main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Nobody's Baby (UPC) ~ A Mos Eisley Cantina Story~*Complete*~ Author's thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I really like Shada.

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    YEAH BABEEE!!! :D Great update Sister-pilot! I love how Pat will finally get what's coming to him-Jabba style! [face_laugh]

Bravo! =D=

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Woooo-hooooo!!! Baby's finally getting off that rock! Shada is awesome as always, and I'm just so glad for our Baby. I hope she finds what she's looking for out in the galaxy--just don't let her go to Alderaan, eh? :p

Excellent update!! I love this story so much, gal.

4. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Yay! Things are finally starting to go right. It's about time. Poor Baby's been trying so hard to get off Tattooine. After all she's been through, she deserves a break.

5. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! Finally something good happened for her! :) I was half expecting Shada to take off, but I'm glad she didn't. Thanks for the pm!

6. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Wonderful! Man, that Pat sure roughs up a lady; I knew he was pissed, but geez! There's more humane ways to kill someone. Anyway, I'm glad he got neutralized, and not just neutralized but framed to be brought before Jabba. It's a fitting sentence for someone of his integrity.

I hope she gets off the planet. [face_praying]

7. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Blegh, took me forever to get my internet set up at college, and of course it's slow when I finally do get it..

But anyway, loved the updates! (lol, Nobody puts Baby in a corner) Can't wait to see what happens next. I don't think Shada will betray Baby, but you never know...

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade _eyes: Pat will get his. Jabba is not one to mess around with. Playing with fire means you?re gonna get burned, right?o_O Thank you for replying!

Handmaiden_Azul: Shada is an interesting character with her own journey of discovery. She is a person who takes an oath very seriously, so if she makes a promise, she keeps it.:cool: Thank you for your comment!

Jade_Pilot: Thanks! I?m glad you liked this! Yes, Pat will get what?s coming to him. He took our girl for a fool, and she was most definitely not.[face_shame_on_you]

Ginchy: Thanks, Ginchy! I?m glad you like this story, but it?s coming to an end, I?m afraid. Things have definitely taken a turn for the better for our girl. And yes, Shada is made of awesome.:D

Rogue_Pilot: Baby?s certainly paid her dues. Sometimes the good guy (or girl) catches a break. Thank you for your reply!:)

Jaya_Solo: Thanks! I?m glad you like this, and I?m happy to PM. Shada is a decent person, and she really roots for the underdog, considering how desperate her planet?s situation is. Baby caught some luck when she allied with Shada. ;)

ROTSfan: Pat is a cruel man, and beating up the woman he was romantic with is no big loss to him. This is the same guy who was willing to murder Han and Chewie and not think twice. She has no regrets about leaving him to his fate. [face_beatup] [Cue ?Jailhouse Tango? from Chicago ? ?He had it comin?, he had it comin?, he only had himself to blame??]

Things are looking better for our girl. :D Thank you very much for the reply!

MystralGurl: Thank you! Glad this was worth the wait! Yes, things are looking better for Baby. She?s finally gotten rid of that abusive, selfish man. [face_dancing]

[face_hugs] One post left! Should be up soon. Thank you to everyone who has supported this story.

9. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Chapter 11.

I was determined not to look back. My future was ahead of me; nothing behind me would ever give me the freedom I craved so badly. I had said my goodbyes, and it had to be final. It had to be. If I looked back, I would waver and fear of the unknown would paralyze me. If I looked back, I would see Kessi and Hol staring into the suns, watching the speck that was my speeder. If I looked back, I would see the ghost of my mother standing there by the cantina door, in her long skirt and her dark hair pulled up, wrapping her arms close as if hugging herself.

So I looked straight ahead, holding my hand up to shield my eyes from the slant of the suns.

Soon it didn?t matter if I looked back because we had traveled so far from Mos Eisley that there was nothing to see. The flat landscape slid past as Shada drove farther into the Outlands. Nervousness began to crawl under my skin. I trusted her, but how much did I really know her? Maybe she had made up what she had said back at the cantina about a special project and a Strike Cruiser. For all I knew, maybe she had teamed up with Pat ? maybe she had double-crossed him and now she was going to dump me out in the barrens and take the little amount that I had left.

We came up toward a large outcrop of rock. As we approached, the boulders, tinted orange by the setting suns, jutted upward. Shada took a wide arc around the outcrop, and I was amazed by what I saw. Her story had been true: I knew a Strike Cruiser was big, but the exposed ship that rose out of the sand was gigantic.

My expression must have been obvious on my face, because Shada stole a glance toward me. ?Strike Cruiser. Over 400 meters long, powerful enough to take on ships twice its size.? She slowed the speeder as we pulled closer. I could read Imperial call numbers on the side where the ocean of sand had begun to claim the huge ship. The reflection of the suns glared along the sleek metal.

Shada drove around the half-buried ship. Hidden by its bulk was a smaller freighter, a Corellian by the looks of it. A ramp was already lowering as we approached. As Shada pulled the speeder to a stop, I saw another woman trot down the ramp toward us. I recognized her as the other Tonnika twin.

I got out of the speeder and walked toward the freighter. Shada came over to the other woman and clasped her shoulder fraternally. They turned to face me. ?This is Karoly D?ulin. She and I were part of a team to protect the device that this Strike Cruiser carried.? Shada?s eyes darkened for a moment. ?This mission has cost our team dearly, but we gave our word. We don?t give a promise and then break it.?

Karoly nodded at me. ?Shada commed me and told me that you had the missing radians. Is that still true??

I raised an eyebrow. ?Do you still have the new identification and a seat for me on that freighter??

Karoly smiled knowingly. ?I see we understand each other.? She looked warily at the darkening sky, where the sandstorm that had passed Mos Eisely was rebuilding and threatening to approach. ?Come inside. I?ll show you what we have, then you can tell me where the radian couplings went.?

Shada nodded discretely, and the two of us went into the freighter. Karoly took us to the seating area, where some materials had been laid out on a dejarik table. She pointed to a datacard. ?That?s your new ID. It?s also carded to an account that has 30,000 credits in it.? I took out my datapad from my slingbag and ran the ID card through it. Sure enough, there was my picture and a whole new biography under it.

?So I?m a citizen of Alderaan,? I noted conversationally as I put the ID away.

Karoly smiled. ?Why not? I hear it?s a lovely world,? she replied. ?Lots of green there.?

?Fair enough,? I said. I took the holoplate out of the slingbag and attached the plate to the datapad. Immediately the image of Pat?s freighter began to rotate slowly in the cone of blue light. Data filled the screen of the datapad beneath the image.

I handed the item to Shada, who examined it. ?He?s docked it at Mos Gorsa.? Sh

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous chapter--I loved Beatra's sense of release and new beginnings. :D She would really fit in with Shada's team ;) HEr resourcefulness and undaunted strength are terrific qualities whatever new path she ventures on.

@};- [:D] [:D]

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    (Sorry for missing a chapter! I would have sworn I'd commented. [face_blush])

WOW! Fantastic conclusion to a brilliant story! I cannot believe you got this inspiration from the "Pat-a-cake" poem.

Good to see that the sleemo Pat got what he deserved. [face_mischief]

Shada rocked the end of this story! I could totally see "Baby" joining up with the Mistryl Shadow Guards. She's tough enough and got the spunk and spirit for it.

She squinted and looked at my hair needles curiously.

I touched the long, lacquered needles gently. "They work really well to keep the hair out of my eyes. It was a splurge, but they're worth it." I smiled conspiratorially. "They're really easy to modify. The one with the notch on the end works well as a lock pick. You'd be surprised how many people don't use electronic swipelocks on their valuables."

Shada laughed. "Maybe I'll have to get myself some," she said.

SWEET! Inspired origin for Shada's Zenji needles! :D

Beatra. I said the name aloud, trying to get used to it. It was a nice enough name, regal-sounding and dignified. It was so different from my original name of-Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ?¬Å¡Ã?¬Ã?¯Ã?¿Ã?½

Well, I guess it didn't matter what my original name was anymore. But you can be sure as hell it wasn't Baby.

ACK! Now I want to know what her real name was! That's the sign of a great story when the ending is satisfying but still leaves a taste of wanting more.

Brava, diva! [:D]

=D==D==D=

edits: I don't know what is up with the Sith-skrit today. [face_frustrated]

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    =D= =D=

I love it! That ending was beyond perfect, and I love Baby... I'm sorry, Beatra's spunk. (I was still hoping her name would be "Frances Houseman".) I just hope she doesn't GO to Alderaan, though I think she's in the clear with the time-frame here. phew!

