main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Night Must Fall - sequel to AoH - ESB-era AU (L/M, H/L, Vader, Yoda, Rogues) - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

I loved the med bay scene. It was sad yet perfectly in character for all three. I loved Luke?s protective brother instincts coming out there for a second even if he doesn?t realize it.

Well at least Leia didn?t kiss Luke in this one?but she kissed Wes lol.

Luke and Mara banter is just too cute!

Aww man! Come on Luke, say I Love You and then you can tell her about the vision.

What a great scene with Luke and Mara. I?m glad you had them talk about him leaving. It shows that they are serious and mature about their relationship in my opinion.

Great work as usual!

2. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    The fight on Hoth had more sting with the Ord Mandell post... nicely done

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    ... and trying desperately to ignore the voice that whispered it?s your fault

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

Two-Onebee eventually kicked the rest of the Rogues out of the medbay, leaving Luke, Mara, Dack, and Avy alone. Apparently even droids knew better than to ask relieved girlfriends to leave their patients.

Or maybe the 2-1B is a romantic at heart [face_love]

That was a terrific exchange between Mara, Han and Luke. Loved Luke going all big brother on Han.

And the exchange between Han and Leia... excellent. I'm sure Wes enjoyed getting caught in the middle.

Now that I know Mara's not going to Dagobah, I'm even more curious about what will happen with her next. [face_thinking]

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Luke didn?t much understand that bit of Corellian logic,
    Just give up trying to understand that. :p

She grabbed the first passing male she found?who just so happened to be the very confused-looking Wes Janson?and kissed him full on the mouth. Releasing Janson's flight suit with a flourish, Leia straightened up, adjusted her vest, and strode right past Han, who stood slack-jawed in amazement.
    Okay, I admit it, I cheered. Go Leia! Now, Han... *shakes head*

Great update.

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I am so glad you are posting on mondays - I have almost 5 hours to kill on Mondays and Wednesdays for the next 3 months.

Anyways. Great LM stuff in the medbay. And tehe! Wes got the kiss of his life!

Now that Luke is going to Dagobah alone (poo!), I'm predicting that she is going to go with Han, Leia and Chewie to Cloud City where I can imagen her punching Lando's lights out.

6. leapylion3

leapylion3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2011
    LOL loved the Leia/Janson kiss! [face_laugh]
    Great job with this chapter! Love how you twist around the story :)
    Can't wait for the next chapter! :D

7. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Loved ths update though I hated to see Han being such an idiot!!!

she was pretty full of herself?but Luke didn?t mind. She was beautiful when she gloated.
    Heh heh - those two in a nutshell :p

She was still angry as all the nine Corellian hells but there was something else in her expression?vulnerability?and it made Han feel awful for doing this. But he had to leave, for her own good, and he didn?t want her to miss him. She deserved better, and he needed to make her see that, no matter how much it hurt him to do so.
    :oops: Idiot!!! And good Mara told him too! But ah how well you fit in the ESB dialogue here! [face_dancing]

She grabbed the first passing male she found?who just so happened to be the very confused-looking Wes Janson?and kissed him full on the mouth. Releasing Janson's flight suit with a flourish, Leia straightened up, adjusted her vest, and strode right past Han, who stood slack-jawed in amazement.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

You wound me.?

?No, that was the wampa
    .?
    :p [face_peace]

I was wondering when your grumbling stomach was going to wake you up. It sounded like a repulsorlift going off in here.?
    Why is it that it's so easy to imagine Luke with a grumbling stomach?!?:p [face_mischief]

I need to talk to Mon Mothma and General Rieekan first. I don?t want to abandon the Alliance without giving them a good reason.?

?I?m sure they will be supportive.?

?If they don?t think I?m crazy.?

?Well, you can always leave the vision of the dead guy out of your story
    .?
    [face_laugh] Oh, Mara... Great scenes and excellent banter all the chapter through! So not only Han but also Luke will be leaving - only with much more style...;) Or - leave soon...

Still speculating on the title of this part 2...[face_thinking] [face_mischief]

8. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I love that Mara and Luke tried to talk Han out of leaving, and I really hope that something happens soon to make him change his mind. But I do love how Leia kissed Wes as a reaction to it. And I'm glad for Mara's response to Luke's training and looking forward to seeing some Yoda! Great update.

9. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    How do you do it? Twists in your plot are supposed to upset any L/M fan, but it feels right somehow...

