main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    She was on the verge of starting a relationship with my grandfather, but was afraid to do so because?wait for it?her brother had a crush on her.

[face_laugh]

Three weeks later, a scout squadron reported finding a crash site on an uninhabited planet that was along the space lanes to Yovi II from Ossus. According the official reports that were released after three long months of investigations, the Millennium Falcon was pulled out of hyperspace by some long forgotten mine used against the Alliance in the war with the Vong. Normally, this would be a minor problem that my grandparents could more than efficiently handle. The asteroid belt they were dumped into on the other hand proved to be troublesome. They came out of hyperspace at an incredibly high velocity, hit an asteroid, and were sent careening off until they were pulled into C925V?s planetary gravitational pull.

Han and Leia died crashing into an asteroid field?! :eek:

I can just picture their last conversation [face_love]

Great post, Fatty :) Love the narrative, lots of great humor, but also sweet and moving. Lots of depth and good storytelling :D Really enjoyed seeing the way Jaina's daughter sees Grandpa Han and Grandma Leia. Perfect characterization.

Looking forward to more :)

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, it was sad, but I imagine that is exactly the way that Han and Leia would want to go! ;)

It was a long standing rule that whenever you entered an area where you knew Grandma and Grandpa were that you would always make a lot of noise on your approach; if you didn?t, you might walk in on something you?d rather not see your parents?or grandparents?doing. The grayer their hair grew the younger they seemed to be, especially around each other.

This made me laugh, because it's done in our house, too! ;) Hey, it's OUR house, we can do what we want to! o_O

A lovely update! =D=

3. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    You know, the one thing I never taught you was that when you kill a canon character, you need to have the Witness Protection opportunity close at hand.

See, these readers tend to get violent. They don't like anyone messing with their characters. They tend to bring bloody retribution down on -

*sees other readers eyeing her oddly* Err... Nevermind.

Great post, by the way! I'm very sad you killed Han and Leia, but it had to happen someday, eh? And at least they didn't die in their sleep.

Ok, so I'm totally hooked on this series. *sigh* When's the new post??! :D

~*~Austyn

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    :_| That was so sad! But a great update!

She was on the verge of starting a relationship with my grandfather, but was afraid to do so because?wait for it?her brother had a crush on her.
    And you thought your family was screwed up.

[face_laugh] That was hillarious!

It was the middle of the night, and I woke up to the feeling of a huge family hug...
    ... My other relatives knew better. They knew what they had felt was a goodbye from Grandma in the Force.

:_| Awww... Leave it to Leia to give everyone a great big force hug!

She would have taken his hand and said, ?I love you, Scoundrel.? He would have said, ?I know, Princess.? And they would share one last kiss.

Perfect!

Can't wait for more!

5. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Z: Thank you. *Passes over a tissue*

SF_RG: Thanks :)

SoE: Yes, they do put the "fun" in dysfunctional

KT: Thank you

goddess: *Passes out some more tissues* Thanks

IEJ: Oh yes they could

Wynssa: Thank you

FF: *Hands over the rest of the box of tissues* Thank you very much [face_blush]

jedi o' ennth: Thank you :)

oldj: *Fetches a new box of tissues to hand out to people* Thanks :)

Fels: Thank you :)

Valin: *Gets some more tissues to pass around* And yes, I do love R2

skywalker: Glad you liked the story and the art ;)

Inara: *Passes over some more tissues* At least they died together, right?

Aiel: *Begins to wonder how many boxes of tissues she's going to need to console readers* Thanks for not hating me :D

YK: See I was going to add in this part about how they hit an asteroid, which took off the back 1/3 of the Falcon and caused them to get knocked out of the asteroid field. They would then get pulled into the planet's gravity field and that's where their conversation would take place, but I figured there was enough torturing of readers going on.

VaderLVR: To be honest, I was actually thinking of some of the comments you've made in the Mara Jade thread about romance after marriage when I was writing that section

Austyn: Glad that you're hooked ;) And this is the beauty of this story, it's not in chronological order, so anyone who's killed off can come back later

mavjade: *Whips out another round of tissues* Thank you

So, in case you didn't read my comment to Austyn, have no fear: This story does not go in chronological order. This means that characters who die can come back later. It can also mean that there will be parts where they're not there, but let's not worry about that part for now. ;)

6. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    :_| :_| :_|

So sad, but so beautiful. And always laced with humor as you write it. [face_love]

But this is how they always seemed to be, constantly showing their love for each other. Whether it was in playful banter, full-blown arguments, or being a hairsbreadth away from a kiss, they just could not get enough of each other.

[face_love] Perfect Han and Leia.

I can?t wait for more of this lovely story. :)

7. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    That was so sad! I really like the descriptions of everything - smiles and all that.

And the artwork is amazing!

8. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Red: Thank you very much. It's the highest compliment I can receive to hear readers say that I write people in character.

Liesl: Thank you.

**** it's going to be a bit before I get another update posted. I have a microbiology final tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then a Hebrew final on Thursday. Hopefully I'll have one ready to in a week, until then you'll have to be patient. Believe me, I'd rather be writing for this than studying types of agar.

