main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive NL's Drawing(Update:24th/Jan.:Storm)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NLSkywalker, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
  2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello NLSkywalker, and welcome to the forum! And don't worry at all about the English--we have members from all over the world, and we all seem to communicate just fine!

I love these drawings! They're all just beautiful: very nice clean linework, beautiful shading and excellent-excellent fabric work (it looks very real in them all!). The portraits in particular appeal to me (I do a lot of those myself)--the one of Padme is just lovely, and Anakin as Darth Vader is chilling, just like that photo. The likenesses are very recognizable (and I'm a little jealous that you can draw Padme! :D I've tried and tried, but never quite gotten the face right! Well done!), and the emotion comes through beautifully in each piece. The one of Padme with the flowers in her hair is very "elf-like" almost--sort of a dream-image of her (...Anakin's dream...? :D )--I love the movement in that one. They're all just wonderful--and just one suggestion: rather than link to the page in your other forum, just link directly to the image's URL--example:

--a little description here if you like--

It'll look like this:

Princess Leia

If you need to look again at the markup codes for the boards here, click on the link in the title bar of this page that says "Markup Codes." It's all listed there (when I started posting here, I ended up keeping a printed copy of those for a long time, lol! :D).

Thanks for sharing these, and we'll very much be looking forward to seeing more of your work! Once again--welcome to the forum!

FF

3. PadawanDi

PadawanDi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Welcome NLSkywalker!

=D= Your drawings are beautiful! The fabric work is amazing! I especially liked it on the one of Leia! The portraits also appeal to me a little more (pretty much all I do are portraits). My favorite one out of all of these beautiful drawings is probably the one of Padme with the flowers in her hair. I also really liked the one of young Anakin though. Anyway, I can't wait to see more! :D

4. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    Thank you for your replies, I'm glad you like my pictures.
    FalconFan
    Thank you for your suggestion! To tell the truth, I'm not very good at computer.(At first, it just took me a long time to find the URL of my pictures. 8-} )

PadawanDi
    Thank you so much!

Actually, my favorite one is the first portrait of Padme, which took me a long time to draw. And my art teacher and my friend also help to perfect it. [face_love] Anyway, Padme is always my favorite character in SW, I watch Natalie's film since I was 6 years old.
    Since the summer vacation is coming, I will do more artwork. Now I plan to draw a Jango's portrait. Maybe it will come out in a few days!

5. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    Well,actually this is not a character from SW, but I just got the idea from Kit Fisto.
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/armok01140063.jpg]

6. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Hi there NLSkywalker. These are some gorgeous drawings you have! I think my favorite is the first one of Natalie, the one where she's wearing a necklace. She looks really alive and I love the eyes and how you drew the hair. Looking forward to see more from you.

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh I love the Nautolan-inspired "wizard," NL!! What a wonderful, mysterious-looking character! The fabric work on the robes is luscious--gorgeous folding and draping...something that's exceedingly hard for me to do from imagination like this. The dias you have him/her on is also beautiful--well shaded and shaped to give it a lot of volume. Yet another great piece!

FF

8. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Hi, NL! I think your drawings are outstanding! My favorite is the Leia one, b/c I have the poster that it's from framed in my living room. I don't know if it's true for everyone else but your images load sooooooo slooooooowly for me. In fact I wasn't even able to load them last night, and today it's still molasses slow. Is there anywhere else for you to upload your images like photobucket?

Welcome to the fan art forums!

9. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    Thank you for all your relpies!

Fenrisulven
    I also like the eyes in that one! You know ,that just remind me of the most beautiful girl in my grade.

FalconFan
    I'm glad you like the fabric!(which took me really a long time to deal with) Actually, I imitate it from some famous drawings.

Giolon05
    I'm sorry that it took you a long time to load. :(
    And I also wonder the meaning of photobucket? (I really feel ashamed :_| )

And here is my new post!
    Jango Fett's portrait:
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/e69e182b.jpg]

And some other drawings:

AVP:
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/armok01135764.jpg]

This is a drawing that I imitate one from Da Vinci. But I don't know the name of this drawing.
    The first one is by Da Vinci:[image=http://www.ce.cn/kjwh/scpm/zixun/200601/05/W020060105274449163462.jpg]
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/armok01135765.jpg]

This is my favorite one, the Gothic lady!
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/armok01145363.jpg]

Tomorrow I will take a journey to USA. I'm just so excited! I will come back 2 weeks later and I hope to buy some artwork of SW there. I even can't get a poster of SW in my city,which just annoies me!

