main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Next FFE meet?

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by moosemousse, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I guess that'll be the next (inofficial?) EFFM like CE 2007. ;) :)

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I though CE was official. [face_thinking]
    Oh well. :p

3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Maybe inofficial official? :confused: :p

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I thought CE was an official meet as well.

And it's 'unofficial', according to my spelling checker.

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Of course, the German language hit again. :p

6. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    There'll be a lot of that on the Jedi-Con, so better when people get used to it already.:p
    Sent out the final letter for our FF-Table request and am hoping for a positive answer now.[face_praying]

7. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I've got the ticked. :D Just plane now.

8. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, we'll have a GSFF table at the Jedi Con, so there'll be a place for all of s to meet. No matter how official.;)

9. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, not only do we have a table now, i also have a double room reserved. I am still alone in it, though. So if you can spare 120? for the hotel (for both nights, in the Maritim) come on and move in.[face_batting]
    (It's the place where the Wookie Cookies will be stored.[face_shhh] =P~ [face_shhh] )

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Hey. I still need to sort out my accomodation, I've been busy lately and nearly forgot about all that. I'll have a look and let you know then. 120 sounds a bit much though. Is that the hotel near the airport?

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    It's the Maritim hotel in which the Con is held. And they didn't have any more of the cheaper rooms, though I don't think 10? give or take are much of a difference....
    And I like being able to drop right from the Con into my bed without having to worry how I get there.

though, depending on what transpires, that might happen, even when I have a room in the very same house.;)

12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    That is true, lol. Being very close to the con itself may have its merits. I remember the Celebration Europe, I regreted staying near King's Cross (even thought the place was nice) that closer to the CE itself, like Ibis Novotel.

I'll calculate my budget for the Jedi.con and all and then let you know. :) I'll probably be booking everything this weekend.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, there's another big merit: You don't have any other travel costs. So it might be almost similar to the other hotels (hotel costs + travel costs). ;)

I envy you already to fall in bed directly. *thinks about the route we have to drive back home* But honestly, it doesn't matter. I'm so happy that I can go to the Jedi-Con, I think I wouldn't even mind if I have to drive to the moon and back every day. :p :D

14. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Oh, I will have some additional traveling. I think I will fly to Köln in the end. Tickets plus the bus to Düsseldorf will come out cheaper than to fly to D-dorf directly, from London.

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    So, will we try to get a FFE Meeting together for the Con? It's approaching fast...

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Are you thinking of an EFFM after or before the Jedi-Con or is it having dinner together during the weekend? :)

I would love to have dinner together. :)

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I was thinking about dinner or such. Depending how much and what of the program we want to see.

Mabye Saturday after the Show? Though I don't know how long it will go and who wills till be awakew enough afterwards.;)

18. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    you don't seem to be :p

still pondering where we might have said proposed dinner [face_worried] Knowing how many we are might help, though. There is an awesome Italian by the harbour, but it's kinda smallish [face_frustrated] If we're like 15 people, I'll have to think about it - and possibly make reservations (though precious little D'dorf is rarely that overrun, so they won't have to be made way in advance). That, or hope enough people are away on Easter holidays :p Though I think there may be a wine convention in town, too o_O
    Hey, we may be pretty, but we're not London :p

19. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    There will be just one minor problem, I fear... Since it will be Eastern some restaurants maybe closed... Espically Catholic-oriented one.

20. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    So let's have Döner.:p

I'd like the restaurant to be easily accessible from the hote. It looks as if it was somewhere far out and I'd have to get back there.[face_worried]

:p Senny.

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well I think it would be nice to be in town rather than out at the airport.

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I'd need a ride there and back, or a parking space in the town then...

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Mel, I think, it won't be a big problem to find your way back to the hotel, because you can use trains to get there. And I don't think that we'll take a restaurant that far away that we have to use maps from all around Düsseldorf. :p

24. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    besides, Düsseldorf is the most straightforward city I've ever been to. Ask Flo how often I've told him "immer geradeaus" :p

of course we'll have to take a bus/subway/train somewhere - that or go to the McDonald's in Arrivals :p

btw, have I mentioned the Greek right around the corner of the Wartburg??

25. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Is the Greek place Kytaro?

Grafenberger Allee 119
    40237 Düsseldorf, Germany

+49 211 686048

That's all I can find on it. I would be up for going out for a meal, just depends on how Anna is at the time we go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.