main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    this is SO great!!

add me to the PM list to BF

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Sorry I haven't gotten to post a reply until now.

It was amazing.

I got so much information about 9 months before she was born.

My favorite part was when Syal Fel found out about the baby and put her house up for sale so she could move near her son's family.

A very pleasant distraction from all the J/J angst.

Wonderful post Sara.

3. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    What an adorable story you have going on here, BF! It's really different and unique with the little scrap booking idea.

I'd love to be added to the PM list.

[:D] Aiel.

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Sorry about not having a post ready yet.

Spent Thursday with the family. Spent Friday taking care of my sister who came down with the flu. Spent Saturday taking care of myself who came down with the flu.

I have the first 1/3 or so written and promsie to get it up as soon as possible. Posting is going to be slow over the next couple of weeks since this Monday starts the last week of classes and the week after that is finals.

Best of luck to my fellow college students on exams
    . [face_coffee]

5. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Later, once Grandpa realized he was going to have another little girl to spoil and this time around it wouldn?t be his problem when she got a boyfriend, he began to be okay with the idea.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's not nice Han!!:D

Cousin Ben was disappointed because he wanted to finally get to play with a boy his age instead of Uncle Jacen who too often acted Ben?s age.
    [face_laugh] o_O Jacen usually acts Ben's age?

And the arguements over the X-Wing/Clawcraft mobile.... Classic, predicatable, but absolutly classic!

Loving how you've written this, its a great way to do it! Please add me to the PM list!

~Misha

6. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    this is awesome!!! exactly what i want to happen!!!

Never more in his life did Dad deserve his ?I Survived the Goddess? award than during Mom?s pregnancies.

[face_laugh] Poor Jaggie! please put me on the PM list! this is wonderful!

7. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    Dude I can't believe it took me this long to get around to reading this, IT'S AWESOME!
    I can't wait for the next post.

Umm...yeah, hate to make you add another person to your PM list, but could you possibly add me to the list. Thanks?kt

8. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    goddess: Thank you :)

Lola: As always, better late than never to have you around. ;) I'm glad you're liking the story.

Aiel: New reader dance! [face_dancing] Thanks for reading. :)

Misha: Another new reader dance! [face_dancing] Happy to see people enjoy themselves. And Jacen doesn't always act Ben's age. That was a just a momentary slip of Denning-centered anger that got through.

SF_RG: A third new reader dance! [face_dancing] Thank you :)

kt: Glad you finally found your way here. And the more the merrier on the PM list.

The good news: I'm feeling healthy again.

The bad news: Still very much stretched on time, but I'll do my best. This will more than likely be a little escape for me during the madness that is finals. Thank you for your patience.

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade
    stickster
    YodaKenobi
    Killik_Swarm
    WynssaStarflare
    oldj
    MaraJade
    Cheersweetie
    Fiana_Novarr
    FelsGoddess
    goddess45
    Aiel
    Dreaming Ice
    SoloFel_RebelGirl
    crackjacks

9. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Good luck on your finals. This is how I felt after finals in college. [face_beatup][face_tired][face_sick]

S.

10. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    It's entirely possible that tissues may be needed with this post, but I don't know. Please don't hate me.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/HanLeia.jpg]

This is, in my humble opinion, the quintessential image of my grandparents.

Now before I get any further, do not think that I favor one set of grandparents over the other?I don?t. I am just going to be discussing the Solo side of the family for a bit.

This holo was taken on Bespin when my grandparents were fleeing the Empire. The whole scenario to me is just bizarre. My grandmother was being held captive by her father because she was involved in a rebellion that was started by her mother. She was on the verge of starting a relationship with my grandfather, but was afraid to do so because?wait for it?her brother had a crush on her.

And you thought your family was screwed up.

Yes, I know at the time Grandma Leia and Great Uncle Luke didn?t know they were related. And at the time it wasn?t known that Darth Vader was my great-grandfather, and that the identity of my great-grandmother was a mystery to my family, but it?s still bizarre.

Enough of my getting sidetracked over the warped shape of my family tree, back to the holo.

The holo was taken by a security feed in the suite my grandparents were staying in while visiting Cloud City. While Artoo was doing hero work inside the city computer databank, he accessed all the files that were available on his companions, including the security feed in their suite.

A month after Grandpa had been captured by Boba Fett and taken to Jabba the Hutt to serve as wall décor, my grandmother received a message from Artoo. The only thing in the message was this holo. Leave it a droid that was originally created to service mechanical repairs to better understand human relationships and emotions than his human-cyborg relations-centered counterpart.

This is the thing I will remember my grandparents for: their love for each other. Sure they saved billions of lives and fought back evil governments and enemies, but that is not their legacy. Their legacy is the look in their eyes they had for each other.

It was a long standing rule that whenever you entered an area where you knew Grandma and Grandpa were that you would always make a lot of noise on your approach; if you didn?t, you might walk in on something you?d rather not see your parents?or grandparents?doing. The grayer their hair grew the younger they seemed to be, especially around each other.

