main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
  2. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks, Padawan. :)

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/WynFelFinalColorbutton.jpg]

This is a recent holo of my aunt, Wyn. What do you do when you are the daughter of one of the most famous actresses and fiercest Imperial the galaxy has seen? You become a lawyer, of course.

Dad takes strongly after his father, and uses bits of acting lessons from Grandma when they come in handy, but my aunt is the perfect mixture of Syal and Soontir Fel. She spends her life fighting for a cause she believes in firmly and does it to protect people. Granted, most people would say that this sentiment was not the company line for the Empire in its day, but it is the ideal my grandfather fought for. And in order to accomplish these goals, Aunt Wyn relies heavily on every industry secret her mother told her. She can read people's emotions better than some Jedi, and knows exactly how to play on those feelings to get her mission accomplished.

Who does she work for you ask? The Asha Fel Foundation. Family is another crucial part of life instilled in Aunt Wynssa from her parents. She already had a law degree and was serving as an attorney in Coruscant?s private sector, but was known for taking on pro bono cases for causes she felt were important. When we lost Asha, my family knew there would be mountains worth of legal work that would have to be done. Dad didn?t even have to call Aunt Wyn to ask if she would help; she commed us to say that she had already packed her personal shuttle and would be on Ossus as fast as her engines could fly her.

From then on she has spent almost as much time as Mom working on bringing children home and prosecuting those who took them away. Before she began her work at the Foundation, she was a lawyer most beings feared to face in the courtroom; since then her reputation has only grown more famous and ferocious. Aunt Wyn has gone up against some of the biggest and baddest the galaxy has to offer and left them quaking in her wake. Ignorant criminals look across the table at the petite blond and scoff at the rumors they have heard about her work. It usually does not take long before they realize the rumors are more than accurate and the petite blond who moments ago seemed demure and polite was now their worst nightmare.

Dad, being the ever-protective older brother, used to worry that Aunt Wyn was spending a little too much time doing her work. Don?t get me wrong, he was extremely grateful, and at times in awe, of the things she was accomplishing whether it be putting away criminals or pushing new legislation?not that he was often willing to admit he was in awe of his little sister. But as hard as she fought for our family, she still had yet to start one of her own--that is until one rainy day.

One particular and forgetful day she ran late for a meeting back on Coruscant. It was raining like mad and everything that could have gone wrong for Aunt Wyn did. She forgot a datapad she needed, so she ran back to her apartment to get it. Wyn retrieved the datapad only to leave her waterproof cloak in her apartment, whose door?s wiring was now acting up and refusing her passcode as valid. She could have hotwired an entry back into her apartment, but was running even later by then so decided to leave without it. Her speeder was in the shop and she missed the transport to her office, and for some reason she thought it would be faster for her to walk there. Long story short, she showed up dripping wet and extremely late for a meeting with a now waterlogged and malfunctioning datapad. There are more parts to the story, but even at my current age Dad believes that Aunt Wyn?s version of the story contains to many? colorful words and elements to share.

So, of course, it would be in that state that she would meet her future husband, Wes. No, not Janson. He?s old and that?s gross. Wes Brotick was a lawyer who grew up on Thyferra and had an office there. He had been working on prosecuting a child offender

3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    but even at my current age Dad believes that Aunt Wyn?s version of the story contains to many? colorful words and elements to share.

[face_laugh] sounds like Wyn!

So, of course, it would be in that state that she would meet her future husband, Wes. No, not Janson. He?s old and that?s gross.

that...was...freaking....hilarious!!!! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

but she?s always been a sucker for men with brown hair and brown eyes, hence her first crush: Uncle Jacen.

awww :)

such a great update

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great update!

Aunt Wyn accepted the offer and over nerf steaks the two of them started one long debate that they have yet to stop having. They are constantly arguing one point or another. Wes was later hired on to work for the Foundation, and shortly after that he and Wyn eloped. Everyone expected her of all people to have a big wedding, but Aunt Wyn said she wanted one day that would be free of drama. She and Wes packed everyone?my parents, my siblings, my grandfather, and myself?onto a shuttle for what we were told was going to be a test flight of their new craft. We made a quick trip to a planet named Nrost, which while quiet is famous for accommodating quick marriages that are still recognized by the majority of the galaxy?s governments. That day the fellow lawyers and co-workers became husband and wife and they?ve been dancing with words so quickly and strategically that they leave everyone else?s heads spinning.

=D=

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    meet her future husband, Wes. No, not Janson. He?s old and that?s gross.

