main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    awwww....very nice! =D= Jag leaving his squadron was funny...[face_laugh]

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh my! So MANY hilarious and touching things in this to remark on. Dad leaving the squadron and going dirtside just killed me! [face_laugh] But this had to be my favorite:

As mentioned before, I was born a week past Mom?s due date. The day of her due date, Mom sat on the couch in my parents? apartment with her bag of clothes sitting at her feet just waiting. ?This is the child of Jagged Fel,? she told people, ?of course she will be prompt and exactly on time.? Unfortunately, I inherited my mother?s timing, not my father?s.

When I taught childbirth classes we had a woman show up at the hospital. When we asked what her labor symptoms were she just looked at us blankly and said. "None, but it's my due date!"

Another incredible chapter! And yes, make a lot of noise before you surprise those old marrieds! ;)

3. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    how come there's a Mykos at the end?

And when Mom broke three bones in his right hand, he just gave her his left hand.

that was great.... I can see her doing that too.

awesome post BF!

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    â??This is the child of Jagged Fel,â?? she told people, â??of course she will be prompt and exactly on time.â?? Unfortunately, I inherited my motherâ??s timing, not my fatherâ??s. [face_laugh] And come out saluting? :p

Very cute. I loved it.

5. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hehehehe, funny! Nice description of the baby, and I'm glad you used Z's picture. :)

Only one thing?the details are more noticeable in the larger image? what they are, I won't tell. :p

KT

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    First off, great art!!! :eek: :D =D=

Mom would silence him with a look of ?Quit being an idiot? and explained that I was just once again using her ribcage for target practice.

[face_laugh]

Grandpa responded that it was a good thing wasn?t in the meeting because he would have died of boredom and therefore would have missed Mom and Uncle Jacen?s birth, not to mention the fun in raising Jedi twins.

[face_laugh] Han has sound reasoning.

Mom responded by changing her tactics of the past week of ordering me out by ordering me to stay in. You can imagine how well that worked.

Tenel Ka did it :p

And when Mom broke three bones in his right hand, he just gave her his left hand.

I really liked that line :)

Great post, Fatty :D Sweet, funny, and very enjoyable. Loved all the humorous bits in there and the way Nawra relates the interaction between her family.

Looking forward to more :)

7. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Poor Jag!

8. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Does dance of joy for breaking 100 posts! [face_dancing]

oldj: *Snag*

Who's stalking who now?

Everyone is so in character!

That is my favorite complement of them all. Thank you :D

Wyn: The 'screaming, bloody mushy line was priceless. Great job!

I'll tell my Dad you liked that part. ;)

FF: Oh, yeah! The sudden realization of what it means to have a daughter! I think every man that has a baby girl is blessed with that moment--finally understanding all the seemingly insane actions of his father-in-law! Beautiful!

Thank you, it was a tie-in to my other story "Baby Girl" (there's a link to it in my profile, hint hint. ;) )

mavjade: I am sure that is what my fiancee' will say when we have children (eventually, I'm in no hurry). He is always saying how ugly newborns are...then of course I will have to smack him

Don't worry, as long as he knows kids get cuter with age it's all good.

SpikeLead: New reader dance! [face_dancing]

I like the perspective and I love the fact that you use pictures at the beginnings. I think that is awesome.

Thank you very much.

By the way, I'm also a Buckeye fan. My family has been rooting for the Buckeyes since they became a football team. You asked for the song they sing at the end of each game. I'm not sure if anyone answered it yet but I think that it is "Hang On Sloopy". Let me know if I'm right.

Yay, fellow Buckeye fan! As for the song, that is sung during the game, but not after. I think I'm going to have to give cheesecake now to whoever knows to up the ante.

S: The way that Jaina and Jag have different ways of relating the stories.

No story is ever one-sided.

SoE: I liked Jaina ordering the baby to stay in so she's not a mom yet, I can just seeing that happen to most of us.

Oh yes.

j_o_e: Once again, lovely update. You captured the characters perfectly, and I love the way you make each chapter so funny and sweet.

Thank you very much.

That is perfect Han and Leia!

I figured I owed you guys something after killing them off.

Commander: That was fabulous!

[face_blush] Such high praise coming from my favorite author around here.

Z: You caved! Mwahahahaha. [face_devil]

I guess what I am trying to say is that I found Jaina's thought process natural and I completely agree with TKL about the "mother's sense of timing" line!

