main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    So cute (for lack of a better word because I blanked)!

And... Jacen in a dress? [face_laugh] The very image is hillarious.

Good story thus far. Please continue!

2. JainaTaat

JainaTaat Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2005
    Using my sock since the boards don't like BigFatty for some reason at the moment...

Thank you Fels,
    Red, KT Wyn, and Daena (new reader dance [face_dancing] ). Glad you're enjoying the story thus far.

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade
    stickster
    YodaKenobi
    Killik_Swarm
    WynssaStarflare

3. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Posting early and without beta to celebrate a BUCKEYE victory over m*ch*g*an. [face_dancing]:D[face_dancing]

Huge thanks to Zonoma for letting me harass her with questions for this post. I appreciate the help. :)

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/SONOGRAM.jpg]

This is my first holo. Don?t worry if you can?t see the image immediately, it took me a few years of staring at it to clearly see my head, torso, and left hand.

My parents went out to a fancy dinner for their sixth-month anniversary a month late. Both of them were away on business for their actual anniversary, and it took a couple of weeks for life to settle down enough for them to enjoy an evening to themselves. My father?s gift to my mother was a necklace displaying a Borleian ruby. My mother?s gift to my father was what he calls an impossibly small pink shirt that read ?Daddy?s Little Girl?. It took a moment or two, Mom says, for the meaning of his gift to be realized, but once it was both of my parents were all smiles until the following morning when Mom?s morning sickness kicked in.

My mother swore the dreaded twin curse had befallen her because of how sick she was at the beginning of her pregnancy, but it was just me. In between sessions of emptying her stomach contents, my mother began the pregnancy-long tradition of showing my father just how many languages she can curse in. My father would simply moisten a cloth to press to her forehead and hold her hair out of the way. My mother can be quite a handful on her own, but with hormones swirling in her system?watch out. Never more in his life did Dad deserve his ?I Survived the Goddess? award than during Mom?s pregnancies.

At the start of every week, Dad would crawl into bed with Mom, holding a datapad. It?s not uncommon for Dad to read reports or strategize to calm himself down in order to fall asleep, but this datapad contained different information. Dad would begin to read aloud what was going on with my growth and development during that week. Mom, not looking forward to waking up in the morning only to get sick or to find out just how much larger her stomach had grown during the night, told him that he could lecture at her when he grew a uterus. But both Mom and Dad knew that as soon as Dad went off to morning meetings and simming with his pilots, Mom would find the datapad and find out for herself what I was up to.

Once Mom made it safely into her second trimester, Grandma and Grandpa Solo were invited over for dinner. They had been traveling the galaxy helping to get planets in the Outer Rim back on their feet after the war, or else I?m sure they would have known about becoming grandparents before that night. When they found out, Grandma gave Mom a hug, and Grandpa tried to give Dad a right hook. Later, once Grandpa realized he was going to have another little girl to spoil and this time around it wouldn?t be his problem when she got a boyfriend, he began to be okay with the idea.

After dinner with my maternal grandparents, a call was put into my paternal grandparents. Mom and Dad weren?t able to tell Grandma and Grandpa Fel in person because Dad had resigned from the CEDF. In fact, the only way that he and Mom had been able to go to Csilla after they were engaged was because Grandpa called in some big favors. Two hours after hearing she was to be a grandmother, Grandma had their house on the market and began to check out real estate on Denon.

Word quickly spread through friends and family of my impending arrival. Cousin Ben was disappointed because he wanted to finally get to play with a boy his age instead of Uncle Jacen who too often acted Ben?s age. The family was happy to be discussing something other than a war, which seemed like the only topic they had been able to discuss for most, if not all, of t

4. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Whee!

Yay first!

edit - Aaaanyway.
    This is really cute :D Again. And I love Nawra Mara, haha.

The paragraph about Jaina's favorite thing about being pregnant was also adorable. Eee! ::basks in the warm fuzzies. again:: Thank you for being mushy and non-angsty and sweet. Haha. And for rendering me completely inarticulate which er, has happened a lot lately! [:D]

And yay, Ohio State? :p (Guess: The Ohio State fight song? Haha.) The important thing is that Purdue dominated Indiana (hooray for them not sucking for two weeks in a row :\ My poor team). ::does the Big 10 dance::

5. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Heh? great job!

Except you're giving me nightmares about getting married and then my wife getting morning sickness? *shudders*

KT

6. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Yet again, awesome, BF.

S.

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [:D]

What a wonderful diary!! I love Nawra Jade, her POV, her obvious affection for her family, and her insight into their strengths and weaknesses.

But how in the Milky way did I miss the first post? I must have had a massive brain cramp! So sorry, BF!

Please put me on your PM list...I guess I'm getting too feeble to keep up without a PM

*must take a nap*

old-oldj

8. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job! I love how you are telling these stories. It definately is a unique point of view. I have a feeling Jag should have gotten a metal or something for handling a pregnant Jaina. Great post!