My mother and father would take turns telling stories at bedtime when my sister, brothers, and I were growing up. Dad would always tell fables or something that would have a moral for us to learn at the end. Granted, by the time the story progressed to the tidbit of information we were supposed to be taught for the night we had already fallen asleep, but you can?t blame him for trying. Mom on the other hand would tell us fairy tales.

Most fairy tales told to children involve a princess being rescued by a handsome prince. Our fairy tales did have a princess, but a scoundrel in a rusty bucket of bolts who rescued her. My brothers hated hearing these ?mushy? stories; my sister and I could not get enough of them.

Mom would tell us of something as small as a look shared between them, a sparkle in someone?s eyes, or a lopsided grin and stretch it out to last for thirty minutes of storytelling. She would tell us about the emotions behind those things, and then put those feelings into waves of love she would wash over us through the Force. It was like falling asleep to the feeling of everyone in your family giving you a massive hug. What I wouldn?t give to be nine again and tucked in under my sheets.

I am fairly certain that my grandparents fell madly in love with each other as soon as they met. It wasn?t the typical fairy tale where the dashing hero sweeps the distraught princess out of her troublesome scenario and then they would ride off together into the sunset. My grandm

11. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    :_|You are right. This was a tissue warning and such a beautiful ending to the pair that started it all. I loved the midnight hug.

12. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    so sadly awesome!!! love it, love it, love it!!!

13. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Cute, touching and funny!

My grandmother was being held captive by her father because she was involved in a rebellion that was started by her mother. She was on the verge of starting a relationship with my grandfather, but was afraid to do so becauseâ??wait for itâ??her brother had a crush on her.

And you thought your family was screwed up.

Is totally quotable! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

14. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Aw? *is touched* How sweet!

*tears fall*

KT

15. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    that made me cry BF. That was so great but so sad... awesomeness of a post

16. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

:_| :_| :_| :_|

It's so true . . . they could give each other looks that shook you to the core. :_|

17. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Awww...that is so true about Han and Leia though. Great job!

18. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **blows nose on third tissue and finally takes up keyboard**

:_|:_|:_|

Oh, Sara, I blubbered like a baby!! Everything is so in-character for them, so utterly believable--particularly the remembrances of the "narrator" when she was young...

"The grayer their hair grew the younger they seemed to be, especially around each other."

I loved that--it would seem so right for them! And it warms my heart to imagine it--that all the many sorrows of their lives and their life together would ease in their golden years, and they could be happy and playful again! Wonderful!

"Our fairy tales did have a princess, but she was rescued by a scoundrel in a rusty bucket of bolts."

Perfect!!

"She would have taken his hand and said, ?I love you, Scoundrel.? He would have said, ?I know, Princess.? And they would share one last kiss."

WAAAAHHHH!!!! :_|:_| I totally lost it right here--and it's exactly how the moment would have transpired...

=D=

Lovely, lovely post!

FF

19. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Beautiful update! =D=

This holo was taken on Bespin when my grandparents were fleeing the Empire. The whole scenario to me is just bizarre. My grandmother was being held captive by her father because she was involved in a rebellion that was started by her mother. She was on the verge of starting a relationship with my grandfather, but was afraid to do so because?wait for it?her brother had a crush on her.

[face_laugh] It does kind of make your head spin. 8-}

But this is how they always seemed to be, constantly showing their love for each other. Whether it was in playful banter, full-blown arguments, or being a hairsbreadth away from a kiss, they just could not get enough of each other.

That captures Han and Leia so perfectly. =D=

No one knows what their last conversation was, but I have a pretty good idea. Grandma would have said that they wouldn?t be in this situation if Grandpa didn?t fly a rusted bucket of bolts. Grandpa would have said he could have kept the ship in top shape with new parts if Grandma hadn?t spent so many credits on outfits for diplomatic occasions. She would have taken his hand and said, ?I love you, Scoundrel.? He would have said, ?I know, Princess.? And they would share one last kiss.

:_| [face_love] Again, that's perfect Han and Leia.

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    *Need*

*More*

*Tissues*

*Sniff*

Beautiful, BF, just beautiful. A perfect portrait of Han and Leia through the eyes of a granddaughter who loved them well.

oldj

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Awwww, what an end for them! Very well written!

22. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    :_|

Leave it a droid that was originally created to service mechanical repairs to better understand human relationships and emotions than his human-cyborg relations-centered counterpart.

[face_laugh] I love that line. Says a lot about R2...

23. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

The picture that you painted (not the artwork, though that was great too) was so vivid.

S.

24. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    :_|:_|

Not Han and Leia!!!!!

I knew they had to die one day...but I was hoping that would happen in fics I didn't like...:_|

Great update, even if I'm saddened by it. Sorry I've been spacey with reviews, but I have been keeping up. [:D] I like the POV thing - it's a nice change to view things from their daughter's eyes.

25. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    OMIGOD! OMIGOD! :_| :_| :_|

I don't hate you at all BF, but still, OMIGOD!

It was beautifully written, I just don't take death very well, [looks over at her ripped and torn copy of Star by Star] ahem.

Great work, hugs [:D] for the PM and please go on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.