I cannot believe you crafted this amazing story from "Patty-Cake". YOu never cease to astound me with what you can come up with and write, girl! Excellent job showing us this side of the story we all know and love. You rock, gal! :*

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    WOOT!! =D= Outstanding story, Sister-pilot! I loved the little tease at the end. This was a delight from beginning to end.

Bravo and well done indeed! =D=

14. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Wow!!! Ultra-cool. I LOVE the first paragraph of the last chapter. So expressive, she's moving on, but she's reluctant to leave everything she loves. I also love the last section. The last sentence is awesome. A citizen of Alderaan, eh? That's cool.

Great story. Thanks for the pms. I've loved following it.

15. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow. I'm surprised it's over, but it fits well. We know she's off now to explore the galaxy and can only hope the best for her. Maybe her luck changes off Tatooine! ;) Thanks for the lovely story. :)

16. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    =D= That was a wonderful ending, full of character and closure.

If I looked back, I would see the ghost of my mother standing there by the cantina door, in her long skirt and her dark hair pulled up, wrapping her arms close as if hugging herself.

Kind of sad and nostalgic, isn't it? She's leaving a miserable, hopeless life, but also many memories behind.

I'm a little concerned for Baby, having residency on Alderaan. But, I guess even if she was a victim of the planet's subsequent obliteration by the Death Star, living there for a time was better than staying on Tatooine.

Later that evening, under the soft night-running lights, I lay in my bunk and tried to absorb all the strange things that had happened. Just that morning I was a waitress in a dive of a cantina. I was one of thousands of people who looked up at the sky for hope, for escape, knowing that the universe is a grim, cold place and it doesn?t grant second chances.

Sometimes, though, the universe has a change of heart. Sometimes a girl gets lucky.

I love that imagery there.

Beatra. I said the name aloud, trying to get used to it. It was a nice enough name, regal-sounding and dignified. It was so different from my original name of?

Well, I guess it didn?t matter what my original name was anymore. But you can be sure as hell it wasn?t Baby.

Awesome ending. We never knew Baby's original identity, but in more ways than one, it really doesn't matter anymore.

@};- @};- @};-

17. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Great ending! I'm really happy for Baby and maybe now she can work with Shada.. coz that would just be sweet! :p

Good job with the whole story!!

18. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Eyes: Thank you! When compared to Luke, she has so little to hold her here but poverty won?t give her the opportunity to leave. She has to be smart to survive, and that turns out to be a marketable skill. o_O

Jedi Trace: Thank you, Trace! I?m glad you liked her. That little part with the Zenji needles was thrown in at the end, but I like it. It?s kind of her way of repaying Shada for the consideration. (And you already guessed what her old name was?just not what her story was!):)

Ginchy: Thanks so much! Yes, technically she is a resident of Alderaan, but she won?t be going there. However, if you think about it, that makes it just that much easier for her to disappear. I thought that Karoly would want a ?green? planet as badly as Baby would, seeing how Emberlee was pretty much ecologically destroyed. :D

Jade_Pilot: Thank you, Sister Pilot! I?m glad you liked it. And that tease at the end has been there all along in my story plot! LOL. But at this point, she really is a different person. No more hanging around cheap cantinas for our girl.:cool:

Rogue_Pilot2347: Thank you! I wanted that first paragraph to be reminiscent of when Anakin leaves Tatooine at age 9. Even if you are living in a horrible place, if it?s the only place you know, there?s a security to it. But she has to get over it and head away. Thank you so much for supporting this story.O:)

Jaya_Solo: Thanks! Yes, anything she does has to be better than the miserable life she was leading before. She has her chance and she intends to make something of it. Ironically, the person who thought he would be using her wound up being the step off the planet for her. [face_shame_on_you]

ROTSfan: You?re right, she?s moved on and become more than she was at the beginning. She never tells us her name, but by the end she has created her own identity, and the old name doesn?t really matter much anymore.

And she doesn?t have to worry about Alderaan. She won?t be going there anyway, and the fact that it is obliterated will work in her favor, making her real identity harder to trace. ;)

Thank you for your reply, and for supporting this story. I?m happy you liked it!

MystralGurl: Thank you! She might work with Shada, she might not. The important thing is for once in her life she has a choice, and it?s her decision. She has the freedom she?s wanted for so long. Thanks for following along![:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.