main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NJO Missing Scene: Rebirth M/L, H/L (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by MariahJade2, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    This came about after some e-mail exchanges over our unhappiness with the lack of a warm family scene after the birth of Ben, and the
    way that H/L's reunion was handled. This was written with Skydancer. The first and third sections are mine, the second one was written by her.

Disclamer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and this is for entertainment purposes only, no money is being made.

"We did it." Mara looked down at her precious, beautiful son and wanted to cry. She
    should feel exhausted after fighting her disease and giving birth, but instead she felt filled with energy, elated and so happy she thought her face would crack from the broad smile that had formed on it. Tears of joy ran freely down her cheeks. She looked at Luke and saw that his face and sense mirrored hers, his blue eyes revealing the depth of his feelings. They glistened with barely held in check moisture.

"He's beautiful, Mara. We have a boy. Can you believe it? I have a son. I still can't believe he's really here."

He knew he was babbling but he didn't care. He was a father and he hadn't lost his wife, and his baby was healthy and alive and that was all he could think about.

As Luke sat with her on the bed, Mara could feel his arms tighten around her shoulders and the words they both needed so desperately to say came out. "I love you." She couldn?t be sure if they had both spoken them aloud or if they had come though their Force bond, but it didn?t matter.

Luke lowered his face to hers, while she lay in the bed cradling their son in her arms, and kissed her lips. It was soft and sweet and tender and filled with an all-encompassing love. As their Force senses joined they extended their love out to surround their son and he cooed in contentment.

A soft rap on the door interrupted the rather lengthy kiss. It opened and a very familiar voice called softly into the room. "May I come in?"

Luke heard them debating outside the door after Leia's soft voice asked his permission to come in. It was Han trying to ask Leia to come back later and leave them alone on this momentous occasion. Their usual bantering back and forth with each other might be referred to as a bad sign to others, but not to Luke. To him, it could only mean that things were back to normal.

Luke knew that their disagreement was a reflection of their togetherness, but silence between them was a different matter. For them - silence - was a sign of an estrangement, a standoff which could either separate them further or bring them back together with a vengeance. He was glad it was the other.

Luke looked at his wife and her smile conveyed to him that she understood. He kissed her again, but briefly this time, and announced loudly for both his sister and her husband to come in.

"Leia... Han... please come in; you don't need to ask my permission. You're both always welcome," Luke told them.

"Thanks, Luke. You know I can't wait to see the new addition to the family, but Han here insisted I wait." Leia nudged her husbands's ribcage after she had spoken.

"Ouch... cut that out, Leia!" Han shouted. His wife could still nudge hard if she put her mind to it. "I'm sorry, kid, but Leia here is just over excited about becoming an aunt. Aren't you...Aunt Leia?"

"No...I wasn't, Uncle Han."

"Okay...you've said it. I feel old already, not that I haven't lately. I think one more aim at those blasted Vongs would do the trick!"

"Shh...Han, you'll wake the baby," Leia reminded her husband.

Luke felt a warm feeling rush through him looking at both of them. They had gone through one circumstance after another, more than any couple he knew, and it was about time they had a life again. He knew fighting these new villains had been hard on everyone, including Mara. And he was glad to be given this small amount of time to be reunited with people who cared, now that he had changed his status from a man to a father. Leia was carrying his baby in her arms and he could feel the amount of joy surrounding her Force prese

2. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Oh that was so sweet. I loved every moment about it, even the small H/L bickering. Yay!!! Luke's a father now!!! :)

3. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Oh goody someone read it. Thanks!!! Glad you liked it.

4. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    I loved it!!! :)

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    AAWWWWWWWWWWW so cute!

6. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Very sweet, Mariah Jade and Skydancer! Unfortunately, the NJO is missing far, far too many family scenes like this one. It's too bad the pro novels and pro authors missed out on this wonderful opportunity to bring the Solo and Skywalker families together for this joyous and momentous event. We could certainly use more positive scenes in that dark and depressing universe. Thanks for doing what I wish Del Rey and LFL had done instead of giving us Anakin Solo's reaction to the birth of little Ben.

7. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awww I LOVED it Mariah! YOu just don't see enough cute family scenes like this, SO cute :D Thanks for making my day :D

8. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Thank you everybody, from both of us. :)

9. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    What a sweet story, MariahJade and Skydancer!

This is the type of scene missing from that NJO series. Instead of a nice family scene, we get death and destruction.

Thank you for posting this story.

10. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    this was soooo great! when i saws this title, I wanted someone to do fic for this sccene, and my wish has been granted! And its great!

11. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    This story was awesome! Well done. Please write more missing scenes. :)

Hoya94

12. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Gotta love those missing scenes. :)

I would say more about how I liked this, but I fear that might taint the ruggedly macho image you ladies have of me. [face_mischief]

13. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Thank you again. That's ok Herman, we wouldn't want you to mess up your image. You probably just came in here to flirt with the ladies. But still, Thanks! :)

14. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Actually, I come here so that you ladies can flirt with me. ;)

Seriously though, very well done. It's the little moments like these that sometimes tend to get overlooked.

Please pass along my compliments to Skydancer.

15. Skydancer

Skydancer Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2001
    Hi everyone - thank you for the nice compliments. It was really mariah's idea, and I just slip in a few of my ideas.
    You know, Herman even guys need some quiet and romantic times. ;)

16. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww, that was sooooooo cuuuuuuuuuute!!! I loooved it! :)

17. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    normally I dont like L/M fics, but throw H/L in there and AWWWWWWWWWWWW. too bad more of the njo isnt like this.

18. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. :)

19. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    That was great, MariahJade. Well done. The NJO needs more scenes like this to make it less depressing. :) Please write more missing moments!

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    That was beautiful, Mariah and Skydancer. I love family moments.

21. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    I loved it, I have to agree with everyone else there isn't enough of these scenes in the NJO. Well done you two. :)

22. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

Beautiful story. Thank you so much for that precious moment. You did a great job with both couples. The NJO is sorely lacking moments like this. The glue than binds.

23. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Great job Mariah & Skydancer!! I'm so glad you decided to post this. Now if you'd just post some of your other work... ;)

24. Booster-1986

Booster-1986 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2001
    Great? That was FANTASTIC. That is the sort of stuff we need to be able to endure the blackness of the NJO.

Well done.

25. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Thanks guys! So many replies, this is great.
    It really is a shame you can't find more little moments like this in the books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.