main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Gabri: First, thank you so much for coming and reading this, especially in one day. That's one of the best compliments I can ever get.

Jag is (obviously) one of my favorites too. I can just see his Corellian blod getting a chance to thaw a little the more time he spends with Jaina.

I'm glad you think the story went smoothly. It wasn't till I got a bit into this one that I realized that this was a completely new way around here to tell a story and I kind of freaked about it, but I'm glad you and others think it goes well. Thanks again for reading.

And if you want to read the interview she's talking about in Resource, then click here.

This reply also marks the 800th post for this story. I can't really wrap my head around that, but I know enough to say THANK YOU!!!

2. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I've been gone forever it feels like, but wanted to make sure I said how much I've loved this story! The personal dynamics are so wonderful!

3. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    TSF: Thanks so much for coming back and reading. I'm so glad you enjoyed this story. :)

4. emerald54

emerald54 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    I don't usually wander onto the Beyond boards, but this is more then enough reason to do so. I love how you can interlace bits of humor into a very serious matter. It's not often that I can find someone that can do that.

Keep writing, your good at it. :)

5. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005

Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by and read this story. As soon as I get some free time, I have a couple of things I need to write out. Thanks for the encouragement.

6. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
  7. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005

Thank you very much.
    :)

8. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Fantastic.

I clicked just out of curiosity, and I ended up spending a couple of hours just reading. The characters are all very well-developed and interesting, and I love the accompanying artwork.

9. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you very much. [face_blush] And yes, the artists were amazing for me and this story.

10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I admit to not returning to this story as a reviewer... Sorry about that, BigFatty...

And so, because I really, really am catching up... review!

Nawra's First Photo/sonogram: Awwwwww! (I can so understand Leia's point of view and why it'd be her fave... it's what brought Jaina back to her, in a way.)

The Han & Leia Entry... The whole scenario to me is just bizarre. My grandmother was being held captive by her father because she was involved in a rebellion that was started by her mother. She was on the verge of starting a relationship with my grandfather, but was afraid to do so because?wait for it?her brother had a crush on her.

And you thought your family was screwed up.

So their's is a bit more screwy than most... it's Yoda's fault! (I liked that passage... :) )

What I wouldn?t give to be nine again and tucked in under my sheets.

Awwwwww...

What happened to Han and Leia was just... :_| Wow... and yeah... that sounds like a last conversation they'd have had...

First Fel Family Portrait... so, so cute.

?This is the child of Jagged Fel,? she told people, ?of course she will be prompt and exactly on time.? Unfortunately, I inherited my mother?s timing, not my father?s.

[face_laugh] Jaina... it just don't work like that...

The doctor delivered me, cleaned me off, and?in Dad?s words?passed a ?screaming, bloody, mushy thing? to him. I just love that particular description of me. He took me in his arms and said, ?Nawra Jade, it?s okay.? I must have recognized his voice because I immediately stopped crying.

Awwwww... (Jag is so the man.)

Gavin... I could see Jag taking it litterally... :)

Do not think for a second that Great Uncle Luke never had faith in Ben about being a great Jedi and wonderful leader for the Jedi Council; that is not the case. Ben is a great Jedi, but Gavin was born to become a Jedi. It is a difficult thing to describe.

Difficult, yes, but I think she explained it perfectly, there...

When my parents were reunited after the war, they decided that they were going to take a break from their respective duties to attempt to live a normal life for once. They did this till they were married for four months.

With personalities like theirs, that's amazing... And Jaina holding a semi-political office... could so see that.

So when Mom did not have to report into the government, which thankfully for everyone involved was not too often, she was charged with training Jedi and non-Jedi pilots to fly together in squadrons. She taught them to learn from each other and to fly together. She showed her pilots that just because one can feel the Force does not mean that you can?t get your butt kicked by someone who is blind to it. She called this the Deconstruction Phase. It was the time where she tore down stereotypes she had to put up with for most of her life.

Don't all people have to unlearn to learn about themselves all over again? Liked that... :)

Masters like Great Uncle Luke would have felt guilty for taking advantage of a padawan in such a way, but not Mom. Masters like Great Uncle Luke would have played down their strength for the beginning of the fight and let the padawan gain some confidence before beating them, but not Mom. This particular round lasted all of seventeen seconds.

Hey, if it helps them to learn, then maybe her kicking his behind was a good thing... Also: [face_laugh]

I'll be back to review further... :)

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    And I'm back... :)

That holo of Padme and Obi-Wan... wow... and for that to happen during dinner like that... I'm not certain what to say, really.

Great Uncle Luke asked him to play the holo with Obi-Wan talking about his father, but R2 was incredibly reluctant to play that holo or any other from around that time.

Can't hardly blame him for that...

Nawra describing how Padme appeared in the holo and relating it to secrets that she kept... that was very insightful.

But if that?s true, why did it take so long for Anakin Skywalker to defeat the dark side? He had a woman by his side giving him nothing but love, and it didn?t work. Am I supposed to believe that no matter how much love she gave him, the Force had decided Anakin had a destiny to fulfill and he had to fall to the dark for so long?

That's probably part of it... the other part had to do with Palpy, really. And the darkside... not a one-way thing.

Being a Solo and therefore a curious person, I asked the question every parent dreads: ?Mama, where do babies come from?? This question caused Mom and Dad to look at each other and give identical facial expressions; the first being ?Idiot, look what you did? to ?Me? This is your fault? to ?Uh-oh, she?s still waiting for an answer? to ?Why can?t I think of an answer to work as a cover??

*giggle* Oh, to put one's parents on the spot!

Asha... to lose a child or sibling like that... wonderful entry. Sad, but well done.

I thought everyone had playing cards made of their families. How did this person come into the possession of cards with my family members on them? Didn?t he have cards of his own relatives to play with? And why did he want my family members to write their names on them?

She was right to be confused, I think...

What is it with Corellian men realizing they're in love with a woman when they see her wield a deadly weapon?

*giggle*

It wasn't that I was afraid security would come after the intruder or that I was looking out for Airen's status in Intelligence; it was because I had a few too many family members around at the time and I did not want one of them to either attack the poor, innocent man who had shown up.

Smart girl...

It was then that he saw who I really was, and then that he knew I was the love his life. After my victory, he pulled me aside, and without saying a word, he kissed me.

Awwwwww....

About the Skywalker/Solo/Fel women being beautiful but only believeing it for real when the man they love is looking back at them... well done. :)

And the art work? Lovely. :)

12. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Daena: Thank you so much for finding this story and bringing it up from the dredges. It's always very rewarding to have a new reader on board a story, especially one that was finished over a year ago. I'm so glad you're having fun reading this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.