main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Night Must Fall - sequel to AoH - ESB-era AU (L/M, H/L, Vader, Yoda, Rogues) - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] Loved the last line. Amazing chapter and we are off to DAGOBAH! I hope Mara is going to go with him. I always wondered how Mara and Yoda would get along.

2. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Reading and loving it! Keep up the great work.

I really liked your take on Boba Fett circa ESB. Lends a bit of weight to the "No Disintegrations!" line.

Loving the back and forth between Luke and company.

Cheers! And hope you had fun at DragonCon!

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    But worst of all was the deterioration of Han and Leia?s relationship that came out of nowhere.

:( Let me guess, he's pushing her away for her own good. :rolleyes:

That was nice twist of the wampa scene, although one has to feel bad for poor Dack.

She grinned at him in relief. ?Hey. I'm here to rescue you.?

[face_laugh]

I too would like to see Mara going to Dagobah. I'd love to see Yoda and Mara interact.

4. LouQuinn

LouQuinn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 14, 2010
    *snags a place*

Sorry for not posting a review on the last chapter, by the way :(

5. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Hoth... the most interesting twist on this I have read in AU. Nicely done!

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    OMG, I've been so worried about the wampa, you have no idea. Phew! But poor Dack. Always in the wrong place, isn't he?? I hope he's okay! I love that Luke was so strong in the Force, even if he doesn't believe himself to have been. And I love Mara's coming to rescue him, and her final line.

Yoda! Yay!! I hope he doesn't bring up that pesky no-attachments, thing... [face_thinking] Can't wait to see what happens next, as always!!

7. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    Finally catching up!

Whew. I love Luke's first patrol when he wasn't attacked by wampa... and the second, when he was. :D
    But when will he stop feel guilty for everything? :(

His thoughts about Mara are amazing.)) These training sessions must be so wonderful for him, with his feelings for Mara and desire to learn more about Force. I'm so glad Luke isn't alone in his Jedi ways in this universe.

Last line was adorable! :D

8. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007

Congratulations on your awards!!! [:D] You've SO deserved them!!! [face_peace]

Amazing how you twist your AU and canon here! Half of the time i can smile in recognition - half of the time enjoy the surprises [:D]

Mara furious was perfect!!![face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing]

Leia stood there, clad in yet another pristine white jumpsuit, exuding that same aura of superiority that had once made Han want to smack her, and now only made him want to grab her and kiss her senseless
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?Hey. I'm here to rescue you.?
    [face_laugh] Perfect!!!

9. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    Great job with this post. I want to just laugh out loud but I can't since I'm with other people who don't share the same enthusiasm as me. Absolutely wonderful!!!

10. leapylion3

leapylion3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2011
    How did I only find about this now?! :eek:
    First off, PM please? :p
    Second, your Han and Leia are delightful! They're totally in character! :D And you've actually made me like Luke/Mara! :)
    This is amazing! Can't wait till the next post!

11. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

Another chapter! Just what I need to relax and enjoy after a long day of college classes.

OOhhh nice twist on the whole Wampa scene.

LOL! I loved Mara?s last line!

Great work as always! =D= :)

12. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004

As much as it would hurt both of them?he only had one option.

*thwacks* No you don't.

?Hey. I'm here to rescue you.?

[face_laugh]

Hm... could there be some conflict with Luke's necessary training on Dagobah?

Great updates!

13. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Love how you moved us all into the familiar ESB scenarios! And kind of happy Luke didn't get smacked up on Hoth, either! Looking forward to the adventure to Dagobah, and I hope that Luke and Leia can have a real conversation too...especially about Han not really wanting to leave. Great update!

14. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I keep forgetting what chapter you are posting.

You already know what my favorite part of this post was.

Mara rescuing Luke. Yep that's it.

And I already hit you (more like teased you about your height which in my books counts as hitting you) for being evil. I'm just gonna sit back and watch everyone else throws things at you.

:D

because you are evil and are bound to tears out hearts out.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I love determined mara :) combined with feisty Leia [face_laugh] no guy has a chance!

Stellar last line there too =D=

I did enjoy the entire Ord Mantell adventure :cool: loved having the details filled in.

16. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Hey, all! The talented author of this fic asked me to write a 'ginchy-shine' of chapter 3, an NC-17 outtake of those 'other things' Luke and Mara engaged in that night. If you like that sort of thing, and you're over the age of 18, you can read the outtake on SWFF. It's called... "Other Things" and can be found in the Extra Scenes (Adult) section. You can find the link to the site in my siggy below. :D

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    And it's such a lovely shine as well. [:D] [face_love]

18. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Awesome ginchy!!![:D]

And brilliant idea, Nancy!!! [face_dancing]

Oh, how refreshing to read some adult L/M stuff again!!! :D We definitely need more of that! [face_devil]

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Briannakin: Loved the last line. Amazing chapter and we are off to DAGOBAH! I hope Mara is going to go with him. I always wondered how Mara and Yoda would get along.