9. Sword_of_SPEA

Sword_of_SPEA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    picked this up from the J/J newsletter, and am IN LOVE WITH IT!! Please: pm, send up smoke signals, use the force or do whatever to let me know when you update.

Regarding the last post, that is exactly how Han and Leia would end it. May have teared up a bit. I really enjoy this idea, it's quite unique.

Good-luck on the finals, mine start next week *ELCH!*

10. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you Z.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/Fel_Family_Portrait_by_Zonoma.jpg]

This is the first Fel family portrait. Sure there are plenty of holos of my parents to look at, but this is the first one where they consider themselves worthy of the title ?family?. It was taken three days after I was born, which was the first time my parents were able to get friends and family away from me long enough to have the holo taken.

Needless to say, I love this holo.

As mentioned before, I was born a week past Mom?s due date. The day of her due date, Mom sat on the couch in my parents? apartment with her bag of clothes sitting at her feet just waiting. ?This is the child of Jagged Fel,? she told people, ?of course she will be prompt and exactly on time.? Unfortunately, I inherited my mother?s timing, not my father?s.

My dad had taken off from work that particular day because Mom had been so adamant that she would go into labor on her due date, and Dad had learned that Jedi have a thing for seeing things in the future. So there they sat, all day on the couch just waiting for me to make my move. Any time my mother?s breathing pattern changed in the slightest, my father began to ask her thirty questions as fast as he could ask them. Mom would silence him with a look of ?Quit being an idiot? and explained that I was just once again using her ribcage for target practice.

They sat there all day, just waiting. Finally, my father attempted to calmly explain that I liked my mom so much that I wasn?t ready to leave her yet. Dad wasn?t sure what language the words Mom replied with were in, but he figured she wasn?t exactly saying, ?I love you.?

Seven days later?or ?agonizing days later? if Mom is telling the story?I decided I?d had enough of being cooped up and was ready to explore the galaxy. Mom felt movements in her stomach area and thought I was just having my usual playtime until she reached out to me in the Force, then she knew what was happening. Knowing my father was flying patrol above Denon with his squadron, she reached for her commlink and dialed in his person comm code. What I wouldn?t give to have an actual recording of their conversation, but eliminating obvious biases from various storytellers, I imagine it went something like this:

?Jaina, what?s wrong??

?Oh, nothing really.? Mom would?ve known this would not quell Dad?s curiosity, but she did not want him to freak out while flying a fighter above the capital planet of the Alliance.

?If nothing is wrong, then why are you calling me on my private channel??

?Well, I just thought that you would like to know that it?s possible I might be going into labor.?

It was at this point in the conversation where my dad?s squadmates saw him peel out of formation to head dirtside at all possible speed for no reason whatsoever. Understandably, they were a little confused at the whole situation. A few moments later, Dad regained some of his senses and sent a message to his XO explaining his actions and what was happening, which ended the squadron?s betting of what caused my dad to go berserk.

Not wanting to make calls to every personal friend and family member to alert them to the situation, Mom set up a system with Threepio a few weeks before I was born. She would, of course, call my grandparents, and Uncle Jacen, but after that it was a series of relayed messages between other people, all set up by Threepio. Mom called the Fel side of the family first to apprise them of the situation since Grandma Leia already knew what was going on through the Force. Grandpa Tir and Grandma Syal said they would meet Mom at the medcenter after they picked up Dad from the airbase. Meanwhile, Grandpa Han and Grandma Leia picked Mom up from her apartment and took her to the medcenter.

I?m told that Grandpa complained the whole trip between Mom and Dad?s apartment to the medcenter about how Dad was away while Mom went into labor. Grandma then took this opportunity to remind Grand

11. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    *Snag*

I'm baaaaaack!!

EDIT:

And so that is how I, Nawra Jade Fel-Mykos, entered the galaxy with my grandpa?s eyes, father?s nose, and mother?s mouth.

*choke* *sniff* Oh! Aawwwww!

What a fine description of Nawra's arrival. Everyone is so in character!

Have I told you how much I'm enjoying this fic?

*sigh*

oldj

12. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] I would list the parts that made me laugh but that would take too long. I love your descriptions of everything. Great job describing Jaina's attitude toward being pregnant/having a baby.

And when Mom broke three bones in his right hand, he just gave her his left hand.

It took me a couple of minutes to stop laughing after that line :) The 'screaming, bloody mushy line was priceless.
    Great job!

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Another wonderful installment, Sara!! I am so loving this story!

"I will once again say that my father is an amazing man. For the next sixteen hours he did his best to try and make Mom comfortable. When Mom asked later why he didn?t let her have painkillers, he just lovingly wiped the sweat from her brow. When Mom cursed her way through the stronger contractions, he made sure she had ice chips. And when Mom broke three bones in his right hand, he just gave her his left hand."

This was so great--it made me laugh and cry! I love seeing the "softer" side of Jagged Fel! I can really see him being this way--gentle, understanding, patient and loving. Great character development, Sara!

