main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Newcastle Xmas Curry Meet, Friday 1st December

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Spike2002, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    After browsing through some other regions and seeing their Xmas plans, I thought that we in the North should obviously do the same as our FFUK brethren and meet up for an Xmas dinner somewhere.

I'd probably say that it would most likely be a weekend meetup, although I am not averse to a weeknight evening meetup and going to a restaurant somewhere for Xmas dinner (I'll keep an eye out for vegetarian-catering restaurants of course for our resident veggies), but obviously it's all up to you guys, and when you'll be free.

This idea is open to all FFUK: Northerners, but I'm not expecting everyone from FFUK: NW to travel up to the North East just to have dinner. All are welcome, though :D

Unfortunately, I can't make the 25th of December, so if you decide on that date you'll just have to go without me :p

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Dude have you forgot about the Christmas meet the NW was planing? :p

3. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    :oops:

Oh yeah.

Sorry, dude. This week I have been drowning in assignments that have been thrown at me, dissertation proposals and the like coming at me left, right and centre. I've been having dreams about doing work, it's scary.

Well, if none of the North Easterners can make the NW meet, then we can use this one as a substitute.

4. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    I know the feeling Sie :p but it's all good :)

5. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    For those who can't make the NW Xmas meet, how about having our NE Xmas Dinner and first Curry meet on the same night (as it was suggested that the first NE curry meet is in Dec)?

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Xmas curry night...hmmm, there's a nice idea [face_thinking]

7. Grand_General_Heath

Grand_General_Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    Yes I was thinkiing that too Why have a Curry meet up and then have a Christmas Diner night out :oops:
    Lets have it with our Curry meet up then ! [face_sick]

8. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, we have no definite date for a curry night meetup. Just a suggestion we start in December. But, it's the festive season, and if anyone wanted to have a traditional Xmas dinner, with no curry in sight, this was their chance to say so.

9. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Would everyone stop talking about Christmas dinners and currys, im starving.lol=P~ :_|

It sounds fun having a curry for Christmas, most likely everyone will be having a proper dinner on Christmas day so its not taking anything away from the festive tradition, anyway we need warmed up on these cold, Northern,winter nights(even though i dont like hot currys:p, im a Korma man) :)

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    You do make a very good point, Disciple. We'll all be eating Crimbo dinner on the day itself, so a nice curry to keep us warm on these cold winter nights does sound very tempting. I seem to be hearing a lot in favour of a Christmas Curry Night, how does everyone else who ain't posted in here feel about it? Yes/No/You're plotting my death for daring to want to eat curry over Xmas season...?

11. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    why don't kill a few birds with one stone, do the curry thing for dinner and then the cinema thing after and then drinks in the evening?

12. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    It's all sounding good. There's an Indian restaurant in The Gate in Newcastle called Spice Cube, which was nice the last time I was there. The Gate also has an Empire cinema (appropriate!) and then drinks and whatever afterwards...

http://www.thespicecube.co.uk

http://www.thegatenewcastle.co.uk

13. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    =D= at Suzi - nice idea - Im up for that one!

14. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I try my best ;)

So, I'll start the list then!

1. Suzijedi

15. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    We are mad about lists arent we...but there must be some satisfaction with making a list or Santa wouldnt do it every year?

1. Suzijedi
    2. edgejedi88

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Whoa. Hold on a second, guys :p Perhaps we should set a date first, so we know everyone can make it :p

17. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    wasnt it 25th Dec? lol :oops:

18. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    As longs its not the 9th,16th,17th,24th,25th December.lol, lots going on for me e.g. Birthdays, Iron Maiden :)

But any other day would totally rock!!!! I love the Gate there?s a cinema, restaurants, great parking and bars (even though i can't drink yet.lol[face_whistling] ). Plus its right next to Forbidden Planet and Travelling man the best shops in the Toon!:D

1. Suzijedi
    2. edgejedi88
    3.DISCIPLE-OF-TYTHON

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, that counts out two Saturdays from the list. Would everyone prefer Saturdays, or can anyone make weekdays? Wednesday nights, for example, have been popular amongst Middlesbrough mini-meeters in the recent year.

20. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    I dont mind but you have to remember the towns packed on the weekend, however the weekend may be easier for people to meet up so im easy any time really :)

21. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    A Fri or Sat would be good (no work the next day) but I'm aware others may work weekends....
    I'll go with the majority though.
    I'm free any day except the 7th.

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, if everyone could post days when they know they're busy, it'll be easier to reach a consensus on when we can go. The Newcastle Location seems a good choice too :D

23. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    bl00dy hospital they have cancelled julie's op to 6th of december:mad: so christmas could be spoilt anyway how about dec 2nd? its a saturday, close, but not too close to affect family stuff at christmas

24. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    The 2nd December is fine for me:)

25. Grand_General_Heath

Grand_General_Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    AAAHH Christmas a joyfull time of Prezzies (the afterwards Paying for it ! and Loads of Turkey sandwiches :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.