main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga [No TFA Spoilers] Kylo Ren vs PT Sith

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    NO TFA SPOILERS PLEASE.

Anyhow, from what you have seen in trailers what do you think about Kylo Ren? Do you think he would be able to defeat a true Sith in combat, say Maul, Tyranus or Anakin/Vader?

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Kylo would lose to Grievous.

3. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Swordsmen in the PT days were much more skilled. I like Ren as a character, but I think he'd probably lose to all of them. The only one I could see him beating is Tyranus or nine year old Anakin.

Thomo93 and thejeditraitor like this.
  4. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Maul maybe...He'd get demolished by Dooku. Vader would defeat him.

5. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    We didn't see how Kylo Ren in a normal state, to put in a spoiler-less way.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Kylo Ren would've gotten creamed by all of them.

AprilMayJune, Thomo93, ILNP and 2 others like this.
  7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    As strange as it sounds, no spoilers of course, I feel like Jango Fett might of had a chance at defeating Ren for some reason. But yes I don't think Kylo Ren would have lasted long against the PT sith.

ILNP, Saga Explorer and -NaTaLie- like this.
  8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Little kid Boba would kick Kylo's ass all the way back to Alderaan.....oh wait.:p

ILNP and -NaTaLie- like this.
  9. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    I agree with you, except for that last sentence. What makes you think Kylo could beat Tyranus? Dooku might even defeat Kylo with just the Force. But if not, well, it's pretty well established that Dooku is one of the most skilled swordsmen in the PT. In Episode II he defeated Obi-Wan and the Chosen One at the same time! And then he held off Yoda!

I'm geeking out a bit, but I don't see any way how TFA Kylo could defeat Dooku.

ILNP, Sitara and CIS Droid like this.
  10. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Hmm... I disagree strongly with most of these assertions.. I could see him beating everyone but Peak Vader, Yoda and Sidious with just the force..

11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It's funny. Kylo Ren appears to be a massive aficionado for the iconography of the Old Galactic Republic, what with his Revan mask/hood combo and Anakin hairstyle and fighting moves, but he would probably get ground into the dirt by one of the Jedi initiates being taught by Yoda in AOTC!

Probably an exaggeration, but given the calibre of his opponents, he is quite unimpressive as a swordsman compared to many of the historic Jedi and Sith.

ILNP and Sitara like this.
  12. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    That might be true through what we're told, but to me he seems pretty lackluster compared to everyone around him.

Obi Wan didn't bring his A-game to that fight at all. He fought Maul better years before that. Obi Wan lost because it was convenient for the plot.

The only reason he held off Yoda was because he tugged on Yoda's heart strings by almost killing the other two. If they weren't there he would have beaten Dooku.

Anakin was also not even close to his peak yet. I don't think it's fair to give credit to Dooku for beating Anakin AOTC--especially when he would later be bested by Anakin in ROTS.

I also think Kylo could probably beat Grievous if he knew going in that he had to aim for the "weak spot."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. elfdart

elfdart Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 1, 2001

Kylo would lose to the Cleveland Browns. He has to be the lamest villain since Pinky from Black Belt Jones. The villains in TFA are about as menacing as Team Rocket.

ILNP likes this.
  14. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I agree the young age of many characters, especially the villains is a bit annoying. Hux should have been older at the least. However one certain villain is quite menacing. Not saying any more because this is the spoiler free thread.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I generally move these to SWC, but this one can stay.

I think, at his peak that we have seen, Kylo would hang with Maul. Dooku and Vader are unquestionably stronger.

Defensor likes this.
  16. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    The way I see it, Maul was pretty decent with a blade. I don't think Kylo could stand up to any of the PT Sith. The Legends version of Boba Fett would beat Kylo, I think.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Kylo Ren is powerful in the Force, but is a horrible lightsaber duelist.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  18. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Ren is pretty much a darkside punk, all the movie Sith would hand him his butt.

19. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    He's clearly a wannabe, and apparently quite unskilled in regards to lightsaber combat, a depiction that I would say is intentional on the part of Abrams et al. I enjoyed the rawness of the duel, but as far as a Star Wars lightsaber battle goes I wouldn't rank it very highly. I'm looking forward to what they can come up with for Ep. 8 really.

Alienware likes this.
  20. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Kyle certainly wouldn't be able to handle ANY of the Sith. He's out of practice, and hasn't been fully trained. He doesn't know.the true power of the dark side like the Sith in the PT.