main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nominations for Chapter President/Vice President

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    As many of you know we're finally going to be sorting out the executive positions for the Midlands Chapter, this weekend. As some of you won't be able to make to the meet this is the thread for you to have your say on the title issue and any other subject you feel we need to cover, there is already a 'December Meet' thread on the private boards - HERE - but as some of our online members haven't signed up to them yet, it seemed only fair to put this up on both boards.

The positions of President and Vice President are, as I understand it are going to be elected roles within the chapter, this isn't going to mean moderator rights on the boards but it is going to mean a lot of hard work and communication with fellow chapter members, the CR, the RSA, other FF-UK CR's and the public. You can use this thread to nominate whomever you wish from the Midlands Chapter, with a short paragraph on why you've nominated that person and yes you can nominate yourself if you want to, the final vote will take place via PM after Saturday's meet, details on that will follow.

Before you type out your nomination please take the time to think about what you want from your President and Vice President but be honest and sensible about whomever you nominate, remember that it's YOUR chapter and YOU are going to have to live with the outcome, so make your vote count.

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Just a quick question here, even though I am a member of the Chapter, I'm not too sure as what to do, with me being the CR as well. Did you want me to make a nomination as well, or do you think I should refrain from making a nomination?

I know this sounds a little like a stupid, and silly question to ask, but I didn't want to make it seem like I am carrying favor, or make it look like I have any bias here, as I think there are a couple of people here that I know that would do a good job.

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok, if you don't mind some advice, why not make private nominations to someone who would not be directly involved in the chapter. This way everyone can make their choice for a nomination heard without fear of attack.

Maybe if Phil has time, since he is the FF-UK RSA, he can take the nominations and then everyone can vote from there. :)

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    errrr that link isnt working!!!

5. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok, I'll take these one at a time.

Mark of course you get to nominate whomever you'd like, I'm sure non of us are going to accuse you of any Bias.

Wendy, that's a good idea but the whole point of doing it this way was to get the opinions of the members that can't make the meet at the weekend, although I am happy to accept PM's from members with their nominations, I think Phill has enough to deal with at the moment, so with Mark's permission and the agreement of the other members I'll carry the can this time around.

Dave, it does help if you log in, it's part of the December meeting thread, on the Midlands Board. This thread was specifically put up for those that are unable to make it on the 17th, so if you could have a word with Izzy if possible Dave, I'd appreciate it.

6. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    my vote has been cast :D

[face_mischief]

7. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    yay me [face_dancing]

don't all congratulate me at once :rolleyes:

:p

Thread Status: