main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No shoes...?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jedi_Knight69, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight69

Jedi_Knight69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    This is a funny thread, but it is still kinda questionable.

Why doesn't YODA wear any shoes?
    Even on Dagoba, he still doesn't have shoes on. He is in the swamp, so why not wear shoes. After 900 years I think his feet would begin to hurt, dont you?
    Come to think about it neither does Chewie or Jar Jar. Whats up with no shoes in Star Wars?
    Thoughts.

2. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    Easy. They don't have three toed-little feet shoes, big gorilla shoes, or shoes for stinky Gungans.

3. Jedi_Knight69

Jedi_Knight69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Ha, Ha, thats a good one!
    I would of never thought about that!

LOL

4. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    There's a lot of actual creatures that have fleshy feet but don't wear shoes in this world; they simply have thicker skin and don't get bothered. And I happen to know a lot of people that go without shoes all together. I'd find it even stranger if all manner of creatures in another galaxy had the same sense of footwear as humans... Wouldn't be very believeable to me.

5. OneWithTheForce1020

OneWithTheForce1020 Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2003
    ok proffesor Gaeri. what ever you say, but i think people with no shoes smell bad. i dont know why though

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    well hobbits don't wear shoes for the reasons gaeri says

7. OneWithTheForce1020

Oct 12, 2003
    ok my bad,i didnt think of that

8. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    but i think people with no shoes smell bad

People's shoes smell bad too.

9. OneWithTheForce1020

Oct 12, 2003
    true that, true that

10. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    look at yoday, need shoes does he? think not i do

[image=http://us.share.geocities.com/katana_geldar/yoda_and_dooku.gif]

11. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    People who aren't wearing shoes only smell because they've taken their feet out of their shoes. The smell comes from germs that live in the shoes and socks. A thick-skinned foot that's bare most of the time wouldn't smell like feet, it would smell like the ground.

I would assume that whoever posted that they don't make shoes for Gungans is probably right. Their custom-grown environment is probably pretty cushy.

Chewie is pretty much Bigfoot, and the people who believe those legends believe that Bigfoot can get around pretty well without shoes, pretty much because he has feet like an ape's. Chewie's the same way; his jungle-species is adapted to living outdoors, and probably just doesn't NEED shoes.

Since the only thing we know about Yoda's species is that he looks kinda like Yaddle, we have no idea what's going on with him. Maybe he can't find shoes to fit, maybe he doesn't need them, maybe he used to wear them but found that, if he removed his shoes, the Sith stayed away from the smell, or maybe he's just a sadist who likes walking on dirt, rocks, and worm dung. (I highly doubt that last one, but, of course, you never know. ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.