main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA News and reviews on Toys and Collectibles!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Personally, I think it's shady that they pulled out this other mini-game from out of nowhere shortly after the launch of the other one. What if someone would have preferred to be playing this one instead of the other, but bought the other thinking there wouldn't be anything else like it...?

Also, it seems odd they would market two similar items at almost the same time.

Dodgy,
    Yours Truly

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    You've pretty much summed up the collectors complaint.

Many guys are saying they will only continue to get the minis and not the attacktix.

Here's an update as well as to the figs in the Attacktix set:

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89284

Attacktix; What To Expect

From the looks of it, this modest little game is set to pack quite a punch. According to our sources, the initial wave will consist of 34 basic Attacktix figures, and 2 Deluxe Attacktix. Between randomly packed booster sets and blind packaged 'secret' figures, chasing down a complete collection could prove a costly challenge. Still for those whose interest has been peaked, here's a list of the figures you can expect to find:

Booster Packs (Random)
    #01 Battle Droid
    #02 Super Battle Droid
    #03 Wookiee Warrior
    #04 Clone Trooper
    #05 Clone Trooper (B)
    #06 Padmé
    #07 Plo Koon
    #08 Bail Organa
    #09 Wookiee Commando
    #10 V-Wing Pilot
    #11 Count Dooku
    #12 Clone Captain
    #13 Grievous Bodyguard
    #14 Neimodian Warrior
    #15 BARC Trooper
    #16 Darth Vader
    #17 Emperor Palpatine
    #18 Ki Adi Mundi
    #19 Mace Windu
    #20 Shaak Ti
    #21 Clone Commander
    #22 Chewbacca
    #23 Agen Kolar
    #24 Emperor w/ Possession Power
    #25 Nute Gunray
    #26 Anakin Skywalker Hero - Blaster
    #27 Obi Wan Kenobi - Projectile
    #28 General Grievous - Projectile
    #29 Captain Tarfull
    #30 Yoda

Starter Sets (Random w/ Seceret Figure)
    #01 Battle Droid
    #02 Super Battle Droid
    #03 Wookiee Warrior
    #04 Clone Trooper
    #05 Clone Trooper (B)
    #31 Obi Wan Kenobi-Lightsaber
    #32 Anakin Skywalker-Ligthsaber
    #33 Wookiee Commando
    #34 BARC Trooper

Deluxe Figures (Window Pack)
    Deluxe Boga
    Deluxe AT-RT

As always, details and information are subject to change.
    [End copy/paste]

Yikes with it being so blind a draw, I know I'm not pay retail for these now. At lease with the minis you knew you would get 4 common, 2 uncommon and 1 rare OR very rare per booster.

Meh, I'll wait for very low eBay prices on these before I collect them.

3. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    A friend of mine on a collecting site I moderate for wrote this, but I though it nny enough to repost here.

It's with regards to what certain Star Wars characters would do at a Midnight Madness toys release:
    [Start copy/paste]

How are favorite characters would conduct themselves if they were collectors at Midnite Madness:

Luke Skywalker would try and use the Force to move quickly through the crowd and give everyone equal distributions, making sure the kids got stuff first, and he'd do it with a smile on his face. A Jedi mind trick or two would slow down the more agressive collectors.

Princess Leia would organize a committee of the collectors in line before the store would open, and take volunteers to each be responsible for one character and making sure everyone got them - and she'd coordinate this with TRU management to let these volunteers in early, so they can count stock and divide it accordingly to the crowd assembled. Entry time for Midnite Madness at Princess Leia's store: 12:35 am when all this is organized.

Chewbacca would tear through the store tossing collectors out of his way and grab everything. He'd then hold the crowd at gunpoint, and distribute everything fairly, but rifle butt anyone that got smart with him. Quickest distribution to everyone.

Darth Vader would secure the Toys R Us with squad of stormtroopers and take everything he wanted, with orders to shoot anyone else entering the building. The employees would be seen through the glass doors, on their knees, hands on their heads, surrounded by troops in white armor. Once in a while, Vader would order "YOU! GET ME MORE OF THESE OUT OF THE STOCK ROOM! DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME AGAIN!" When Vader was through, the rest of the crowd could come rushing in only to find he'd left only Bail Organa and Mon Mothma figures behind him in his wake.

R2D2 would use his electromagnetic overrides to unlock the back door and go in quietly, raid the stockroom, and bring any rare or valuable figures out the backdoor before anyone knew he was ever there.