[face_laugh] Poor Wes. Everyone else is just older but he's old and gross. [face_laugh]

but she?s always been a sucker for men with brown hair and brown eyes, hence her first crush: Uncle Jacen. And, of course, we still have yet to let her live that one down.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I'm sure they haven't.

I'm glad to see a chapter about Wyn. Can't leave her out of the family album.

Great update. And you and oldj did a great job with this portrait.

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Fabulous!!

What do you do when you are the daughter of one of the most famous actresses and fiercest Imperial the galaxy has seen? You become a lawyer, of course.

I was on the floor laughing from the first paragraph! You must know some lawyers... ;)

she was a lawyer most beings feared to face in the courtroom; since then her reputation has only grown more famous and ferocious. Aunt Wyn has gone up against some of the biggest and baddest the galaxy has to offer and left them quaking in her wake. Ignorant criminals look across the table at the petite blond and scoff at the rumors they have heard about her work. It usually does not take long before they realize the rumors are more than accurate and the petite blond who moments ago seemed demure and polite was now their worst nightmare.

Go, Wyn!! We need more attorneys in this world like her--with good values and "ferocity!"

I love reading about how this family met their mates (or is it met their "matches...?" ;) )--it's always such a great story, and Wyn's is no exception!

So, of course, it would be in that state that she would meet her future husband, Wes. No, not Janson. He?s old and that?s gross.

I, like everyone so far, was ROTFL over this!! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

she?s always been a sucker for men with brown hair and brown eyes, hence her first crush: Uncle Jacen. And, of course, we still have yet to let her live that one down.

Awww! And she probably still, to this day, holds a warm place in her heart for Uncle Jacen (first crushes are like that! ;) )!

That day the fellow lawyers and co-workers became husband and wife and they?ve been dancing with words so quickly and strategically that they leave everyone else?s heads spinning.

Perfect close! What a wonderful introduction to Aunt Wyn--she sounds like a woman I'd be honored to know!

And amazing portrait, oldjedinurse! I love this one: she looks just like I would expect, demure, sitting in the courtroom--just before she pounces, lol! Beautiful job, both of you!

FF

7. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Haha, almost seems inevitable she'd marry another lawyer. Don't'cha just hate it when everything goes wrong? :p

KT

8. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Wonderful, long-awaited update! I think this is a great story for Wyn. Sounds and feels like "canon" to me! *Wishful thinking*

I love the way you keep the rest of the characters (Jag, especially) moving along so consistently.

Great job!! =D= =D= =D=

oldj

9. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Another wonderful addition to the album.=D=

10. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I thought I had posted here somewhere along the way... but I guess not.

I have read these and I think it's really cool to have these vingettes assembled like this with the pictures at the beginning of each and all being interconnected.

Nice job, BigFatty!
    :D

11. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    How do you continue to expand on the family stories and yet make them feel so natural? Bravo!1![:D]

12. trick-of-the-light

trick-of-the-light Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up :) Lovely addition as always. Laughed at the comment about Wes Janson. Poor guy [face_laugh]

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Alright I know other people have quoted this line but I laughed out loud

So, of course, it would be in that state that she would meet her future husband, Wes. No, not Janson. He?s old and that?s gross

LOL

Excellent
    Happy New Year!

14. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I saved the galaxy at seven years old! (not)
    While this whole post made me cringe (strictly because I am the mother of two very curious and active boys), the line that caught my attention the most was:

Judging from the look my mother gave me she heard what I was thinking. Thankfully, Dad made the rule that as long as you refrain from saying the thoughts Mom may pick up on, you stay out of trouble.

All I could think for a moment was ?How much would that suck?? I mean, when I was 7, I was pretty convinced that my mom could read my mind ? but to KNOW that your mom could?*shivers* Excellent rule, go Jag!

[face_thinking] Still, being able to definitely read the boys? minds would be advantageous?.

About the art: This is an incredibly beautiful portrait! And the coloring just?fits. Very well done. =D=

War in Every Generation
    Oh wow. I remember talking with you about this post, and even reading it right after you posted (sorry,[face_blush] I lurk sometimes). My point is this: This is still as good as I thought then.

I just noticed, though, that you never came out and said what she ?found out this morning??. If you stuck with what we discussed I already know, but you never said it? and I like that. You hint and tease, but never say.

*nods* I am not afraid for my family that is old enough to care for themselves, either. It is the future I fear for in the case of war. This post strikes almost too close to home these days to *searches for word* enjoy, maybe? No, because it was well written and made me squirm in sympathy. But, yeah. The dread and acceptance of what will come were clearly conveyed.