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful drawings, NL!! Man, the Da Vinci ones are just awesome: such delicate, lovely shading--especially in the colored one (which really reminds me of Da Vinci's work--wonderful job!! =D= ). The "metal effect" on Jango's helmet is great--it really looks like metal! Excellent shading on this one, too! And the rest of them are also very very good--I think my only suggestion might be for "Gothic Lady," to add in a little shading on the grave-markers and mounds behind and to her left--with all the amazing shading and highlights on her (she looks superb, btw!), that part of the piece looks a little underdeveloped. I think that might help "finish" the scene just a bit more. Gorgeous work, all! And I hope you have (had?) a great time visiting the US--and that you got to buy some SW art here! There's plenty of it around!

FF

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah definitely beautiful! I like the way you shade!

12. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    FalconFan
    Thank you for your suggestions! Well, the colored one is really drew by Davinci, I just wanna to show which picture I imitated.

SilSolo
    Thanks!!!!!!

US is really impressive! Very beautiful and clean! I especially like SanFrancisco and Hawaii , I reaaly hope that I will have a second chance to visite American.

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome back, NL, and I'm glad you liked your visit! San Francisco is a beautiful city, though I myself haven't been to Hawaii so wouldn't know about there! Did you find some Star Wars art to buy? In any case, we're glad you enjoyed your trip and will be looking forward to some more beautiful art when you can post some! :D

FF

14. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/armok01146783.jpg]

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very pretty, NL! The robes are just gorgeous--I could definitely see you taking your artistic talents into costume design someday!--the swirling swaths of blue are beautiful (blue is my favorite color! :p ). You've also done a wonderful job with her hair, which looks quite realistic. Another wonderful piece!

FF

16. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    Thank you, FF. I'm glad that you like the color!
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/armok01147003.jpg]

17. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    NL,WOW!!!

I agree with FF!! That piece with the cloak is REALLY awesome!!! :)

Your artwork is very nice!!

God Bless!
    ~N

18. PadawanDi

PadawanDi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    :eek: Wow! Very nice NL! I really like the "Gothic Lady"! And the hair looks amazing in the Padme concept art! Keep up the good work! :D

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I really giggled when I saw all your "color samples" along the right side of the page here--I end up with that whenever I attempt to use my colored pencils as well! lol!!

These are actually very good sketches of the droids--spare in the details, but immediately recognizable, both. I love the fast, sure lines you have going here--beautiful--and the splashes of color and shading. For quick work, they look just great (and I have a terrible time drawing anything mechanical, so kudos for that, as well!)!

FF

20. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    These look very nice! The thumbnails look to be very detailed, and I'd love to see more. Unfortunately they're loading very slowly for me and the main images don't show up at all.

I think someone suggested this earlier, but have you considered storing your images somewhere like Photobucket? It's basically just a service which hosts your pictures for you, for free. It's not difficult to sign up, and they have instructions for uploading pictures, linking to them, and so on. You might find it helpful :)

Nem :)

21. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    Nidrail
    Thanks, I always believe those gorgeous cloak fits her! ;)

PadwanDi
    Thank you, I'm glad you like the Gothic Lady. You know what, I got some idea from a song call The Mass(Era) [face_love] .And the hair, I just believed that add some color would be better(which I planed to use only black earlier :D )

FF
    Yeah, it's really quite hard for me to color the picture(that really annoys me!) :_| , I just usually use carbon pencil/stick ,that's why I tried on different color. And this is my first time to draw some mechanical things like that, I am very happy you like it and thank you for your kind response! [:D]

22. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    JediNemesis
    Thank you for your suggestion! And I have already edite my all pictures, I hope that can make you load easier.:D

Now I am working on another concept art of Padme. I hope that it will come out this evening![face_love]

23. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Hey, awesome :) Loading much faster now!

I really like these. The shading's superb, and your likenesses of Anakin and Padmé are spot-on - I really like the one of Anakin/Vader without the hood on. Very nice.

The Da Vinci picture is also amazing - wonderful work!

Keep drawing!

Nem

24. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    Well, I'm really not so good at pen-painting... But I still decide to put it here.
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/Padme.jpg]

And this is the canvas:The Injured Dog
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/RIMG0008.jpg]

25. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    These are amazing NLS, I?m Swedish so I know that English can be hard sometimes, so don?t worry about it.

Well, like I said, these pics are amazing, all of them have makes me envy your talent. Great job.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.