C-3PO would stand outside and talk about what he was going to buy. At approximately 1:30 am he'll look around and notice that no one was listening to him, and everyone had already gone into the store, bought their figures, and had left already. Threepio will blame people's bad manners on why he didn't get any figures.

Han Solo would have paid off the truck driver to make an unscheduled stop before ever arriving at his delivery point. At some abandoned warehouse Han would make a deal or a trade to get his figures fresh off the truck. Then he'd reseal everything to make it look like none of the cases were tampered with, and he'd part ways with the driver and never have to go to Midnite Madness in the first place. In fact, if Han did, he'd be selling his extra figures to the people waiting in line before the store opened - for a considerable mark-up of course.

Obi-Wan Kenobi would use a Jedi Mind Trick on the whole crowd. "You do not need these material possessions. Your life would be happier and richer without them. You should go home and rethink your life. These are not the action figures you are looking for." He would also not buy anything.

General Grievous would use 4 lightsabers and kill everyone waiting in line. He'd then blast through the doors early, and take what he wanted, killing any of the employees who complained.

Boba Fett would use concussion grenades to stop the delivery trucks. He'd then board them and take the figure assortment cases he wanted, leaving the driver with no appologies when the truck finally showed up at Toys R Us with an empty hold.

Jabba The Hutt would buy out the entire Toys R Us chain, and then open the store early, but charge $20 a figure. If Wal-Mart dared undersell him, he'd buy them out too - or hire some swoop gangs to ransack their store and steal their merchandise if only so Jabba could sell those toys back to us through Toys R Us as well.

Wicket the Ewok would jump the line and summersault into the store and begin sniffing all the fresh new acti

4. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    The Attacktix remind me of the Herocix game. I'll still collect/ play it it looks neat. I'll buy the stuff from Jim he'll have them the cheapest.

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'll agree, Attacktix was timed only for the movies release and too soon after the WotC game. But, looking at the figs, they're obviously geared for a younger audience. And who doesn't like toys that shoot stuff? My favorite so far has been the B*tch Slap Chewie.

And as for Grevious and thr TRU scenario, I think he'd just kill all the employees whether they complained or not. ;)

IG-88 would upload his consciousness into the register system to prevent anyone from checking out until he got what he wanted...and then crash the system.

Anakin would use "aggressive negotiations" to get every Padme figure he could.

Sidious would already be manager of his local TRU and would have most of the employees in the his pocket. The rest of the employees would be tricked into turning on the customers, starting a prolonged battle. Sidious strolls past and gets first pick. The next day, the Asst Mgr has twins...
    Just in time for the SW 40th Anniv Midnight Madness sale, the Asst Mgr's son shows up and has a heart-to-heart with his dad. Dad makes sure Sidious "slips" in a hazardous work area that should really have protective railing around it.

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Click the link to see three different calendars Portraying our favorite Darth and the Saga:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050203.html

Here's the text from the article:
    [Start Copy/Paste]

This summer, Cedco Publishing has two new calendars for fans of Revenge of the Sith and its featured man in black, Darth Vader. Fans will get to start marking the days this July and keep the adventure going all the way through 2006 with these stunning new 18-month calendars.

The Revenge of the Sith Calendar showcases all the action and scope of Episode III by visually telling the story with lavish layouts and shots taken straight from the film. A full year and a half of Sith imagery ends with the portrait of an original trilogy character--can you guess who?

The Darth Vader Calendar is also superbly designed, with 18 vertical spreads of all new photography inset with imagery pulled from the entire Star Wars saga. All fans will agree that Vader never looked so good as a calendar boy!

A third calendar is also being readied for fans of Star Wars poster art. The 2006 Star Wars Poster Calendar represents a milestone of sorts--it will be the first calendar to showcase every film in the saga through its poster imagery.

Twelve saga posters will be featured prominently on large sheets with a narrow calendar band along the right edge, giving each monthly composition a decidedly sophisticated look. With several other famous Star Wars poster insets scattered throughout, even casual fans will appreciate the artwork that has graced saga posters over the years.

[End Copy/Paste]

Very cool. I like the middle one the best, from the pics on the offical website.

-Sal

7. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Ok so I found all 4 of the preview figs myself today.
    OK here are my thoughts on them:

Wookie Warrior: COOL! I love this fig it looks cool with all the detail and doesn't need repaited IMHO he's cool as is as for the comments about the accecries that come w/ him 2 words WOOKIE ARMOR! Now it's not as extravagant as the wookie armor on Galaxies but still cool none the less.