I love Mara here, she believes in him, he really needs it...[face_love]

It's amazing how their canon talk seems different here.
    Fantastic job. @};-

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Phoenix5: Yeah, I just don't think she's ready. It's an interesting concept to think about, and her and Yoda interacting would be pretty funny. But I just didn't see it happening yet.

LouQuinn:

*snags a place*

be back with a review in two hours

ORLY? ;)

ginchy: Mara's really supportive in this story, mostly because 1) she wants to see the Emperor defeated so badly, and 2) it's just her nature as a perfectionist, rolling into her relationship with Luke. Will Mara be stuck on the Falcon? We'll have to see. Remember...this is AU...so "stuck" might not be the right word. [face_thinking]

Excellent chapter as always! I look forward to Mondays now.

Glad to hear it. :D

jaded_jewel:

I loved the med bay scene. It was sad yet perfectly in character for all three. I loved Luke?s protective brother instincts coming out there for a second even if he doesn?t realize it.

Glad to hear it. :) Once Luke moved on from his feelings about Leia, I would imagine that he would feel protective of her. But like Mara says, he's protective of everyone so he doesn't think much of it.

Yet. ;)

Well at least Leia didn?t kiss Luke in this one?but she kissed Wes lol.

Originally it was going to be Dack. But then I gave Dack a girlfriend. And then I rewrote Han/Leia's argument to be in the hallway. And I thought "who would be the funniest person for Leia to kiss?" The answer was obvious. :)

Aww man! Come on Luke, say I Love You and then you can tell her about the vision.

All in due time. If I look into my crystal ball, you might not have to wait long after all. ;)

What a great scene with Luke and Mara. I?m glad you had them talk about him leaving. It shows that they are serious and mature about their relationship in my opinion.

Thanks! And that's exactly what I wanted to show. They are very young but they are serious. In some ways it's like they've been together a lifetime.

But, there are still nasty things lurking around every corner... [face_mischief]

Ocelotl: Thank you!

Hazel: Everyone in Star Wars tries to convince everyone that things aren't their fault...meanwhile Luke always thinks that things ARE his fault.

Or maybe the 2-1B is a romantic at heart

Heh, that would be something. :)

And the exchange between Han and Leia... excellent. I'm sure Wes enjoyed getting caught in the middle.

I think Wes had a very enjoyable...evening thinking about it. :D

Now that I know Mara's not going to Dagobah, I'm even more curious about what will happen with her next.

Welp, there are probe droids making their way to the Hoth system. [face_worried]

Fels: Yeah, Corellian logic never makes sense.

Okay, I admit it, I cheered. Go Leia!

Yes! Go Leia go! I had to give her that moment. :)

Briannakin:

I am so glad you are posting on mondays - I have almost 5 hours to kill on Mondays and Wednesdays for the next 3 months.

Glad to be of service. :)

Now that Luke is going to Dagobah alone (poo!), I'm predicting that she is going to go with Han, Leia and Chewie to Cloud City where I can imagen her punching Lando's lights out.

Punching Lando? Now why would you think that?

leapylion3:

Great job with this chapter! Love how you twist around the story

Thanks! I'm trying to keep the story familiar but different at the same time. :)

kataja: Yeah, Han's an idiot right now. But he has good intentions. And perhaps he'll change his mind.

-she was pretty full of herself?but Luke didn?t mind. She was beautiful when she gloated.-
    Heh heh - those two in a nutshell

Isn't it, though? :)

But ah how well you fit in the ESB dialogue here!

Thank you. :) I got some in during their fight a few chapters earlier, and had to get in some during this part as well. :)

Why is it that it's so easy to imagine Luke with a grumbling stomach?!?

I don't know. I've always thought of him as having a huge appetite. I don't

11. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

So, ginchy is a very bad influence. We were talking about the ESB deleted scene called "Yoda's Test" and drooling over how hot Luke looks. I made the mistake of saying that I wish I'd sent Mara to Dagobah so she and Luke could do it. She said I should write an AU missing scene.

So I did. :p

You can find it at starwarsfanfic.net in the Extra Scenes forum. Or, if you'd prefer, I can PM it to you if you are over 18.

The scene is completely AU to my AU so don't try to gleam any spoilers from it. ;)

Actual update coming tomorrow!

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|:eek:[face_laugh]

There are just no words... Wow.