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful post! =D= A unique and well crafted story. [face_dancing]

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    This just continues to be wonderful, Sara! :D

my mother began the pregnancy-long tradition of showing my father just how many languages she can curse in

LOL!! That would be sooooo Jaina! Excellent IC!

My mother can be quite a handful on her own, but with hormones swirling in her system?watch out. Never more in his life did Dad deserve his ?I Survived the Goddess? award than during Mom?s pregnancies.

ROTFL!! And probably also soooo true! [face_laugh]

When they found out, Grandma gave Mom a hug, and Grandpa tried to give Dad a right hook.

And so IC for Han, as well!! I always imagined he would be hard-pressed to let Jaina go--this was wonderful!

But her favorite memories, she told me one day, was when she would wake up in the middle of the night to find Dad whispering to her stomach. She would pretend to be asleep while listening to him tell stories about the woman I was named after, tales of his days with the Chiss, and anecdotes about my family so I would be prepared to handle them when I arrived.

AWWWW!! :_| That's too sweeeet! :D ;) I love the idea that our stoic Jag would do such a tender thing!

There were fights over the mobile that was placed above my crib. Most of the fights were about the position and size of the two X-wings and two clawcraft that comprised it. It would play engine noises of the two crafts, because only members of my family would find such sounds soothing. Mom would rewire it during the day so that it would play the X-wing sound first. Dad would come home after work and rewire it so that the clawcraft?s engine sound would play first. I honestly don?t know how it was still capable of making noise by the time I was born.

Again--ROTFL!! I can so see this happening! And it's just so lovely, in addition to being hilarious!

She went to Grandma and over time Mom realized that Grandma didn?t abandon her kids for her job when they were little. She was honestly trying to make it a better place for them to live in; it?s just that most days that job lasted longer than the usual forty-hour workweek. I think that?s why this was my Grandma?s favorite picture of me.

:_|:_|
    I am so loving the POV and narrative style of this! Everyone is depicted so beautifully and so IC (as far as I'm concerned)! This is a wonderful "diary" (as oldjedinurse so aptly observed), and it's such fun to read!

=D=

FF

11. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    This is such a nice story :)

I really like the way it's written. Nawra's POV shows us how a daughter saw her parents life and how they acted over the years :)

Very cool stuff :)

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww I love it![face_love]

My mother?s gift to my father was what he calls an impossibly small pink shirt that read ?Daddy?s Little Girl?
    That is such a cute way to tell him. I'll have to remember that for the future!

Grandma gave Mom a hug, and Grandpa tried to give Dad a right hook.
    [face_laugh] Yep, that sounds about right!

Cousin Ben was disappointed because he wanted to finally get to play with a boy his age instead of Uncle Jacen who too often acted Ben?s age.

[face_laugh] Ahhh the mental image I get from that! [face_laugh]

the worst offender not surprisingly was Ben who begged and pleaded that one of us kids have the name Oopsi.
    [face_laugh] You gotta love how kids are very forthright. They always say what they think!

Now that I have used the laughing face a million times I'll just say...
    This was a great chapter! I can't wait for more!

13. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    *hugtackles BF* [:D]

This post was one giant Awwwwww!!! interspersed with " [face_laugh] " throughout. I loved it! The antidote for DND.

My father?s gift to my mother was a necklace displaying a Borleian ruby. My mother?s gift to my father was what he calls an impossibly small pink shirt that read ?Daddy?s Little Girl?.
    Aww!!! [face_love]

In between sessions of emptying her stomach contents, my mother began the pregnancy-long tradition of showing my father just how many languages she can curse in.
    ROFL!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

When they found out, Grandma gave Mom a hug, and Grandpa tried to give Dad a right hook.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Cousin Ben was disappointed because he wanted to finally get to play with a boy his age instead of Uncle Jacen who too often acted Ben?s age.
    LOL. Just couldn?t resist that, eh?

I?m just glad they didn?t name me Nawra Mara like my great aunt suggested. Or Oopsi Fel.

[face_laugh] I?m glad too. Nawra Jade is a wonderful name.

Can't wait for more. :)

14. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    I would do replies tonight, but I just spent 9.5 hours babysitting 3-year-old twin girls, and I'm a little tired.

15. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    So you basically just worked 19 hours!! [face_tired]:(

S.

16. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005

[face_laugh]That was great!

For someone who has never been pregnant before, you certainly captured the essence of it between late due dates, hormonal swings, and fat clothes. And the puking. [face_sick] Ungh. I puked for nine months both times and my mother never puked even once with me! How fair is that, I ask you?

17. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    My mother?s gift to my father was what he calls an impossibly small pink shirt that read ?Daddy?s Little Girl?. It took a moment or two, Mom says, for the meaning of his gift to be realized, but once it was both of my parents were all smiles

Aww, I really like that :D [face_love]

[face_laugh]

Of course when he was showing the picture off, he would always mention how I had my left hand raised as if I were piloting a clawcraft.

Cute! :D

Great post, Fatty :) Lots of great humor throughout this and I love the POV you've chosen. The characters all seem to work and it really is a lovely story. Gives a great view of the Solo family and Jaina and Jag.

Post more soon :)

-Cookies to whoever knows what song is sung after a Buckeye football game.

They sing "It's Raining Men," at the end of Buckeye games.

I'll take my cookies now :cool:

18. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Great update! :D I love how you manage to make this so sweet and so hilarious at the same time. [face_love]

19. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    stickster: Congrats on getting first reply. :) Glad you liked the story. And while I may attend Ohio State, I am a Hoosier at heart. So we'll just forget that you and Wyn go to Purdon't. :p

KT: Thanks. And don't worry, may be you (or better yet your future wife) will be lucky and have mild morning sickness. ;)

skywalker: Glad you liked it. And thankfully my roommate helped me babysit yesterday, so it wasn't too bad. Except when one of them went on and off for 6 hours about "I need my mommy". [face_plain]

oldj: I was wondering when you were going to show your face around here. It's weird because I've lost half of my regular readers from before, but have a ton of new ones, which is fun. Anyway... glad you're liking the story.

Wynssa: Thank you

VaderLRV: Thank you very much, and have fun in Florida.

FF: Glad you think everyone is in character, that's allows one of my biggest goals when writing.

Chimpo: Thank you

mavjade: Glad someone caught the "Oops I fell" joke. ;) Thanks for reading.

Red: *hugtackles Red* [:D] No I can't totally forget about canon while writing AU. But I'm glad I can prescribe anti-depressants to you guys. ;)

Zonoma: [face_relief]--glad I can pull of realistic pregnancy commentaries. That was another fear for this post. I don't think my mom got very sick with either my sister or I. And she had super short labor times. Watch be sick all nine months and be in labor for days. And I'll update when you update. ;)

YK: Nice try with the song, but it's wrong. Glad you like the POV, because I may or may not have borrowed the idea for somewhat from I, Jaina. [face_whistling]

jedi o' ennth: Thank you.

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade
    stickster
    YodaKenobi
    Killik_Swarm
    WynssaStarflare
    oldj

Pelase let me know if you want on or off the list. :)

20. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    well...it took me a while, but i found it. Good job BigFatty....i really like it!

MaraJ

p.s:...i'd like to be on the PM list too

21. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Aww, this is great BF!! What a cute idea to have your J/J storyline continued through their daughter recounting events. I would love to be added to the PM list also please!

22. Fiana_Novarr

Fiana_Novarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Awwwww - that has got to be the cutest story ever ... [face_love] :* [:D] Makes you wanna hug it and never let go ...

You see, I would quote my favorite parts - but I can't copy your whole two posts in here, can I? So I'll just say that I totally adore this. And bookmarked it to read after I read an update from some of my other favorite authors (the majority of which seem to be rather angsty). Ohh, while I'm mentioning favorite authors ...

*runs off to check whether you have other stories*

*stops & turns*

And could I possibly be on your update list, please? You have one, right?

Thanks a bunch, I am so very much looking forward to the next update! Can we expect it anytime soon??

Ys, Fia

23. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    MaraJ: Glad you found the story and like what you're reading.

Cheers: Thank you.

Fia: New reader dance! [face_dancing] I do have other stories, links are in my profile. I'm going to do my best to get the next update written while home on Thanksgiving break.

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade
    stickster
    YodaKenobi
    Killik_Swarm
    WynssaStarflare
    oldj
    MaraJade
    Cheersweetie
    Fiana_Novarr

24. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    my mother began the pregnancy-long tradition of showing my father just how many languages she can curse in. [face_laugh]

he could lecture at her when he grew a uterus. [face_laugh] Men having kids. Now that's something I would love to see.

Grandpa tried to give Dad a right hook. Later, once Grandpa realized he was going to have another little girl to spoil and this time around it wouldn?t be his problem when she got a boyfriend, he began to be okay with the idea. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That is so Han!

Jag's little habits are cute.

Aww, good, things are patched up.

Great update!

I'll go on the list.

25. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Glad you like it Fels. :D.

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade
    stickster
    YodaKenobi
    Killik_Swarm
    WynssaStarflare
    oldj
    MaraJade
    Cheersweetie
    Fiana_Novarr
    FelsGoddess

If my sister drives us down to Bloomington, I'll start writing on the next post. If I have to drive, well, I can multitask, but I'm not that good.

And to all my fellow Americans:

HAPPY TURKEY DAY! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.