General Grievious: The coolest looking villian since Darth Maul. Vader has always been cool looking but plain Grievios has a great look almost like a living skeleton made of metal! I can't wait to seee him in action!

Tion Medon: This guy really looks like something out of the old horor flicks! The jagged teeth and lined gray skin really remind me of Dracula.

R4-G9: Nothing too extravagent about this figure. I like the paint color on him other than that he's no different than any othe droid they have put out.

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    This is a repost from starwarscards.net.
    The author is very informative about the upcoming set. Here is their post:

I'm sure by now, everyone has seen the sell sheets and other promotional materials showing images of the ROTS card packaging, including Retail Tins and Blister Packs. Finally, some detailed information about these to help you plan out your purchases.

RETAIL TINS

There will be 6 different retail tins. All will feature images of Vader/Anakin. These tins are all smaller in size than the tins from Episode Two. (Think in terms of the sizes of those YuGiOh tins you sometimes see at the retail stores). Each tin will contain 3 packs of retail cards and 2 exclusive cards. There are a total of 12 cards exclusive to the tins. 6 cards that show the same image as the lid of the tin (the printers have been instructed to put the same card image in with the same tin) and a second set of 6 exclusive cards that are essentially 6 additional story cards, expanding upon the regular story cards from the set. The 6th card from this subset is essentially a summary card for the full film. The exclusive cards for the tins are all regular sized cards (no oversized cards for this set) and Topps has worked hard to ensure collation will work out for those who want to buy only the 6 tins. Better still, tins are priced at only $9.99. Essentially the same price you would pay for 3 packs of cards, but you are getting the 3 packs plus 2 exclusive cards, and the tin.

If you are looking to collect the retail cards, buying them in the tins might be a more cost effective method than buying by the pack. I'm personally considering buying the tins, and then one box of retail cards, just because the retail have such cool chase cards in them this time around.

BLISTER PACKS

In the past year, a lot of stores have been carrying YuGiOh and other CCG style cards on blister packs. Wizards of the Coast card packs are often sold in this way. Topps is joining the list of companies making their cards available to retailers on a blister pack, but adding some fun for collectors as well. Each Topps ROTS blister pack will contain 2 retail packs of cards and one exlusive card. There are 3 blister pack exclusive cards, each showing a montage for a different character (Grievous, Yoda, Clone Trooper). Blister packs are priced at only $3.99, so you are getting the bonus card at no extra cost. With only 3 blister pack exclusive cards to collect, these should be easy for most collectors to find, even if their local area stores don't choose to carry the ROTS cards.

All ROTS products are scheduled to reach store shelves on April 2, 2005. You can ensure your store will carry the products by asking about them in advance. Companies like Walmart, Target, and TRU all purchase quantities of the retail cards, tins, and blister packs, but individual stores determine whether they will stock the product on their shelves. I know several stores in my area who have blister packs of other cards, and I intend to ask about whether they will have the Star Wars, since I'm eager to get the 3 exclusive cards.

WRAPPERS

Okay wrapper fanatics, don't be disappointed, but there is a single 'style' of wrapper. A Vader image. This doesn't mean there won't be the usual retail, hobby, blister pack, tin, UK, etc. variations in terms of exact wording, pricing, etc. listed on the wrappers. But there will not be multiple characters or styles of wrappers for ROTS.

SKETCH CARDS

There will be a total of 41 sketch card artists. Once again, Topps has worked hard to ensure there will be one sketch per Hobby box. Topps has 41 artists, each making a different number of cards based on their ability and time available to work on the card set. The 41 artists were selected in part to provide as wide a range of artistic styles as possible, so fans will again see a variety of styles in sketch cards. Artists were limited in the list of characters they could draw for the ROTS cards, focusing on the characters from this film (rather than all of the films as you had with the Heritage sets

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, the foil cards from the last set could be found on Ebay for around $10 a set (6). So those aren't so bad. IIRC, I got 4 out of 6 in my box. Still was cheaper to get a whole set than the 2 i needed (go figure!)
    The sketch cards, depending on artist and subject, I have seen go for $10-$100+. I just buy 1 box and be happy with my one sketch card :)

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Here is a huge amount of new stuff coming out soon. Some is ROTS while others are from the OT. Too much to review, so I'm just posting the links a sentence of so to let you know what the link is about.

On with it then...