"The next morning, Dad was rocking me in a chair while Mom slept when I got to meet my Grandpa Han. Dad said it was then that he finally understood all his father-in-law?s actions. He understood why he sometimes drove Grandpa Han crazy. He also said that he strongly regretted not asking then and there for Grandpa?s hidden fortress schematics."

[face_laugh]:_|

Oh, yeah! The sudden realization of what it means to have a daughter! I think every man that has a baby girl is blessed with that moment--finally understanding all the seemingly insane actions of his father-in-law! Beautiful!

This is such a wonderful collection of "essays" about her life and her loved ones, and it's such a treat to share her recollections!

FF

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww that was so sweet!

Mom sat on the couch in my parents? apartment with her bag of clothes sitting at her feet just waiting. ?This is the child of Jagged Fel,? she told people, ?of course she will be prompt and exactly on time.?
    [face_laugh] One would think that would be the case!

passed a ?screaming, bloody, mushy thing? to him

[face_laugh] LOL! I am sure that is what my fiancee' will say when we have children (eventually, I'm in no hurry). He is always saying how ugly newborns are...then of course I will have to smack him:p!

Great update!

I can't wait for more!

15. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    New reader alert! I just found this story and I really love it. Especially this post. My fathers first words about me were to express how tiny I was. Sadly enough I'm still tiny at only five feet tall. grrrr... Anyway, I love this. I like the perspective and I love the fact that you use pictures at the beginnings. I think that is awesome.
    By the way, I'm also a Buckeye fan. My family has been rooting for the Buckeyes since they became a football team. You asked for the song they sing at the end of each game. I'm not sure if anyone answered it yet but I think that it is "Hang On Sloopy". Let me know if I'm right.
    Please update soon!

~SpikeLead~

16. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    That was great. The way that Jaina and Jag have different ways of relating the stories.

[face_laugh]

S.

17. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Very sweet and touching. Very amusing narrator.
    I liked Jaina ordering the baby to stay in so she's not a mom yet, I can just seeing that happen to most of us.

18. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Once again, lovely update. You captured the characters perfectly, and I love the way you make each chapter so funny and sweet. :)

?This is the child of Jagged Fel,? she told people, ?of course she will be prompt and exactly on time.?

[face_laugh]

I?m told that Grandpa complained the whole trip between Mom and Dad?s apartment to the medcenter about how Dad was away while Mom went into labor. Grandma then took this opportunity to remind Grandpa that he wasn?t in the Council meeting she was attending when she went into labor. Grandpa responded that it was a good thing wasn?t in the meeting because he would have died of boredom and therefore would have missed Mom and Uncle Jacen?s birth, not to mention the fun in raising Jedi twins.

[face_laugh] That is perfect Han and Leia!

And when Mom broke three bones in his right hand, he just gave her his left hand.

[face_laugh] [face_love] So sweet.

The doctor delivered me, cleaned me off, and?in Dad?s words?passed a ?screaming, bloody, mushy thing? to him.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

19. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Piggy: That was fabulous! =D=

As mentioned before, I was born a week past Mom?s due date. The day of her due date, Mom sat on the couch in my parents? apartment with her bag of clothes sitting at her feet just waiting. ?This is the child of Jagged Fel,? she told people, ?of course she will be prompt and exactly on time.? Unfortunately, I inherited my mother?s timing, not my father?s.

That was my favorite part, but it was hard to pick one because you just did a great job with that. Bravo! [:D] Hugs for making me smile [:D]

20. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I couldn't stand it, I just couldn't go to sleep without reading this tonight. :pYeah, Yeah, Sara, you win. [face_plain]

What a cool post! I gave you bare bones and you did a fantastic job fleshing it out! I must have been one of many supplying you with horror stories and impressions.

I remember that feeling of utmost terror and inadequacy when it was time for my oldest son to join us. It was so easy to be a good Mom while he was still inside me but I had nightmares of him "on the outside" and me forgetting him when I ran errands (RL nightmares) or other off the wall things. :eek:

I was completely unprepared but, when it was all said and done, it worked anyway.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I found Jaina's thought process natural and I completely agree with TKL about the "mother's sense of timing" line![face_laugh]

21. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    Awesome, that was just awesome.

That was...just awwww, wow, great...so cute.

Can't wait for the next post.--kt

22. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Their reactions were just so... them.

I would have loved to see Jag peel off from his fighter group...

23. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Beautiful work yet again BF!

Jaina and Jag were right in character. (In the canon I hope she does end up with him, Kyp is a little brooding and nice, but not only is he too old, I think they just don't have the same spark she has with Jag.)

And such an adorable little picture, [face_love].

Well done and hugs [:D] for the PM!

24. Sword_of_SPEA

Sword_of_SPEA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    How adorable! A great story, and I totally see Jaina breaking poor Jag's hands during the contractions. Excellent artwork as well! They all just tie in so nicely!

25. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Great post :) Made me laugh ([face_laugh]), smile ( :) ), go aww!! [face_love] and go Oh Brother!! ( :rolleyes: )...

THanks for the PM...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.