Ice Princess
    First of all: I don?t tell you your writing ?sucks?? I just point out where you aren?t living up to your incredible potential? so there.:p

And this post is beautiful! I could completely see this woman you?ve introduced us to ?peeking? into his head, and then immediately regretting it when she found nothing to fault him with. Especially since she had never been in love. *sigh* Genetic disorder, or Female trait? Who knows?

Wyn
    [face_laugh]A lawyer? How perfect! Good call.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

Details like Wyn?s first crush, and ?the story? and ?colorful words?? well, these are just another reason to love this story, Sara. Well done and when?s the next one? [face_batting]

Z

15. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    This is a recent holo of my aunt, Wyn.

Great art, my dear! That hairdo is on the edge, yet cool and respectable. Very nice!

What do you do when you are the daughter of one of the most famous actresses and fiercest Imperial the galaxy has seen? You become a lawyer, of course.

Certainly would prepare you to deal with anything and everything that came at you huh? And lawyers need that kind of skill. I bet she kicks some serious back-end.

Before she began her work at the Foundation, she was a lawyer most beings feared to face in the courtroom; since then her reputation has only grown more famous and ferocious? Ignorant criminals look across the table at the petite blond and scoff at the rumors they have heard about her work. It usually does not take long before they realize the rumors are more than accurate and the petite blond who moments ago seemed demure and polite was now their worst nightmare.

Yep. [face_mischief] Sounds like a Fel. Rock On.

There are more parts to the story, but even at my current age Dad believes that Aunt Wyn?s version of the story contains to many? colorful words and elements to share.

8-} Sounds like a day from all nine Corellian Hells, that?s for certain.

So, of course, it would be in that state that she would meet her future husband, Wes.

But out of such disarray and darkness, the best and sweetest things sometimes come.

No, not Janson. He?s old and that?s gross.

Just like everyone else, this line cracked me up. Poor Janson. He?s a war hero. Surely he can get a girl? The question is, can he keep one???

Normally, Aunt Wyn scoffed at dinner invitations from fellow layers, but she?s always been a sucker for men with brown hair and brown eyes, hence her first crush: Uncle Jacen.

Poor kid. I bet she never did live that down. Not that you can blame her. When he?s not Sithly, he?s really hot! [face_love]

Everyone expected her of all people to have a big wedding, but Aunt Wyn said she wanted one day that would be free of drama.

What?! That was half the fun!

She and Wes packed everyone?my parents, my siblings, my grandfather, and myself?onto a shuttle for what we were told was going to be a test flight of their new craft.

Sneaky. Wait! Where?s Syal?

That day the fellow lawyers and co-workers became husband and wife and they?ve been dancing with words so quickly and strategically that they leave everyone else?s heads spinning.

[face_laugh] Fantastic! In true lawyer style, no doubt! Great update! When do we hear more about the next level of Nawra?s relationship? And what about Jacen? Did he ever get together with? anyone? I?m just loving this, Piggy. Keep up the good work!

Telanna'tani

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002

[face_laugh] Too funny :D

I love this post!! It's great that Wyn is working to help the Foundation and those kids; that's a wonderful thing to do :) And the story of her rotten, rainy day was really funny :D I can imagine her cursing all the way through it [face_laugh]

And the art is fabulous as well, oldj :D

Great post!!!

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Wes!

Great update!

18. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    swpants: Thank you

VaderLVR: Thanks

Lola: It's not that Wes himself is gross, but would you want your aunt to marry someone who is the same age as and friends with your grandfather? I wouldn't. So Wes himself is not gross; the idea of him marrying is totally gross. And yes, oldj did a great job with this. I have another couple of hers waiting in the wings that I can't wait to show off... once I figure out what to write about them.

FF: Thanks so much. [:D]

KT: Thanks for reading.

oldj: Thank you very much [:D]

PRINCESS: Thanks

Solo_and_Fel: New reader dance! [face_dancing] Welcome and thanks for reading.

TSF: Aww, thanks. [face_blush] Honestly, it's a curse of an overactive imagination.

trick: Thank you

jade: Happy New Year to you, too.

