main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Next meet! 11th October

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLord-Mixo, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    A combined VIC_FF and SWI meeting/social event! Come one and come all.

Where:
    Whitley College
    'The Mervyn Himbury Theological Studies Centre'
    50 The Avenue, Parkville
    (just north of Leonard Street)
    (Mel Ref: Map 43 F1)

Transport:
    Trams stop outside Whitley College at STOP 15 on Route 19 to North Coburg from Flinders Street Station.

Meeting Date - 11th October

Time: 1pm - 5pm

Entry Cost: $5 SWI Members, $7 Non Members & Free for children under 12.

2. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Sounds like a blast, I'll have to turn up for that :)

Once a programme for the day has been decided (early October) I'll let you know what it is in case you're wondering what's on.

Mixo, I'm not sure we've met before so be sure to introduce yourself to me.

3. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I look forward to seeing you in action. Check out my website in my sig. I think we ca njoin forces at some stage :)

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  5. GypsyJedi

GypsyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    I'll be in Sydney, then Geelong that weekend, for my brother's memorial weekend, but you guys have fun and I'll hopefully see you at the next one.

6. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I think I'll be out for that as well unfortunately, quite busy with work right through October.

But be sure to get all the kids along to Uncle Mixo's playpen so they can be well indoctrinated: I expect drinks on the town before the year is through!

7. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    There is always a huge crowd at these events. Especially because of the pullin power of Vader and Dags!

8. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    No Comment! o_O

9. GypsyJedi

GypsyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
  10. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Man have I got a lotta pull!

Remember, I might not look like much but I've got it where it counts! [face_blush]

11. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I should be able to show up. Might not stay for it all, but I'll come have a look. :D

12. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    What sort of stuff will going on there. I think the only I can come is if I bring my two little ones with me. I dont want them to be bored or hurt anything

13. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Hurt??? What exactly are you expecting? :)

Actually children are catered for because we have a dedicated kids programme where they get to colour in SW pics, make paper SW characters and take part in competitions just for them. It's a popular attraction because the parents get to enjoy the rest of the show and the kids have a good time - especially if they like SW.

To give you an idea of what to expect, Skyforce attracts around 60-80 people on average. We have our own kitchen and a dealers room. Aside from the children's programme we also have a main programme which I'll post here in a couple of weeks.

Remember, the event only runs for a few hours in the afternoon so don't look at it as being like the Royal Melbourne Show or anything. Ultimately if you like SW and want to meet a bunch of other SW fans, then this is literally the only place for it.

14. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Sounds like the kiddies would have a blast. Im going to see about going to it, be my first one here except for Armageddeon.

15. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Be looking forward to seeing you.

I'm the easy one to spot as I do the opening announcements and I'm also the auctioneer.

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    By the sounds of it this will be a great meet indeed!

17. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll bring the camera.

18. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    The main programme for the day is

Item 1: Topical discussion. Considering Hollywood these days only creates remakes and sequels, if the OT SW films were remade right now, who would be cast as what character? The rules are - the person must still be alive, they must be the correct age for the character, they must not have been in a SW film before.

Item 2: Auction

Item 3: Since SWI is now 20 years old as of this month, it's time for a history review.

Possible bonus items - Channel V might be making an appearance, Scienceworks might be making an appearance to talk about the Science of SW exhibition next year.

Usual items: Dealers room, door prize (Force Unleashed game), raffle (R2-D2 stamp set framed), children's programme

So there ya have it guys.

19. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    So who is actually going to come along on the 11th?

NO B******* please don't say you'll come if you have no intention of turning up.

The future of the VicFF rests on these meetings and other like them that our lord Mixo is going to arrange for us, so please do your best to come along and make a day of it.

Meeting place......
    When you arrive at the venue, you walk through the gate and around a fountain, off to the left is a lawned area with a small bench seat, as doors don't open to the general public till 1pm, I will be outside on the seat from 12:30......so be sure to come over and say "Howdy" and YES I will have a camera with me this time to record the meeting. :)

20. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I will do my best to show up and stay for a couple of hours. Can't promise anything more than that, sorry; deadlines are very tight this month. :(

21. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Like I said, I really am sorry I won't be able to get along to this. Next meet I hopefully won't be in another state :p

Edit: Uh, also, just being an exmod here, but you really have to star that whole 'S' word out, LV. The B word you don't have to, I'm pretty sure :p

22. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    zomg helpyhelper ;)

23. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    i can't help it! They beat it into me!

24. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    If driving to the venue, there is plenty of parking but don't park on the side of the venue as that is for a limited time only. The other side of the road (the park side) is open season as is around the corner.

For PT people, the tram runs right up Royal Parade and the stop is the nearest one to Leonard St. Then it's simply a one block walk in the direction of the Zoo to get to The Avenue.

All too easy.

25. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    The next one is December 13 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.