From Rebelscum.com we have the folowing articles:

M&Ms Collector Packaging
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89424
    Just as it implies, there are some pics of the coming package designs for M&M's for the promotion of ROTS. 5 pics in article

Cereal Box Collectors Eat Well
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89429
    Frosted Mini Wheats SW box art, with special DVD offer. Pic in article

Darth Maul Lives!
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89434
    Possibly a Prototype Holographic Darth Maul has surfaced. Pic in article as well as link to eBay auction.

Revenge of the Sith figure: Polis Massan
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89442
    Pics of this so far Mysterious character. He is believed to be Padme's Medic aboard the Tantive IV, in ROTS. Pic and link to more pics in article.

Republic Commando Goes Gold
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89444
    Pre-order this game and get an exclusive Thermal Detonator Stress ball. How cool is that! Link to ordering info as well as pic of exclusive.

Bonus DVD With Lightsaber
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89451
    Lightsabers on sale April 2nd will feature an exclusive DVD chock full of cool SW stuff. (Some have leaked out to the general populace. Pics in article.

New Titanium Ships
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89455
    This popular series continues with two more ships. The Republic Gunship and the Y-wing.

Vader's Medical Droid Reveals More Sith
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89422
    Pics of this droid in ROTS. Also, the back of the card reveals yet more characters in ROTS.

From LEGO we have the following:
    The Emperor has arrived!
    http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7264
    A revised LEGO set of the Imperial Shuttle, with a new Emperor fig and plenty of other minifigs.

From the Official Site www.starwars.com we have some cool new stuff:
    Take Darth Vader to School
    http://www.starwars.com/kids/explore/collecting/news20050209.html
    Carry your books in various styles of Darth Vader backpacks featuring the Dark Lord of the Sith surrounded in flames, new from Accessory Network. Do your homework in style with pens, pencils, pencil cases, notepads, folders, rulers and erasers featuring your favorite Episode III characters like Darth Vader, Yoda, C-3PO, R2-D2, General Grievous, and Chewbacca as well as original trilogy characters Han Solo and Boba Fett, all from Accessory Network. Be sure to look for the amazing light-up pen featuring a menacing Darth Vader image from Revenge of the Sith.
    All homework and no food make for hungry Padawans. So don't forget to pack a healthy lunch in an assortment of new lunch carriers from Thermos®. Eat your sandwiches with Jedi Master Yoda or munch on celery sticks with Darth Vader.
    All products are scheduled to be released in a store near you this April.
    Link to products shots in article.

Star Wars Tees
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050209.html
    Very cool shirts. Click the link from this link to check them out.

Get Your Bookshelf Ready for Episode III Books
    http://www.starwars.com/kids/explore/episode-iii/f20050209/index.html
    http://www.starwars.com/kids/explore/episode-iii/f20050209/indexp2.html
    http://www.starwars.com/kids/explore/episode-iii/f20050209/indexp3.html
    Lots of neat books to collect and read. Many pics of the products, go check them out!

Whew! That's ALOT of stuff.

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Bliss Out Star Wars Style With Idea Nuova.
    Go here to view the pics of the merchandise:
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050211.html

Here's teh text from the article:

February 11, 2005

Ever wonder how Star Wars would have been merchandised if it had been released in 1967 rather than 1977? Well wonder no more, because Idea Nuova is giving fans a taste of Star Wars psychedelica with beaded curtains, lava lamps, bean bags, and more!

For their new Revenge of the Sith line, Idea Nuova has plenty to offer fans looking to deck out their pads with some far out Star Wars flair. Motion lamps, glitter night lights, butterfly chairs, and bamboo-style curtains are just the beginning of this ultra-hip line of décor.

Defined by fiery reds and oranges, much of the line is themed out on Vader, making buddy pillows, mini lockers, and slumber sacks more like decorator pieces than household wares. There's even a collapsible hamper that looks more like pop art than a bedroom necessity.

Get into the Star Wars groove this April with these great home furnishing essentials from Idea Nuova!

End Copy/Paste

Excellent!
    I'll be getting most of this stuff if not all of it. Beaded curtains! Bamboo curtains! That collapsible clothes hamper is cool too. Though I'd probably use it as a luminari...

-Sal

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Pre-Order Republic Commando and Get Free Gift!

Special Offer ! Blow-off steam or take out your enemies with the exclusive Thermal Detonator stress ball (pic at link)- yours with your paid pre-order of Star Wars Republic Commando ? from LucasArts.com . This fully detailed squeezie measures 2-1/2" in diameter. Offer also includes FREE standard shipping*!

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The following was copied from a SW collecting site (though a smidge of editing in the post was done for continuity-pertaining to the release of LEGO sets):

LEGO 2005 Press release.

