main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Newport Star Wars event April 16th

Discussion in 'FF:UK - Wales' started by Sakara, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    yep from what i remember itl be Cardiff.the same as it was last time in cardiff.in the hotel again i believe.

hopefully ill have a new costume by then..fingers crossed.if not may do me jedi!!

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Would be cool to see the Welsh posters (*looks at the "get all the welsh people rounded up in one place so we can count them" thread*) at these meets, I know they aren't as big meets as some places (LFCC for instance), but hey, make do with what you have got, and it's an excuse to meet fellow fans. Depending upon my jobseeking situation, I'll make as many as I can. Shame they do them on Sunday though, its hard to get home via public transport that day.

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Dude, get a car!

Then you can go to as many meets as you want.

I got to be careful how many of these meets I go to though, as I tend to spend stupid amounts of money if i'm left to my own devices.

It will be interesting to see how one of these meets stacks up in the repitition stakes. I mean after you see David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch once, would you really be that interested in seeing them again?

Maybe? I don't know.

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Dude! For the Manchester meet I didn't actually go up to anyone's signing desk (then again Ray Park came to ours, and I saw him to a talk lol), I went to meet the FF-UK people going :p Same at Collectormania 9. I go to see the people I chat to on here more than anything else, meet the stars is great when it happens though ;)

5. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Agreed, the lure of meeting possible fellow FFUKers is much more appealing than any other aspect of a possible meet.

I just wish that I could get more Welshies to go, thats all. But it's not all bad, I did get to meet and talk to Sakara at our last meet, so I guess that counts as a fan force sanctioned meeting. :)

Will have to try really hard for the Cardiff one. Try and get some people together. Every meeting i've had with other Welsh posters has just been between 2 people. Got to get that number up! Lets face it, it couldn't really go down.

6. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I havnt been to any Wales meets.

[/antisocial]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.