to london for carrie fisher (how many more events will she do?) and peter mayhew to sign my 2 posters, here is one of them

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/nlindenj/IMAG0030.jpg

and the bristol event is getting better and better by the day check out the web site and the forums for new guests

as to newcastle i pop in every now and again it might be better is someone else gets it together

i contact youi on your moby when i get there (any chance of picking me up a virtual ticket for carrie on the saturday, i should be getting there around 10am )
    cheers
    nigel

21. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    That's the Joe Corroney poster right? Did you get to meet him? He is such a cool bloke, I first met him when I met Mark Hamill, and I chatted to Joe for quite a while. Since then he has done some DHC comics which were great.

Right, I'll pm you my moby when I get free ;) I think on the Sat I will be meeting Jase at his station so I may not get in early tbh, and I will have to go to the FFUK: London table first to report in. But if I am still somehow there before you, I'll do my best to get you a ticket. I haven't checked the collectormania boards for a short while, not sure if Carrie will be one of the guests who do talks. As for more cons, I think she'll do more book signings if she writes more, the NYC FF met her last year I think it was and it was a lot quieter than I would have expected from what they told me. This time it'll be chaos lol tho.

Don't worry, we'll get Newcastle sorted, keep an eye out for dates, I'll pm you if you want when these lot decide. Hopefully I will be able to come too then.

22. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Nige - will pm you my mob - keep in touch and see you there at LFCC!

23. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    hi all
    i agree i don't think carrie will do a talk (bad enough for a tv company to get an interveiw lol) the virtual ticket is for the signing only
    i'll send you mine in a couple of days time
    i'll be at lfcc all day (nothing better to do while waiting for the plane home) we'll hook up at some point during the day
    yes its the 'epic' poster by joe wish i did meet him (hope sm get him for lfcc)
    the sm forum is down due to virus problems (check your computer)
    bye all
    nigel

24. jedimasterhughsy

jedimasterhughsy Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2006
    how about a trip to travelling man, forbidden planet, and hopefully the newcastle wrestling store :D

25. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    hi all
    here is a date for the newcastle meet up
    JUNE 10th (2 weeks away)
    in addition to travelling man, FP, newcastle wrestling store there is also a newcastle comic and card fair on that date too
    i need to go into newcastle on that date might as well, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone
    let me know
    nlindenj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.