Thank you so much for your kind words, but also for your oh-so-necessary help with the motherhood line of thinking and for kicking my butt into writing mode.

kt: Awesome, that was just awesome.

Thanks

Valin: Their reactions were just so... them.

Thank you very much. :)

Aiel: Jaina and Jag were right in character. (In the canon I hope she does end up with him, Kyp is a little brooding and nice, but not only is he too old, I think they just don't have the same spark she has with Jag.)

Thank you, and I agree completely.

Sword: First, I forgot to do my new reader dance for you, so: [face_dancing] And [:D] to a fellow Hoosier. (I'm a Buckeye at school, but a Hoosier at heart)

Excellent artwork as well! They all just tie in so nicely!

Yes, I am very blessed to have such amazing artists as friends.

Chimpo: Great po

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, I am REALLY late . . . sorry about that :( Oh, and please add me to the PM list :)

I loooove the art!!! :D

The first story by their daughter is very sweet :) Nawra, I guess her name is . . . I want to know more about her. It's sad when she mentioned her grandfather dying, but the way you avoided saying which one was very well done.

It?s not that she let herself be tied down, she just found someone to run with her.

I love that line!!!

Nice sonogram. I love the child's comments about it taking her years to see it--it took that line for me to tell what it was 8-}

Mom, not looking forward to waking up in the morning only to get sick or to find out just how much larger her stomach had grown during the night, told him that he could lecture at her when he grew a uterus.

[face_laugh] Sooooo true!!!

Later, once Grandpa realized he was going to have another little girl to spoil and this time around it wouldn?t be his problem when she got a boyfriend, he began to be okay with the idea.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Cousin Ben was disappointed because he wanted to finally get to play with a boy his age instead of Uncle Jacen who too often acted Ben?s age.

Jacen would, too 8-}

Ha!! Nawra Mara . . .

Lovely stuff!!! Sorry I don't have time to read more, but I'll finish it soon . . .

10. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_blush]Thanks for the plug.

11. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    This is soooo cute. I just found it and please add me to the PM list.

Sad to Leia and Han going but I imageine that they will go something like that. This is very cute!

12. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That is so great!
    I just finished with the last chapter and oh boy I am happy I found this fic :D

It's hilarious!

If it is possible add me to PM list please :)

I just have to read more of it :p

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    OOoooo, nice H/L picture!!!

My grandmother was being held captive by her father because she was involved in a rebellion that was started by her mother. She was on the verge of starting a relationship with my grandfather, but was afraid to do so because?wait for it?her brother had a crush on her.

And you thought your family was screwed up.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] And you know, I was just thinking about how screwed up my family is last night. Kinda puts it in perspective.

That was soooo sad!!! [face-cry] :_| Poor Han and Leia!!!

The J/J+baby picture is so sweet!! I love it :D

?This is the child of Jagged Fel,? she told people, ?of course she will be prompt and exactly on time.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Soooo funny . . .

[iHe also said that he strongly regretted not asking then and there for Grandpa?s hidden fortress schematics.
    [/i]

What is it with fathers? 8-}

Fel-Mykos?

Lovely job =D=

14. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Nat: Better late than never, don't worry about it. And yes, we'll get around to the Fel-Mykos thing... as soon as I get some art for it. O:)

Z: You're welcome

Genimay: New reader dance [face_dancing] And thank you :)

Starshine: Another new reader dance [face_dancing] Thank you very much :)

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade
    stickster
    YodaKenobi
    Killik_Swarm
    WynssaStarflare
    oldj
    MaraJade
    Cheersweetie
    Fiana_Novarr
    FelsGoddess
    goddess45
    Aiel
    Dreaming Ice
    SoloFel_RebelGirl
    crackjacks
    Genimay
    Starshine

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oops, must have forgotten to say, but I'd like to be added, too :)

16. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Nope, you didn't forget, I did. You're added.

Current PM List:
    skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    mavjade
    stickster
    YodaKenobi
    Killik_Swarm
    WynssaStarflare
    oldj
    MaraJade
    Cheersweetie
    Sword_of_SPEA
    Fiana_Novarr
    FelsGoddess
    goddess45
    Aiel
    Dreaming Ice
    SoloFel_RebelGirl
    crackjacks
    Genimay
    Starshine
    Nat

17. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Still playing catchup. Sorry to be so late Sara.

This was amazing. I loved that Jaina assumed Nawra would be on time so they sat there all day.[face_laugh]

You've just gotta love this man. I know he's not real, darn I wish he was.[face_love]

Marvelous update and great pic Z.