I just had to put in the last line. Yes, we're off to Dagobah...but it'll take awhile until we get there. :) Will Mara go with Luke? Well, I tried to be true to Mara in canon, and we all know how she dragged her feet when it came to becoming a Jedi. [face_thinking] (But if you want to read some fics where Mara and Yoda do interact, I can point you in that direction.)

Prophet: Thank you! Writing the interactions between the characters when they're so young has been one of my favorite parts of writing this fic. And I had an amazing time at Dragon*Con, thanks! I want it to be time for Celebration VI right now.

Hazel:

Let me guess, he's pushing her away for her own good.

Would you expect anything less from me? :p As Michael Stackpole taught me last weekend, your job is to torture characters. :D

That was nice twist of the wampa scene, although one has to feel bad for poor Dack.

Yeah. Poor Dack. :(

I too would like to see Mara going to Dagobah. I'd love to see Yoda and Mara interact.

See my response to Briannakin. :)

Lou: No problem! Hope everything is all right.

Ocelotl_Nesto: Thank you! I try to keep things familiar, but twist them up a bit, too.

ginchy: LOL, well now you can stop worrying. ;) And Dack...yeah...that's all I'm gonna say.

No attachments thing? Nah, I did that already in another fic. ;) But Luke does have many issues to get over, some dealing with Mara, others not.

Piper: Welcome back!

But when will he stop feel guilty for everything?

He's Luke Skywalker. The correct answer is "when he's dead."

I'm so glad Luke isn't alone in his Jedi ways in this universe.

Yeah, I wanted him to have a "companion" in this fic (heh heh) ... and who knows, there may be another Jedi in the mix soon enough. [face_thinking]

kataja: Thank you. [face_blush]

Amazing how you twist your AU and canon here! Half of the time i can smile in recognition - half of the time enjoy the surprises

And that's exactly what I was going for. :) The end of this fic will have a lot of twists, I hope!

I love furious Mara. And I had to give her that last line. :D

Queenbee: Glad to hear it! Thank you!

leapylion: I'm glad you're enjoying Han/Leia, and how can you NOT like Luke/Mara? [face_love] They're my OTP so yeah, they're the focus in this fic. But I try to give Han/Leia just as much love. And Tycho/Winter, but in the background. I will put you on the list!

jaded: Thanks! Glad I could help you wind down from college hell. :)

Fels: Not conflict, per se...but Luke will have issues with finding his full potential

Luna: Leia's still hesitant to really talk to anyone just yet, even Luke...but perhaps she might come close to opening up as the fic moves on. Or, perhaps the author gives her no other choice. :D

MJ: Who wouldn't love Mara rescuing Luke? And I resent everything you say. Because I believe in happy endings. Yup. I really do.

But that doesn't mean I can't be evil to them in the meantime. Aaron Allston and Michael Stackpole told me to! [face_devil]

Jade: Yes, Mara and Leia are a force to be reckoned with!

Just a reminder that if you haven't gone to read ginchy's wonderful shine, and you're into that sort of thing, you should! It's fantastic! :)

Also, because of the issue with board registration, if you have unopened PMs I will no longer be sending them to you. Thank you.

20. LouQuinn

Feb 14, 2010
    Alright, review time.

So, as I said on Twitter, I loathe the fact that Han's going away; so soon after the... err... that thing with Leia. Yeah. I mean, the guy thinks he's being sensitive and stuffs. But, you know, Leia is going to be so angry and there's gonna be a lot of tension in later chapter; as foreshadowed.

And now we're in ESB territory! I can't wait to see how much are you going to alter ESB. And please pretty please let Mara train under Yoda's tutelage. The interaction between the two is definitely going to be a hoot :p

Amazing, amazing update. You know, this story has become my power source for every monday :D

21. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Lou:

I loathe the fact that Han's going away; so soon after the... err... that thing with Leia. Yeah. I mean, the guy thinks he's being sensitive and stuffs. But, you know, Leia is going to be so angry and there's gonna be a lot of tension in later chapter; as foreshadowed.

Tension? With Han and Leia? Nooooooo.

But c'mon, I couldn't have Han just do a complete 180 into "respectable guy" overnight, could I? And of course Leia's gonna take it completely the wrong way. But just remember that we have about 43 more chapters to go in this trilogy. :D

How much will I alter ESB? Well, you can see from the DP that certain folks will still be present...but things may happen a tad differently than in canon. :) And as for Mara going to Dabobah, you get your answer in this next chapter. (BTW, I apologize in advance. But she was never gonna go. C'mon. Mara drags her feet when it comes to being a Jedi in every universe, and for good reason. Especially in this fic.)