And might I say that ginchy is just a menace! [face_mischief] Now everyone go and read the AU scene cause ... well, hubba hubba. [face_devil] ;)

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

CHAPTER 9

The Super Star Destroyer Executor slipped gracefully through open space, having emerged from lightspeed to rendezvous with several other Destroyers in Death Squadron?the Devastator, Tyrant, Accuser, Avarice, and Avenger. Still searching for the hidden Rebel base, the various crew members were examining new data from probe droids in nearby systems. Admiral Piett learned long ago not to get his hopes up whenever they received such information. Every previous check-in had left them empty-handed.

This report was different; Piett noticed it immediately upon reviewing the sensor readings taken from the probe droid sent to the Hoth system, a system that contained absolutely no civilization according to Imperial records. Yet the probe droid's data showed life form readings and indications of a shield generator. It could be smugglers, or an uncharted settlement?but this was the best lead they?d had.

Taking a deep breath, knowing the consequences for failure, Piett turned away from the station to face Lord Vader, striding confidently down the command walkway. ?Lord Vader??

The Sith Lord approached and stood directly in front of Piett, staring menacingly down at him. ?You found something??

?Yes, my lord. The report is only a fragment from a probe droid in the Hoth system, but visuals indicate life readings.? Piett leaned forward to broadcast the visual scanning sent back from the droid, which showed the possible shield generator. ?This system is supposed to be devoid of human forms.?

Vader pointed his finger at the screen. ?That's it. The Rebels are there. You have done well, Admiral Piett. Set your course for the Hoth system.?

Piett nodded. ?Yes, sir.? Between the frantic comm calls to the other Star Destroyers and preparing for battle stations, he hardly had time to reflect on the fact that Darth Vader seemed almost?excited.

The day?s shift in the Command Center, like all Leia?s shifts during previous few days, was proving uneventful. But that was perfectly fine for her. She needed normalcy. She needed to throw herself into her work. She needed to remind herself that she was a leader of the Rebellion and had no time for personal problems.

She needed to forget that Han Solo ever existed.

But that was impossible with him still hanging around the base. Last night, after seeing Han talking with some vapid blonde in the mess, Leia got the strongest urge to slice into the base?s computer system and grant the Millennium Falcon clearance to leave. Only her extreme sense of duty kept her from doing such a thing.

But oh, how she wanted to!

Han had completely broken her heart; he?d snatched it out of her chest and stomped on it for good measure. She?d given herself to him, in every possible way?and all he gave her in return was heartache.

She knew she shouldn?t have done it. It was asking for trouble. Men like Han Solo were trouble. It was her fault for thinking he could change. Men like him never changed.

Even knowing all this, she couldn't stop daydreaming about her one night with the smuggler. She was supposed to be working and yet that stupid lopsided smile kept popping into her head. He'd told her that he cared, and she'd believed him. Part of her still did, despite all her better judgment. Which was why his decision to leave hurt so badly.

Oh, what kind of Alliance leader was she? Her father would be so disappointed in her.

General Rieekan?s concerned voice finally captured her full attention. ?Princess? We have a visitor.?

Leia rose and joined the general at the sensor officer's station. ?We've picked up something outside the base in Zone Twelve, moving east,? Rieekan explained.

Major Derlin, also on duty that shift, peered at the sensor readings. ?It?s metal.?

?Then it couldn?t be one of those creatures that attacked Luke and Dack,? Leia said, bad feelings starting to prickle in the back of her mind.

The sensor officer raised his h

14. LouQuinn

LouQuinn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 14, 2010
    Well, I'm back! Life's been pretty hectic; Model United Nations, Oxford's entrance exam, midterm exam, you name it, I'm on it. [face_frustrated]

Anyway, YAY for Luke for saying it first. And in such perfect moment, too! But oh God, if things happen the way ESB happened, I just can't bear to see Avy for the rest of the fic :(

Oh, Rogues, you're all so hilarious. Hobbie, it is completely unacceptable to be dour. Come on, man, you're a Rogue. I thought overconfidence is your (Rogues) thing.

God, I so can't wait for the tension on Millenium Falcon. It'll be epic, to say the least. It's your fault, Han. You left her for all the wrong reasons; see, that's the thing with guys. They think they figured us (girls) out. Well, more often than not, they don't know a thing. *shakes head at Han's stupidity*

Good God, I can't wait for the next chapter! Come soon!

