main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive NL's Drawing(Update:24th/Jan.:Storm)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NLSkywalker, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    It's the first time I tried the white charcoal to draw the highlight and I really like its effect![face_love] I was about to call it Darn,but my friend said Daybreak seems better.
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/DSC03504.jpg]

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The pencil Padmé you did looks so fragile and scared. Brilliant!

I also love foreign plants. Your´s looks very interesting.

And for the last pic: "Der Schrei" from Munch does NOT have so much emotion as this one. Great!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, nice updates, NL! Love the Padme piece--you've really captured the horror in her expression here, just after she's learned that Anakin has fallen to the Dark Side. I think her face might be just a touch wide and the nose a bit long--but I know too how difficult Natalie's face is to get "just right!" [face_frustrated] :D Lovely shading, and the detailing is awesome, too--especially her hair and dressing gown. The "Daybreak" piece is positively chilling--is this a night-demon, dissolving to dust at dawn...? The perspective on the cathedral is dizzying, and the entire mood is very eerie--the white charcoal seems to have worked very well for it, too! Great to see some new work from you!

FF

4. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    AzureAngel2
    Thank you![face_laugh] You know what,at first I didn't understand the Der Schrei and I go to google and search. And I was like:" Oh my ! So this is Der Schrei....." I saw it when I was very small and now I finally know its name,LOL[face_laugh]

FF
    I just saw the Padme in ROTS you drew and I think I still have much to learn[face_laugh] I am very glad you like it and poiny out the flaw.[:D] The woman in Daybreak is a vampire and dissolved in at dawn. I think it quite a heartbreaking one.,because I seldom regard vampire as very evil creature.(maybe my opinion is very odd to most people.[face_laugh] ) And you said the mood is eerie,LOL. I am really happy that I made the eerie and dark atmosphere.(that's what I intend to do at first.;) )

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *is happy to have given you the German name of a certain painting that also was stolen for quiet a while!*

I hope nobody will steal your brilliant art.

6. NLSkywalker

Jun 8, 2005
    Hello there! I haven't post here for a long long time cuz life in the last year of high school is rather busy. And I was busy preparing for entering the university. I kept drawing the last few months and I will slowly post them here(but most of are not about SW:( )

Storm
    [image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/NLSkywalker/Storm.jpg]

I think her neck maybe is a little bit too long[face_worried]

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome back, NLSkywalker! [:D]

That drawing came out really nice! I like the dynamic pose and you did a really nice job with the values. I have to agree with your assessment about the neck being too long. As it stands now, it doesn't look like the head is connected to the body and she looks very serpent-like. If at all possible(and if you feel like going back to it), I would move the head down closer to the shoulders and move it back just a bit. The features of the face also seem a little out of alignment(the mouth is too close to the nose and sitting a little bit too high on the face). I would separate them just a bit as well.

I hope you find that helpful and good luck with school and everything! :)

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    She's beautiful!! Awesome shading :D

And whoever said that senior year is easy lied :p

~Nat

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi NL, and what a lovely drawing!! =D= There's so much going on here: the roiling, forbidding sky, the mysterious figure ahead of her, the dragon on the wing in the background... Heavens, I love the way you render drapery!! =D= The dress is amazing--all the shine and folds and creases... I love her sword hand--it's just beautifully done--and I agree with HS29 about the slight anatomy problems--but only if realistic was what you were going for anyway. As a stylized work, this is fabulous as it is! Awesome shading and contrasts...just beautiful!

FF

10. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Welcome back, NLS! It looks like you've been practicing your detail work! It's a great drawing, though I'd echo HS29's advice about her neck looking disconnected. Still, quite a nice job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.