main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga No attachments? OTP challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 2, 2022.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    No attachments? OTP challenge

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: clone wars, legends
    Characters: Jadin Finn and Arisha Er-Denal
    Genre: challenge one shot
    Summary: Jadin Finn remembers when he had to go against the rule of no attachment.
    sequel to 'Time to get wet'

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

No attachments?

“No more therapy for you and your wife has news.” Marille Er-Denal had gleaming eyes when he saw his patient leaving the treatment room. “My brother told me that I am going to be an uncle again.”

Jadin Finn had a big smile on his face. “I know. She told me this morning and is visiting the pediatrician. It was the day after my 90th birthday when she had prepared that large breakfast in bed. We made love and now I have to go and get her home.”

“No speeding Jadin.” Marille warned when he saw Jadin gripping the guidance wheels of his wheelchair. “Arisha will wait and she is ...”

“Visiting her colleagues to tell. No speeding.” Jadin began to move the wheels and stopped when he was passing the door to the ER-entrance. He had to wait and what better place to do that than going outside and sitting in the sun. He wheeled outside and came to a stop under a ghenesin tree. And seeing a flower drifting down and landing in his lap he gave a soft sigh. He was here safe on Moniron, married to a lovely wife, had a son and a second child coming. He – a former Jedi-knight and healer serving during the wars on New Holstice as a surgeon and general leading his troops to defend the planet – was alive because he had disobeyed the rule of no attachment. And alive with him his two friends; the Jedi nurses Beran Daranon and Skon Peverin. His thoughts wandered to those moments and why he had made the decision to go to Moniron.

- - - -

It began with a vicious battle. I was aboard the stardestroyer Kadirian with my squad of medics and soldiers, all clones. My three medics all under my command since the beginning of the wars and getting their names from me. AMC78256, AMC78389 and AMC78645 were a no for me and they became Stat, Meds and Bandaid. We suffered a direct hit on the bridge and boarding by those clankers, beginning the destruction and call to abandon ship. I ordered my squad to the shuttles and was following and helping with my powers to redirect falling plates when Stat became trapped. I could free him, administer first aid and had him over my shoulder when the last shuttle left. A two person interceptor was there and I had Stat in the gunner-seat when I took of. The severity of his injured right leg had me planning to go to Moniron. I landed in stormy weather on the beach of the small town Rhonda, got help from the beach-rescue and was entering the hospital when I met Arisha. I was speechless. We were drawn to each-other. We had that bond, we made love on the beach but I had to go back to New Holstice with Stat to keep him unaware of where he had been.

My work as a surgeon kept me busy in the large hospital on New Holstice. Stat recovered but left his bed too soon and has now a permanent limp. And he has become great friends with nurse Milly Jaraan.

Disobeying the code of no attachment began with another battle. After landing in one of the hangars of the Coronet Enterprise, a capital ship defending New Holstice I was there on the bridge and had saved admiral d'Lorrion when I became trapped. Meds, Stat and Bandaid saved me, strapped me on a piece of plating and stuffed me into the last working escape-pod.

General Plo Koon came to the rescue and all escape-pods were collected by a recue-ship.

In the hospital – still trapped to that plating – I met one of the 2-1B's who started to examine me. Doctor Sylvie Breck came with my friends Beran Daranon and Skon Peverin. She wanted to fit me with a cybernetic left leg telling me that I could die if she didn't remove the leg. I told her that the leg could be saved and won the arguments with her when Jedi-healer Gant Beon came. Alan Guyet put me under and was able to wake me before I fell asleep. A short meeting with Owan B'Tan helping me with a bacta-tank bath had me being rescued from the tank by Beran and Skon. Yeah I discovered that Irelions are quite allergic to bacta developing rashes and a high fever. And being a healthy person I never met the stuff before this injury that had me with dreams about Arisha before I was put under by Jedi-healer Ondohe for the thermal treatment for my high fever.

Those dreams were not dreams at all. I felt her and knew that I was becoming a father. That had me finding a way to go against the code.

There were more Jedi-knights disobeying that code even living their shared lives in secret.

I had seen Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi being quite intimate after a swim in the basement swimming pool of the Jedi-temple. And Anakin Skywalker was in love with senator Amidala from the day he met her on Tatooine. From the battle of Geonosis he came back maimed and clearly attached to her. And there were of course the Corellian Jedi, all allowed to marry and becoming parents.

I had to leave, going to Arisha on Moniron. Rules to be discussed later. I began to disconnect the thingies trapping me to my bed when Stat came to my aid. He helped me and knowing about his friendship with Milly and her wish to return to Varanko to give birth to her baby and he becoming a father too I gave him a direct order to go with his friends Meds and Bandaid on a mission to deliver supplies to Varanko. And who where there when I was guided by Stat into the medical frigate? Beran and Skon.

They knew about my destination, saw my discomfort and helped me to settle into a Mobile medical unit where I fell asleep. Their doing. And the transport had no transponder when we were contacted by the same man who had contacted me when I arrived with the interceptor. But he knew who we were and ordered us to land on the beach where Arisha was and welcomed us to our new home.

New home became clear after I was treated in Noranan by Arisha's father Jaril, uncle Marille and Cedrick Arovan. My left leg was a mess. Jaril knew what was wrong and treated it. But I have now a permanent weak left leg due to nerve-damage, with fused bones in my ankle and foot and have to use a wheelchair or a brace. Coming out of the sedation and back in my room I became stricken with grief and lost consciousness. All my Jedi-friends were being murdered.

Coming around I heard all from Beran's parents, Shemi and Madia Er-Jimal. Beran was no orphan at all being switched at birth in a hospital on Bothawui and only now discovering that he was a Dunai elder. I am too. Irellion was a colony of Moniron and abandoned before the planet was destroyed by a dark force.

Madia and Shemi told us that more Jedi are safe here and on Lingala. We will keep the philosophies of the Jedi alive, mixed with Dunai elder rules. But one Jedi-rule is obsolete.

- - -

“Ah here you are.”

Jadin looked up and saw the lovely face of Arisha.

“Bad memories?” She wiped a tear from his face.

“Yes about how I ended up here, safe but with almost all my friends murdered. The rule of no attachment led to the doom of the Jedi-knights and their order. Anakin Skywalker was following the rules of his friend Palpatine when he tried to save Amidala. He became Darth Vader, enforcer for Darth Sidious and killed all those initi...”

“I know Jadin and you know what Shemi told us. A deceived one will be redeemed. A spark of light is still burning in that dark armour. The surviving Jedi have a teacher.”

“Qui-Gon Jinn; he knows how to reach out from the eternity.” A smile on Jadin's face. “He wasn't known for following the rules either being friends and more with Tahl. He will teach Obi-Wan Kenobi, Master Yoda.”

“We will see the results of that teaching. A new order will rise. And we are going home to tell Koranar that he will get a sister.”

“He will have a name for her. Let's go.”

END

Tarsier likes this.
  2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    So many memories for Jadin and
    feeling his friends' deaths would be overwhelming. Good thing he has new and more uplifting events in his future.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    He sure felt all but he has now new friends.
    Thank you for reading and your comments

pronker likes this.