main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Next Happening Gathering...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I would not recommend walking down Richmound. Trust me, I've tried it, and from my experience it really doesn't work.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    oh yeah?

Well depends then...I know Prince Alberts is good food..I have tried a few places :)

Like I will not have much money either sadly so I don't want to go to an expensive place :)

3. PaulV

PaulV Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    Hey guys here is my 2 cents for resturants in the downtown. For a cheap but good meal I suggest Williams coffee pub. Really good deli sandwiches. Or for a Kelsey type there is Casey's which is not bad. We could call elphant castle to see if they card before eight. My last idea is at Mexical rosta on richmond or Dundas(i think there is one there)
    Paul

4. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Don't like Mexicali Rosa's...LOVE Williams! Let's do Williams!!!!!!!
    And Leli, you won't get lost this time, you're in a car!

5. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    True. I have all these memories of Robert and I walking all the way downtown from campus to find a nice restaurant and walking for a really, really, really long time.

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    OK, let me show my age...

Is the Imperial still there?

I remember the 1st time I was there, 1979, hanging with a bunch of new friends from UWO and they were discussing the upcoming federal election (The one that Joe Clark lost).

It wasn't a bad place from what I recall, the fact that a bunch of UWO students liked it makes me think it was fairly cheap :)

I'm sure its gone by now though.

7. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Never heard of the Imperial (williams) and leli, at least you got to go to that restaurant, it was gone by the time I ever got over there :( (williams) and I really like williams. Good food, not too expensive, and desserts are yummy.

8. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Really relaxed atmosphere too, good place to hang out for awhile, I've been there for hours at a time just talking.

9. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Ok people, Friday is fast approching! (we are doing this on Friday right) lets get some specifics down.

We have dinner at 7 (place undecided)

and laserquest at 9 (149 Carling Street)
    - Carling Street is one block south of Queens on Richmond

Lets get this location decided. And if you are going to sugest a place find out if it there is an age limit.

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Laserquest at 9? I don't think so. That's when Jake is picking Deb and I up. Better make it quarter after.

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    What's all this talk about dinner at a place that doesn't card? I'm the only one here who isn't 19, and I'm not going to dinner.

12. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I believe that Sylvia is also not 19.

Ok, Laser Quest then moved to 9:30...

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Right you are. Sylvana's the youngest. :p

14. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually just a bit farther down Richmond from TJ's (closer to laserquest).

578 Richmond St.
    Check it out on yahoo.ca maps. I tried to link to it but...not working.

15. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Yeah, I'm under 19, and my friend is too, Curtis ;)

16. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    nothings too far...and you cannot miss Williams :) Right alongside Victoria Park

17. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Important for me if I want to eat... What does Williams serve for food???? Also, what's parking like there, or should I walk the 6 blocks?

18. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    So Williams at 7 and Laserquest at 9:15-9:30? Good?

19. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    are we looking for a place that's walking distance to Laser Quest or one that's a family restaurant that's reasonably priced?

Part of the reason I'm asking this is because I can't eat meat or milk products, so for example, anything with meat or cheese is out of the question for me. Eating somewhere other than downtown probably wouldn't be a problem, as I think there will be more than enough vehicles to carpool to Laser Quest. Kelsey's or a Chinese restaurant or something would be good.... Also remember that there is going to be quite a large number of us, so we probably should make reservations wherever we go.

Peter gave me some suggestions, including a place called Hooks, which is a buffet, but he'd have to check prices. Also a place called McGinnis Landing Restaurant. Someone would have to check prices though.

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Williams has things like smoothies, cheesecakes, milk, cheese :p

They do have omelettes and such...been awhile since I ate real food there...their belgium waffles are excellent :)

21. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    you're mean.... this no milk is a rather recent development, and it's been REALLY hard to cut it out.... Even snack food such as chips and crispy minis have lactose in them.

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    You're lactose intolerant? I thought that was just an extension of your vegetarianism.

Maybe I'll come to dinner after all. I can order a nice, juice steak and cheesecake. ;)

Actually, I have a better idea. I'll just come to lazer tag totally trashed, so y'all will have a chance. ;)

23. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    *sigh* I love cheese.... too much. One of the main reasons I can't have milk now is because I ate almost nothing BUT cheese for a year. It's made eating out go from hard to almost impossible. I'll go over to Williams for lunch tomorrow and see if they have anything I can eat.

24. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    If I ever become lactose intolerant I might as well just put a pistol in my mouth.

25. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Rice "milk" isn't too bad once you get used to it.... but I do miss icecream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.