Z: First, thanks for catching up. As for the war in every generation post, I'm still planning on going with that. Apparently my subtle hints are a little too subtle. It means a lot that you would take the time to not only catch up but to leave such great comments. Gracias, chica. And I'm not sure when the next update will be, but I'm sure it will come before one of yours. :p

Padawan: Congrats on being the only one to bring up one of my apparently too subtle nudges. ;) I'll get to that in a later post. But I will answer some of your questions. Jacen never marries (see post started with the picture of Tenel Ka), and I think (unless I get some art about it) the current phase of Nawra's life will be restricted to Betwixt & Between (which needs updated badly). I've got some ideas on that last one, but haven't finalized anything. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Nat: Thank you

Fels: Thanks

19. JainaandJag4ever

JainaandJag4ever Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2006
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! She had a crush on Jacen. Although I have to admit he's hot.;)

20. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

21. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Nice update. :) I've always liked Wyn, and as always you managed to bring out a lot of personality in this update. :) I especially like the fact that she became a lawyer, since it's not a profession you hear a lot about in profic, where every other character seems to be a starfighter pilot or a Jedi Knight! So it's nice to see a character like Wyn take on a more "normal" (but just as heroic, in its own way ;)) profession. :)

22. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Anothing good post =D= Nice job, Fatty. And I really like the artwork, oldj & Fatty :D

23. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    JaJ4ever: That tidbit is actually (somewhat) canon. But she was a young teenager (if that) at the time, so we can't really fault her.

Padawan: Thanks

j_o_e: Yes, there are normal people in the GFFA, too. And I'm starting to like writing them more and more.

Yobi: Thank you very much. And yes, big =D= to oldj.

24. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/BellyKissColor2button.jpg]

I love my dad. I?ll be the first to admit that he is not the perfect father, but he gets the job done more often than not.

I?m not sure which of his kids he?s trying to kiss through Mom?s stomach in this holo. Nik would tell you it is probably me. It is not my fault that by the time my parents had three children taking holos of them was no longer a top priority.

Sadly, very few of my inherited traits come from my father. There have been a great number of times where I directed anything from verbal jabs to all out tongue lashings at my mother for passing on too many dominant genes. Whenever I bring this up she tells me to take my complaints to my grandmother, who cursed my mother at the age of ten with one of the worst things you can tell a child: ?When you grow up, I hope you have a daughter who acts just like you.?

Wait a minute. My mother said those exact same words to me when I was eleven. Shavit. That is not one of the memories I wanted to remember this morning. For his sake, Airen better live up to all the bragging and boasting he did?rather, does?about his manliness when we agreed to do this.

What was I originally talking about? Right, my dad. Sithspit, I hope the talk Airen and I have with my parents goes better than the talk Mom and Dad had with her parents. But if the way Dad acted at our wedding serves as any sort of sign, I think we might be okay. Sure Dad stayed quiet and withdrawn during ceremony preparations; asked me about two hundred times the morning of the big day, ?Are you sure this is what you really want??; started his toast at the reception with, ?Whoever said, ?You?re not losing a daughter but gaining a son? lied?, but things could have been worse.

Airen and I had a small wedding ceremony. The reason he formerly served in Black Ops for Alliance Intelligence was because he grew up an only child in one of Corellia?s orphanages. I was tempted to follow my mother?s footsteps and put my brothers on my side, but decided Airen and I would go without attendants standing with us at the ceremony. On the big day, Gavin and Nik walked Mom down the aisle. The three minutes between when they walked into the gardens at the Jedi Praxeum and when Dad and I made our entrance will never fade from my memory. The closer we got to the ceremony, the quieter and less prone to make eye contact he became. I had a dress made for the occasion, but used Mom?s veil. I loved that thing growing up. I would beg Mom to let me wear it around the house when playing dress up, even if I wasn?t pretending to be a bride at the time. I knew as we stood outside the garden?s entrance that when Dad looked at me he still saw the seven-year-old girl wearing a precariously positioned piece of opaque material trailing nearly a meter behind her, and not the thirty-year-old woman standing at his side. And I?ll be free to admit that part of me felt like I was only as tall as his thigh and could only wrap my hand around two of his fingers at that moment. The myriad emotions radiating off him in the Force alone were enough to burn the memory in my mind. Yes, he was reluctant to officially give up his position as the most important man in my life, but he loved me, was proud of my decision, and was happy to see me move on to this phase of my life. But regardless of that, I was still his little girl.

Like I said, I am my mother?s child. With all that deep emotion and meaning swirling around us, I started to grow uncomfortable, so I asked Dad if he thought he could run in and make a distraction because I really had to use the ?fresher. Dad lowered his head, allowed his shoulders to shake a couple of times, and tightened his grip on my hand. It was then that he was brave enough to look at me, and I could see the tears he was fighting to hold back, which then of course made me start to fight against crying. Luckily, at that moment my mother nudged my mind signaling it was time for us to walk down the a

25. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    that was so cute. I'm crying, but they're happy tears. I can definitely see Jag's hard shell cracking when his daughter gets married. Almost all fathers do. Their daughters are their biggest weakness.

That was such a great entry *feels warm & fuzzy inside*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.