Lego give details in their press release of the their range ready for the release of Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith....

Their press release states:
    Another big year for the Star WarsTM film franchise means another smashing debut of new products from the LEGO Group! In 1998, Star Wars became the very first licensed product line in LEGO Group history, and to date, also is one of the most successful lines in terms of both sales and appeal. Star Wars is the best-selling licensed property in the company?s history.

Last year?s re-launch of the iconic LEGO® Millennium Falcon? to support the release of the Trilogy on DVD was the second best-selling item in the entire company portfolio for the year. Similarly, the X-Wing Fighter? and Rebel Snowspeeder? made the top 10 list.

This year, two February teaser items and nine early-spring items round out the 11-item assortment that includes LEGO versions of vehicles and scenes primarily from Episode III, hitting theatres in May. Additionally, a new low-tech light-up functionality has been added to select minifigure character?s lightsabers to further enhance role play ability and collectibility.

The 2005 line-up includes:

Available in February:
    #7256 Jedi StarfighterTM and Vulture DroidTM ? $19.99, Ages 6+
    #7263 TIE FighterTM * - $19.99, Ages 6+

Available in April:
    #7250 Clone Scout WalkerTM - $9.99, Ages 6+
    #7251 Darth VaderTM Transformation - $6.99, Ages 6+
    #7252 Droid Tri-fighterTM -$14.99, Ages 6+
    #7255 General GrievousTM Chase - $19.99, Ages 6+
    #7257 Ultimate LightsaberTM Duel* - $29.99, Ages 6+
    #7258 WookieeTM Attack ? $29.99, Ages 6+
    #7259 ARC-170 Clone FighterTM - $39.99, Ages 6+
    #7260 Wookiee CatamaranTM * - $49.99, Ages 6+
    #7261 Clone Turbo TankTM * - $89.99, Ages 6+

*Features new minifigure with light-up lightsabers! Push down on the figure?s head to activate the light.

As the year progresses and the movie premiere nears, the LEGO Group will reveal several exciting activities and promotions to mark this memorable year for the Star Wars franchise.
    Star Wars? products are available at most toy and discount merchandise retailers, as well as on LEGO.com

[End Copy/Paste]

Now with that said, I'm looking forward to most of these sets, but due to the high price of several will wait for some to clearance before buying. I already have Anakin's Jedi Starfighter and the "New" TIE fighter set. I'm looking forward to buy the rest with the most anticipation for the following sets

#7250 Clone Scout WalkerTM - $9.99, Ages 6+
    #7255 General GrievousTM Chase - $19.99, Ages 6+
    #7258 WookieeTM Attack ? $29.99, Ages 6+
    #7259 ARC-170 Clone FighterTM - $39.99, Ages 6+
    #7260 Wookiee CatamaranTM * - $49.99, Ages 6+
    #7261 Clone Turbo TankTM * - $89.99, Ages 6+

I'll probably buy the ARC-170 right away, but wait for the Catamaran and Turbo Tank to come down in price. (Though I've seen product shots of the Turbo tank and it looks pretty impressive.) Funny, just yesterday I was looking at some shots and finally realized that it's a wheeled version of the AT-AT. When combined with the new Walking AT-TE's we'll see in ROTS, they completely make an AT-AT. Funny I hadn't seen this before...My eyes must be deceiving me. Should I trust them...?

Anyway, here's a review of the two LEGO sets out there already:

#7256 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid:
    A nice littel set, if a bit overpriced. (I'd have said maybe $5 less.) The Vulture droid is virtually the same as the walking starfighter droids we saw way back in TPM. Now they are powder blue in color. Don't really liek that color choice, but since it comes in this set, don'thave much of a choice. Anakin's ship however is something different. It's hard to see this as a SW ship so far, but I imagine I'll feel better about it once I've seen it on screen. The construction of this set is very easy to fol

14. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    That "turbo tank" has been around for some time in the EU, which is why I will always call it a Juggernaut ;)
    PIC

IIRC, first appearance as such was in the West End RPG Imperial Sourcebook and the sketches were from Empire. It's been in several comics, most recently a few months back in SW:Empire.

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, I hear ya Dex. Same goes for me. I have the WEG book with the Juggernaut in it. I'm glad Lucas is finally allowing a wheeled vehile into his saga and this is a great choice.

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20050218.html

from this link you can view a dozen preview pics of the Star Wars display for Toy Fair 2005.

AWESOME!!!

