main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO No, we've never been formally introduced. Hello, I'm... (The Intro Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Tojo

Lord_Tojo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    That would be great, but, being football season (lol) I may be going to the Mizzou game. I have free tickets even though usually I never make it to the game and hang out in the lot tailgating, lol. If I am in town, I will be able to attend. I don't have a costume though, lol.

Tojo

2. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome Tojo!

3. Lord_Tojo

Lord_Tojo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    Well, it looks like the Mizzou game fell through and I will be going to the Thanksgiving weekend game instead. I should be able to attend. I have no idea where it is. I am very familiar with the area, so all I need are directions from a major intersection. Unless it is St. Charles, lol. I might need more details if it there.

Let me know.

Tojo

4. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Oh sweet! A new victim! Oh, I mean....uh...someone new to hang out with. LOL! Christina should probably be the one to give directions so I don't get you lost. She'll be back in a couple of days. I could PM you her address though so you could do Mapquest or whatever.

5. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Tojo, I have sent you directions/address. Let me know if you need anything else. It will great to meet you!

6. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Tojo, cool! The more the merrier.

7. jvdrake

jvdrake Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Hey St. Louis! My first post here. My name is Jeff and I live in O'Fallon. Married, 2 boys (8 and 3) all SW fans. Well, at least the boys in the family are! :) I sent Dajuan an email to make contact with the STL FanForce and heard back last night. I'm hoping to make it to D&B Saturday to meet you guys.

All the best, Jeff

8. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Jake, glad you found us! Feel welcome, and if you have any questions just ask!

9. jvdrake

jvdrake Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Jake, Jeff... whatever. :)

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Welcome (again)! I look forward to meeting you on Saturday!

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Jeff, welcome! I have two kids myself, boy 9, girl 4, both SW fans too. Though the boy more than the girl.

12. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Jeff! I am so sorry! Blame it on the meds. [face_blush]

13. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Jeff, glad you found us (again--apparently. :p I noticed the '03 signup) Hope to see you on Saturday.:)

14. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Hey Jeff, Welcome to the group.

15. jvdrake

jvdrake Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2003
    Thanks guys.

Yeah, I've been around here for a while. But the '03 date is a bit deceiving. I mostly just read the TF.N front page for SW news... and still do. I think it's the best. And has been the best since I first started coming there in 1999. I think I finally registered on the message boards here in '03 but never really posted much. Don't hold this against me, but I found the Episode-X boards around that time and became a regular over there (and still am). But I still went the TF.N front page every day for news.

See you guys Saturday!

16. JediCirrus

JediCirrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Since my original posting is back on page 9, and I just recently started getting active with the group, (besides just trolling the boards... :cool:) I decided to repost my info.

Hi, my name is Tony. I've been an alco.... Oh wait, wrong introduction!

NAME: Tony
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 30, 17 Dec 1975
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Software Engineer
    FAMILY/PETS: My wife and our baby Sasha (our dog)
    SW FAN SINCE: I first saw the movie in the theater. My oldest memory is watching the movie and playing with my Star Wars toys. (My first characters were the X-wing pilot and Stormtrooper)
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: Spending to much money on toys, games, and collectibles (just casual collecting). My main focus right now is on the Lego's and original Unleashed figures. Lurking around Star Wars sites. Of course watching the movies every chance I get. I'm also starting to work on a second costume and am a member of the 501st with a Biker Scout costume.
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Space and other things that happen to catch my eye.
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: Reading, cooking, theater, outdoors, and traveling in general.
    MUSICAL TASTES: Everything except Country.
    CHAT ID'S: None

17. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    MUSICAL TASTES: Everything except Country.

hehe, you sound like me... :p

18. LandosGeriCurl

LandosGeriCurl Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2006
    Hola. Just found this place, and I was pretty happy since I always have trouble finding ppl in my area who love all things Star Wars as much as I do. I hope to come here often at least untill baseball season where i will be on the Cardinals board arguing with ppl. Well I am going to read a few threads find me a nifty avatar and continue playing some KOTOR 2 before i go to get my typical 4 hours of sleep before work.

NAME(S): Matt
    AGE/BIRTHDATE: 27, 2-14-79
    LOCATION(S): Wood River, IL
    OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: Construction/student
    FAMILY/PETS: 3 evil cats
    SW FAN SINCE: 83 when i saw Return in the theater
    HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: video games, books, movies
    OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: none really
    OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: tons of movies, the Cardinals, high-end vodka, building computers, music, karaoke, history, drunken lightsaber duels, South Park, german beer, darts, tennis, electronics and firearms.
    MUSICAL TASTES: I listen to everything, but i most enjoy classic rock, blues and 80's new wave pop
    CHAT ID'S: Don't really chat. I am on various message boards, but mostly use the internet for information and pirating

19. JediCirrus

JediCirrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Welcome Matt!!!

20. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Welcome Matt! Glad you found us. :D

21. Saccorian_princess

Saccorian_princess Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2006
    Hello all ! :)

(For those who remember)it's Felecia ! First I want to say I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and a hope all have a very great New Year! Second I GREATLY apologize for being away so long. :_|
    After making my first posting back in August I entered the last semesters from "H -E - DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS" in school! Between that stress and some issues I was going thru on my job, I was unable to do fun things like this! Again, I'm sorry AND I'm back to stay... December I received my 4-yr degree AND in 10 business days I will start working in a new department at work! --Yep, I was a very good girl and Santa gave me those two very good gifts! [face_dancing]

To remind regular members of who I am, (and to introduce myself to the other newbies), below is my original posting. I'm so glad to be back and look forward to hearing from everyone!! [face_batting]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    (original posting)

Hello all !

I hope I did this right! I'm not trying to do a "reply". I'm a newbie and this is my first post! Thanks again jedi_runya for the invite! Oh well, here goes!!

Name: Felecia Taylor

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 37 dob - 6/17/69

LOCATION(S): STL ! (Florissant to be exact!)

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: The term "drudgery" DEFINETLY hits the nail on the head!! ---I'm a Data Analyst for a local Fortune 500 company. Eh, it pays the bills and sometimes allows me to have a little "play money"!

FAMILY/PETS: does dust bunnies count?!?! ---JUST KIDDIN!! none! (working full time & going to school full time does not leave a gal much time for pets!)

SW FAN SINCE: Empire Strikes Back! ---Luke was so hot [to me!] in this movie. Mentioning "Luke" look at this guy: http://www.bigwebs.com/lookalikes/look8.htm [/link] ---Talk about everyone having a double...YIKES!

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: I have three ways I "indulge" they are:
    #1 - Coming home & popping in one of the 6 movies OR
    #2 - Hopping on line and buying myself SOMEthing/SOME Star Wars object! (btw - does anyone know of a local store to purchase an R2-D2 telephone?
    and my last way of indulging (and my FAV way!)
    #3 - I get others to support my habit!!! I have co-workers, friends and "some" family (still working on them!) "trained" to give me Star Wars gifts for birthday & Christmas! ---HEY, don't knock it till ya try it!!

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis (Ronan Dex..OH yeah!! ) , The 4400, The Dead Zone and quite a few "made for TV" sci-fi movies ! (Hey I missed this past Friday's episodes of both Stargates! What happened?!?)

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: I love hoping on line to buy dolls, clothes and shoes, catching a good classic swash buckler like The Black Swan with classic hottie Tyrone Power or a technicolor goodie like the Golden Voyage of Sinbad. I also really enjoy bringing my Sunday's to a quiet close with TCM's "Silent Sundays"...airing of silent movies. After a long day of work & school my favorite way to unwind is by checking out Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Japanese anime. GO INUYASHA, TRIGUN & FULL METAL!! I'm also tossing around the thought of learning how to fly! What can I say? I'm my father's daughter!! --He's into comedy, sci-fi and flying too!

MUSICAL TASTES: pretty much everything on Z107.7 and many things from 101.1, 104.9, 105.7 and Y98. ---Yep, I pretty much channel surf in the car too!

CHAT ID'S: ?!?! sorry this & e-mail is it!!

Okay, TAG! You guys are it! I've gone on & on (and on and on) about me! Your turn!!

22. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome Back Felecia and congratulations on the degree and promotion. Very nice Christmas gifts indeed! =D=

23. Saccorian_princess

Jul 30, 2006
    Thank you!! It's [very] good to be back!:)

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Yay!! Felecia I had given up on you!! Congrats on the degree and the new job (I still need one.) We are having a meeting/gathering up in your area on the 20th, and I hope you can stop by.

25. Saccorian_princess

Jul 30, 2006
    Hey Christine!! :p

Happy New Year! Thanks for the congrats! ---It feels SOOOooooo good to now have my evenings free to do all the fun things I enjoy (like this)! As far as your job scene goes, hang in there kiddo. Something (and something good!) WILL turn up!!
    -----For the past SIX years I've been trying (and trying and trying and trying) to get out the department I'm now leaving. I tried transferring into other departments in the company and looing outside the company. So many times I was denied, rejected which left me feeling just plain disgusted, angry and hurt. I wanted to give up SO bad. Just like a little kid on playground, each time I experienced one of those "falls", I made myself get up, dust off, and tried again. Don't get me wrong, there were many days when it was easier to say this than to do it. (Hey I remember.) But, the main point is NOT to give up...NEVER ! Then too just keep in mind many times we may feel as though doors are being closed, but in reality we're just being guided along to that one, special thing we were meant to have all along. (And that one thing is ALWAYS much better than we could have EVER imagined!) So, I guess after all this I'm just trying to say don't get discouraged on the job scene. Things WILL work out!!;)

Meeting up my way in Florissant on the 20th huh? :eek: TOO COOL..COUNT ME IN!! DETAILS MA'AM...DETAILS!! Where & what time????
    ...Thanks!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.