P.S: I got here first, though, didn't I? ;)

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oooh, yikes!! I loved this update! I love the ending with the Rogues and Luke told Mara he loved her!! [face_love] [face_love] That boy has great timing. LOL! I could just picture it all.

And Vader--so creepy. I love how he knew Luke would stay on base because that's what Anakin would do... So strange but so right how he thinks of Anakin as another person in another time.

As for the next chap, fingers crossed for Dack! Course, I don't want ANY of them to get hurt... [face_worried]

Excellent update! I love Monday updates! :D

16. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Sweet--the battle of Hoth! I hope Han doesn't actually evacuate...maybe join up with the Rogues would be nice! I want him and Leia to have a nice little moment like Luke and Mara. Looking forward to the battle! Great update.

17. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    I suppose, I meant "development of the plot". [face_blush] Luke leaves to Dagobah, Mara doesn't... how to call it?

My personal gratitude here. Autumn finally decided to come and I was freezing in my office today. After reading it, I felt MUCH warmer. :p

Yes, me too. Mondays are much easier now.

The hardest thing when something terrible happens... you did it perfectly here.

Luke...[face_love]

[face_laugh]

But not for me! [face_shame_on_you]When will she say it?

18. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I've always thought of him as having a huge appetite. I don't know if that comes from profic or fanfic!
    It?s fanfic. But it seems to fit so well with his appearance! All that energy![face_love]

adult AU scene.
    Finally found it ? I?ve been messing with a broken site for two weeks now, not understanding why I couldn?t find back to ginchy?s post and post something of my own. But now I?ve both posted - and read - and?:D [face_devil] Well, let?s just say I?m still fanning myself![face_blush] [face_batting] Excellent!!! [:D] :D

Love your version of the events in this chapter. You truly manage to capture the spirit and feeling of ESB (somethign you've managed all along in this series) yet weave in so much new it remains brabd new and exciting! Loved all of it; from Mon & Madine appearing in this chapter, to Luke doing the briefing and Mara&Luke's love scene - finally!!!:D [face_dancing]

some favs:
    Between the frantic comm calls to the other Star Destroyers and preparing for battle stations, he hardly had time to reflect on the fact that Darth Vader seemed almost?excited.
    So little said - yet so muhc... ;)

And this:
    Unable to stop herself, Leia pulled him into a tight hug. Tears sprung to her eyes and she was grateful to be emotional over a decent man. It was a nice change. ?Be safe, Luke. I don?t know what I?d do if I lost you, too.?

Luke rocked with her and stroked her hair, emotions getting the best of him as well. ?The same goes for you, Leia
    .?
    LOOOVED it!!!!!!

She wasn't his problem any longer. And thanks to the evacuation, there was nothing keeping him and Chewie on base any longer.

Nothing at all
    ?
    Yeah right....:p

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very cool the way you set up the battle. =D=

Loved the hangar scene :D [face_love] and all the Rogues' reactions.

In mere moments, the battle would begin.

Oh, boy! [face_worried]

20. leapylion3

leapylion3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2011
    No! Han! Come back! :eek: :(
    Aw, that moment between Luke and Mara= MELT! [face_love]
    Great update! Can't wait to see more of this! [:D]

21. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

I really love how you write Leia. You are definitely one if not the best at writing her.

Squealing and flailing my arms like a little girl?Luke said I Love You?and the way he did it was so them?yeah I could ramble on for hours about that scene. Going to continue reading with a big dopey grin on my face.

Loved the Rogues reactions to the kiss as well.

Great chapter! Loved it as always

22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Grrr. I just want to slap Han and Leia sometimes! They are so stubborn!

But hurrah for Luke! He did It!!!

You gotta love the Rogues and their reactions :)

Also... I am 18... So you should PM that AU to your AU scene. PLEASE!

23. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Mara stole Han's line!... but who will save Leia if Han isnt there?

24. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    First of all... Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up!

Second of all.... WOW! You really have them all nailed. I loved every bit. Even Narra. Even Han breaking Leia's heart. And woo woo for Luke and Mara in the hangar! (Have I told you that I love the Tycho-Mara 'big bro-lil sis' dynamic? It's aces!)

Third of all... PM the extra please? Please please?

25. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?As you can see, boss, we?re all willing to take the risk. That's what Rogues do.?

It sure is. I've been rereading the X-Wing books lately. You capture the Rogue's Squadron's legendary loyalty well.

Great update.