Yes! We are getting a figure scaled ARC-170 starfighter. This is the new Clone fighter that's reminiscent of the x-wing but with 6 wings instead of two.

Also, we are getting Obi's new Jedi Starfighter. It was a given but not mention had been officially made before this point.

Take note of the Hot (pun intended) Mustafar playset. If you don't already know, Mustafar is the planet the scene of the great lightsaber battle between Anakin and Obi-wan.

There wilat least two "Deluxe" sets. One of Ani vs. Dooku and the other of Obi vs. Greivous bodyguard (which we now known are called "Magna Droids."

Several different blasters (I saw these a few days ago-very cool): Greivous blaster, Clone trooper blaster, and even Chewie's bowcaster!

Better product shots of the games:
    (All ROTS versions)
    RISK
    Trivial Pursuit
    Monopoly
    Chess

Also looks like a card game and at least one puzzle!

Most excellent!

If you haven't already clicked on teh link, what the heck are you waiting for? Go see!

-Sal

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    So you want a Darth Vader Gumball machine?
    Here's the link if so:

http://store.yahoo.com/wickedcoolstuff/stwadavaguma.html

Here's the link from the official site about this:
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050125.html

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    In addition to the previously seen Vader, we will now be able to hold in our hands R2-D2 and General Grievous as game controllers!

Check them out here:
    http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/news20050228b.html

You can also go here to JAKKS official site to see more as they put it up:
    http://www.jakkstvgames.com/starwars.html

This is very cool. I had planned on buy the Vader one, but it looks like all three are on my "collection" plate.

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Star Wars M&M mailaways!

http://echobaserebels.com/photos/albums/userpics/10026/normal_Mm-Pire.jpg

20. Obi-Klein

Obi-Klein Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2004
    JUST FOUND BRAND NEW EPISODE III FIGURES AT PLEASANT HILLS K-MART!!!!!
    They had the regular 3 3/4 inch figures (all of them from first two basic waves), 3 new unleashed figures, deluxe figures, a vehicles. I wasn't going to stop, but I'm sure glad I did. This is one of those SURPRISES that makes collecting fun!! It looks like K-Mart wasn't too concerned about the April 2nd "mandate". They just saved me a midnight trip!!1
    I found these on 3/11 at 7:00 PM.
    They had about 50 or so assorted basic figures left for $6.99, two each of the Obi and Anakin Unleashed, and one Grevious Unleashed.
    Good Luck!

21. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    They've been spotted all over Rochester, NY too. Although I haven't seen any myself yet....

~Doc_Bev

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    BIG thanks to ObiKlien for the tip. You'll have to come to the meeting to see all that was had. Let's just say my needs for new toys that were supposed to only be available starting April 2nd are done to next to nothing!

This is going to save me a ton in gas and frustration trying to find stuff.

BTW, I want to vouch for ObiKlien. While he doesn't post here much at all, he assures me that if he had the time he would, but due to the nature of his work he can't. I've met and run into him several times out by me and he's always nice.

Chris (Greencat), after the meeting is done, I'll send you a PM of the list of things I got, if you want to put them in the minutes. (Your choice)

-Sal

23. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    An odd little thing that I picked up at Toys R Us is a Darth Vader water sprikler (the kind you hook up to a hose and kids run through on summer days). Vader is holding a red lightsaber and standing the top half of the Death Star. The water comes out of the Death Star. Its a bit weird, I think. I got one for me and one for the kids :D

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    They have these at Target too, as well as a SW "Slip N Slide."

25. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    From the Hasbro site

You?re in the middle of a galactic crisis. Who you gonna call? Yoda, of course?

Call Upon Yoda! Interactive Storytelling Master

The wisest, most powerful Jedi in the galaxy has taught students for over 800 years? now it?s your turn to learn at the feet of the master. This incredibly detailed Yoda figure ?comes to life? when you press his hand. Standing an amazing 12? tall, this fully animated figure features moving mouth and ears, opening eyelids, and says more than 500 phrases!

Activities Include:

STORYTELLING
    Yoda tells stories from all 6 Star Wars movies.
    Squeeze his hands to select a story!
    TRIVIA
    Yoda tests your knowledge of Star Wars.
    Yoda asks YOU the questions; squeeze his left hand to select an answer!
    WISDOM
    Yoda answers your ?yes? and ?no? questions.
    Ask Yoda ?yes? or ?no? questions and squeeze either hand for his response!
    Remember, the Force is always in motion. Answers may not always be what you seek, but instead what you need. May the Force be with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.