main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Night Must Fall - sequel to AoH - ESB-era AU (L/M, H/L, Vader, Yoda, Rogues) - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

Officially on Christmas Break !!! Woot!

Ch 26

You know, people always compare Luke to Anakin, and I always want to scream that he has a mother too. I love the fact that you mentioned he may have more of Padme in him than Vader originally thought.

EEP!! Poor Mara! I would not be looking forward to the end of the trip either.

AWWW!! Melting from the sibling closeness and bonding.

Ch 27

That entire chapter was amazingly perfect!! From the sibling interaction, to Han?s input and friendship, to everyone?s emotions, feelings, and actions. Great work!!

Ch 28

Great scene with Leia and Han?poor Leia! Hopefully she will heal soon.

Oh gosh! Mara! I?m creeped out and scared for her.

Ch 29

Your warnings are scaring me out of my mind?yet I can?t turn away.

*Sniffles* As much as I don?t like seeing Mara hurt?it was a brilliant chapter. P.S?.Palpatine is a sick bad word.

Epilogue

Luke?s pain is so heart wrenching.

I?m going to jinx this but?I have a bad feeling about this.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Even though it is sad and hard and a million other things, it just shows what an amazing writer you are! Great work with this story. I?m looking forward to the next part of the trilogy!

P.S. Love the cover for the next part.

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Brave TENT, right this way!

Oh Nanci... well done.

REMOVE ME FROM THAT LIST AND I'LL ... I'LL ... DO SOMETHING YOU WON'T LIKE! ...

I mean, pretty please keep my on the list?!!

3. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Please keep me on your list for the next installment.

This is getting edge of the seat crazy. I loved the picture Iverna did; somehow, Mara doesn't look too happy there, so I am thinking there might be some hope yet. Still, it's going to be a long haul, especially since this was discovered by the council. They will not be pleased to have anyone looking for Mara since they will be convinced she's the enemy now.

Vader's long term reaction to all of this should be interesting, but that, too, won't be an easy path.

4. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Oh - and silly me completely forgot to say that of course I want to be on the PM list!

And Iverna - LOVED your drawing! - not to speak of the new cover! Awesome job!!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

5. anakin_sal-solo

anakin_sal-solo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 2, 2011
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS IT APRIL ALREADY????????????????

PLZ KEEP ME ON THE PM LIST SO I CAN FIND OUT JUST HOW DEEP THIS FECAL MATTER THAT OUR HEROES R IN IS.......................................................................

6. LordRaptor82

LordRaptor82 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2011
    Excellent Writing I look forward to the conclusion

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I should be writing the scenes from Part 3 that I lost, but I'm writing comments instead. *ducks from angry mob, points them in the direction of my latest vignette)

ginchy: Poor girl. I'm gonna buy you a hat for Christmas.

Now just who WHO can save them????

Hmmm...that is a very good question.

But in reality I hope that they can save theirselves... with a little nudge in the right direction from our favorite farmboy....

That's a distinct possibility.

And what do I spy on the cover to WOTF.... dare I hope???????

Iverna's art and covers are amazing. What is it that you think you see? ;)

volk eu: Well, it's mean to be terrible, so I'll take that as a compliment. ;) I thought it would be interesting to see how Luke would deal with a betrayal (sort of) like this. We all know that he's willing to accept his father, who he only knew as someone on the dark side...but what about someone who he was completely and totally in love with?

And still, you know that he will fight for his love - it makes you admire him even more. There is no obvious hope, like in the ESB, but something subtle holds your faith. Maybe it is that Luke blames himself, or that he held out as long as he can, but there it is. Hope.

Luke is always looking for the good in people. He knows that whatever happened to Mara, serving Palpatine again wasn't something she ever wanted to do. He's ready to fight...but it'll be a hard one.

I can think of one phrase fitting to say. Artistically done, JM. That's why we love you.

Thank you so much. [face_blush]

taramidala: Hmm, you are on to something there. All I can say is that there will definitely be some interaction between my favorite Sith Lord and Emperor's Hand in Part 3. [face_batting]

DarthVaderette: Thank you very much! Will do.

Piper: Indeed. But don't worry. He's strong.

Hazel: Thank you very much! I hope my vignette cheered you up a bit. :)

Briannakin: Luke has got a lot of redeeming to do in Part 3. Question is...does Mara even need redeeming? [face_thinking]

Thank you, and will do!

Ocelotl: Palpatine really knows what he's doing. Not only did he break Mara, but he broke Luke as well. He's not the Sith Master for nothing.

Thank you very much!

Queenbee: I need to buy stock in hats.

lauretheil: Or, maybe Mara's return as Emperor's Hand will make Vader/Anakin reflect on what he really wants for his son, what with added experience and (hopefully) maturity, promoting a HeelFaceTurn on his part (or at least a definite greying of his Force sensibilities), and they'll both work from the inside to topple Palpatine?

Hmm. You're onto something here. [face_thinking]

And will do! Thank you!

searth: Well, if you're familiar at all with the Lusankya prison, you can probably figure out what happened to Mara.

Somehow though, I don't think Vader really gets that aspect of true love to understand Luke fighting for the love of his life... If he really truly loved Padme, he would have fought for her instead of hurt her and wouldn't mentally or physically hurt his son.

Vader still has a long ways to go. But...I think his armor might be starting to crack.

I am curious about the Vader/Mara dynamic. Somehow, I think their relationship is going to be more contentious than ever. Also you still haven't revealed why Vader hated Mara so much from the beginning of your fic itself?

Their relationship will be interesting, that's for sure. And you will find out around Chapter 10. :D

Thank you very much!

Jade eyes: I'm glad you think so. I've definitely been going for the OT feel, so I'm glad it came off that way.

Yes, poor Mara has a long ways to go now, too. But she's strong.

Curtis: The Emperor is an evil evil Sith. Thank you!

wbsaw: All Mara ever wanted was some recognition in the Empire. Palpatine gave her all that, and more. The irony is definitely not past her.

And I'm sorry you di

8. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Hmm... some of these things seem to contradict each other, ma'am. ;) Did Mara REALLY get broken by Palpatine or is she just playacting? Speculating that she may not need redemption, may not want to be rescued, but yet hinting that she may try to work from the inside. Did she "allow" herself to be broken in some sort of self-sacrifice?

Interesting questions... :)

9. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    This is shaping up to be a very exciting last story, since they're going to have to rescue Mara! (Have to.) Whether or not she'll be the same Mara remains to be seen... but very exciting! PMs when the next story goes up please?

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    taramidala: Yes, it would seem that some of those statements contradict each other. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in Part 3. ;)

I will say this - Mara is not faking...but that doesn't mean she's happy about her current situation.

Luna: Thank you very much! You're so certain that they have to rescue Mara? You might want to rethink that. [face_thinking] Will do!

I'm getting itchy fingers, so who knows when the Prologue will go up... ;)

11. LouQuinn

LouQuinn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 14, 2010
    I will do unspeakable horror to you, dear author, should I be removed from the PM list. I told you, I *need* to see the end of this.

And that's all I'm going to say since I refused to give a proper review.

12. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Wow, another great part of the trilogy! I love what you've done to the canon story. I'm amazed how all it fits into the original story.
    I wish I had seen this side of Luke (the one on Dagobah) and Yoda in the movies as well. It would have been much better, imho.
    Great job so far. I'm off reading part 3 ;)