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

CHAPTER 8

There was practically a party once Dack was pulled out of the bacta tank. The Rogues swarmed over the medbay, much to the chagrin of the Two-Onebee droid assigned to watch over the two patients. All the Rogues doted on Dack, especially Avy, who refused to leave her boyfriend's lap. Luke's smile as he watched the scene was bittersweet, knowing that his wingman almost hadn?t made it?and trying desperately to ignore the voice that whispered it?s your fault.

Mara was smiling, too, although it was more of a smirk; once she learned that Luke and Dack would be okay, she couldn?t stop reminding Luke of the fact that she had saved his life. It didn?t matter that Luke had once saved hers. In fact, she clarified, this made two times she'd saved his butt, counting the confrontation with the Executor. Yeah, she was pretty full of herself?but Luke didn?t mind. She was beautiful when she gloated.

Two-Onebee eventually kicked the rest of the Rogues out of the medbay, leaving Luke, Mara, Dack, and Avy alone. Apparently even droids knew better than to ask relieved girlfriends to leave their patients.

The droid also couldn?t stop Han Solo from entering the medbay; as co-rescuer, the smuggler claimed, he had as much a right to visit the two pilots as their girlfriends. Luke didn?t much understand that bit of Corellian logic, but he didn?t mind the company.

That was, until Han explained the real reason he stopped by.

He asked to speak to Luke and Mara privately. The three of them moved to the other side of the medbay, far away from Dack and Avy who suddenly couldn?t keep their hands off each other.

?At least I know they ain?t paying attention,? Han grumbled good-naturedly, although his underlining demeanor betrayed his nervousness.

?Spit it out, Solo. What?s going on?? Mara demanded.

?Look,? Han rubbed the back of his neck, ?I don?t know how to tell you guys this??

?You?re leaving.? It was a statement, not a question, one which Luke issued with absolute calm.

Han didn?t even blink. ?Yeah. I?m sorry, kid. I gotta go take care of some business.?

Luke sighed. ?Well, I always knew this was gonna happen sometime.?

Mara glanced back and forth between the two men, incredulous. ?Wait a minute?you?re just gonna let him walk out of here without a fight??

Luke shrugged. ?What else am I supposed to do? Make him stay??

?Yes!? Mara yelled. Dack and Avy broke apart for a moment before resuming their kissing. Mara lowered her voice, ?Yes, dammit. Han, you are making a huge mistake. If you leave now, Leia will never forgive you.?

?That?s the point.?

?Is this because she got hurt? If this is because she got hurt I?m gonna kick your ass so hard??

?Mara!?

She whirled on Luke, green eyes flashing. ?Don?t interrupt.? She turned back to Han. ?Now you listen to me. If you?re going to let one tiny little blaster wound get in the way of the best thing that has ever happened to you, you are more a fool than I ever imagined.?

?Thanks,? Han drawled.

?Don?t mention it. Seriously, Han?she?s crazy about you. You know what it meant to her?don?t do this to her now.?

Luke, still stung from Mara?s harsh reprimand, felt his eyes go wide at her insinuation. He wasn?t that innocent?and suddenly Luke was pretty sure what happened between Han and Leia on Ord Mantell. And now Han was going to leave her?

Something exploded inside Luke, a protectiveness he never knew existed, and he had to physically restrain himself from punching his friend in the face. Whereas before he begrudginly accepted Han?s decision, now all he wanted was to pummel the man into oblivion for hurting Leia. Mara, sensing Luke?s anger, placed a hand on his arm, trying to calm him down. ?You?re leaving her?? Luke growled. ?After what you did??

?Hey! I don?t have to explain myself to you.?

?No, you don?t,? Mara interjected. ?You don?t have to explain yourself to anyone but Leia. You are going to tal

23. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Yeah, i see Mara being trapped on the Millennium Falcon with Han and Leia all the way through this. Can't see her at all going to Dagobah. Just not her time yet. Plus, she still has to contend with the other Emperor's Hand (i know there are more, but this one has to be specific), whom, i guess, can only be someone we are familiar with.

24. LouQuinn

Feb 14, 2010
    *snags a place*

be back with a review in two hours

25. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I love how Mara believes in him so much. She knows his potential and wants to see him achieve it. I'm a bit sad she won't be going to Dagobah but I understand why. I'm also thinking Dagobah might be a sunny day in the park compared to being stuck on the Falcon with an angry Han and Leia... if that's where Mara's going to be... hm.

And Wes getting a :*. heeeeeeee, I love it!!

Excellent chapter as always! I look forward to Mondays now. ;)