Looking forward to Nawra growing up. And yes, please keep those PM's coming.

18. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you, Lola. Yes, I know this needs an update. Unfortunately Winter Break has killed any motivation I have except to sleep and be a total bum. Or hopefully, all my motivation is saving itself up for when I go back to school. Let's hope that's the case. Anyway, I'll do my best to get my butt into gear before Zonoma starts gunning for me.

19. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    It's her husband's last name. We'll get around to him eventually.

I figured that out like three days after i posted my reply thingy. I am a quick one!:)

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Haha, don't worry about it.

Goal for the day: finish the post. Wish me luck.

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    So this is the fic for which Z did fanart and posted on deviantart.com. Wonderful! BTW, are you going to include some J/TK?

22. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    I was hoping no one would ask me the J/TK question... Give me some more time to think on that one.

Anyway, here's the new post.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/Gavin.jpg]

The above is my younger brother, Gavin. He was named after Gavin Darklighter because of a misunderstanding. My father declared his loyalty to the Alliance after he came back to known space. After my parents married, Dad grew bored of being stuck on the ground and asked his uncle Wedge if there were any slots available in the handful of fighter squadrons stationed on Denon. Wedge had only one squadron in mind.

Great Uncle Wedge and Dad met up with Gavin Darklighter over lunch two days later. Gavin informed my father that it was time for him to step down from leading the Rogues and enjoy retirement and his grandchildren. My father is known to be a tactical genius, but at times he can be pretty dense. This would be one of those times. Gavin want on to all but say the exact words, ?We want you to take over Rogue Squadron? and my father still did not have a clue. My father claims his lack of reaction was because he was afraid to get his hopes up over such an amazing honor. Right. My father then asked what he would have to do in order take the position as commander of the Rogues; Gavin replied that Dad had to name his first son after him. Dad failed to realize Gavin was joking until after my brother was born and named.

Gavin Fel is eighteen months younger than me. My mother was not exactly planning on having another child so soon after my arrival, but she got over it. Gavin?s pregnancy was the easiest on her?something she has yet to let the rest of her children forget. Luckily, all the bones in Dad?s hands remained intact during Gavin?s birth. Everyone in the family was excited to have him around except for one?me. I?m sure my parents made sure to spend extra time with me so I would not feel neglected with all the excitement about the new baby around, but I enjoyed having my parents and grandparents all to myself. Eventually I got over my hatred for my younger brother and began to have neutral feelings toward him.

You would think with his name and all that was associated with it that Gavin would grow up to be one of the best fighter pilots in the galaxy. Not so. Obviously from the holo Gavin wanted nothing better than to be the best Jedi he could be. Which from what he has accomplished in his now thirty-one years is right on target for that dream, and I have the feeling he is just getting started.

This holo was taken when Gavin was about five or six. We had gone over to Great Uncle Luke and Great Aunt Mara?s house for dinner one night. After the meal, the boys?including the adult ones?began playing while the four women in the house (Mara, Mom, Adannah, and I) made polite conversation. And when I say, ?made polite conversation,? I mean we made fun of the boys while all secretly wanting to join in on the fun.

At some point in the chaos, Gavin was given Great Uncle Luke?s lightsaber to play with, which was when this holo was taken. Everyone thought it was just cute that the boy who demanded on keeping a padawan braid, as soon as he found what it was, was playing with Master Skywalker?s lightsaber. Granted, a normal family would be greatly alarmed and worried that a young child was running around with a lightsaber, but since when has my family been normal?

Like I said, nearly everyone that that it was sweet or wizard that Gavin was pretending to be a Jedi, except Great Uncle Luke. I remember catching a quick glance at his face during the few minutes that he lent Gavin his lightsaber. The look on the face wasn?t one of, ?Just wait till Han and Leia hear about this and have another story to brag about to others.? It was as if he was having a vision of the future. As if after seeing that, he could breathe easy relishing in the fact that the Jedi would be in secure hands for at least two generations after him.

Do not think for a second that Great Uncle Luk

23. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    OH! Sara! That was so precious. Thank you. This was the perfect thing for today. Just perfect.

24. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    A beautiful picture for a beautiful story!

[face_love]

That was just great, BF, as Zonoma said, "Perfect"!

Thanks, I needed that...

Happy Holidays to you and your's!

oldj

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Great drawing!!! Love the reason for the name [face_laugh]

Wonderful post, and happy holidays [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.