main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Heh? great reason for the name? and it 'twas funny, Gavin saying Jag had to name his son after him to get command of the squad.

KT

2. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Awww,that is soooo cute.

Poor Jaggie doesn't know how to take a joke. Kinda cool that the name sake is good though. Never thought about the Darside like Anakin Solo but about proving people right.

Love the kid trying to trick Jaina and Jag for more dessert or to stay up later. The Solo/Skywalker/Fel clan is famos but that does not mean they are little angels.

3. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great picture Z; your son is adorable!

Wouldn't that be like Jag to be completely oblivious to a joke... It seems though that is truly the correct name for the Gavin though. Great post!

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    My father claims his lack of reaction was because he was afraid to get his hopes up over such an amazing honor. Right. My father then asked what he would have to do in order take the position as commander of the Rogues; Gavin replied that Dad had to name his first son after him. Dad failed to realize Gavin was joking until after my brother was born and named. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very cute.

Happy Holidays! [:D]

5. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Another wonderful chapter!

The characters were wonderful, and Gavin sounds like my cousin, he wants to be a Jedi too. ;)

Have a very Merry Christmas, or as you Americans say, Happy Holidays!

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What a great chapter, Sara! All the proper elements of a sister describing her little bro: fierce jealousy, love, admiration and respect. And of course at least one of Jaina's kids would be Force-strong--it's required! Wonderful post, and Happy Holidays!

FF

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    My father then asked what he would have to do in order take the position as commander of the Rogues; Gavin replied that Dad had to name his first son after him. Dad failed to realize Gavin was joking until after my brother was born and named.

[face_laugh]

Great post, Fatty :D Gavin sounds like a great character. Reminds me of a young Anakin Solo [face_thinking] Loved all the little anecdotes invovled. Another very funny, sweet, and well-put together post :)

Post more soon :D

8. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Sometimes it's hard to tell when a person is joking or not...but this at had a cute, funny ending.:)

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This was such a great update!

Gavin replied that Dad had to name his first son after him. Dad failed to realize Gavin was joking until after my brother was born and named.
    [face_laugh]I loved this...it was really funny! Talk about being dense, but at least poor little Gavin has an interesting story to go with his name!

It was as if he was having a vision of the future. As if after seeing that, he could breathe easy relishing in the fact that the Jedi would be in secure hands for at least two generations after him.
    This really made me smile! The imagery was wonderful!

I can't wait for more!

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I [face_love] Gavin already! I think you should do a story featuring him! Hint, hint...

Loved this:

This holo was taken when Gavin was about five or six. We had gone over to Great Uncle Luke and Great Aunt Mara?s house for dinner one night. After the meal, the boys?including the adult ones?began playing while the four women in the house (Mara, Mom, Adannah, and I) made polite conversation. And when I say, ?made polite conversation,? I mean we made fun of the boys while all secretly wanting to join in on the fun.

At some point in the chaos, Gavin was given Great Uncle Luke?s lightsaber to play with, which was when this holo was taken. Everyone thought it was just cute that the boy who demanded on keeping a padawan braid, as soon as he found what it was, was playing with Master Skywalker?s lightsaber. Granted, a normal family would be greatly alarmed and worried that a young child was running around with a lightsaber, but since when has my family been normal?

And the idea of Luke Skywalker being satisfied that the Jedi were in good hands brought a lump to my throat!

Bravo on yet another amazing update! =D=

11. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Aww, that was a cute post! Happy Holidays, everyone. I can't wait for another post!

12. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    That was great! i loved the Gavin Darklighter scene! =D=

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That explains one more of Z's pictures on Deviantart (I have her on my DA watchlist, so I get these pics all the time)!

14. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Zonoma: Thank you [:D] I'm especially that you enjoyed it.

oldj: Glad I could help you out.

Nat: Thanks

KT: Thank you and nice icon choice ;) (I made it)

Genimay: Thank you, and no "little angels" is not how I would describe Solo children

Wyn: Isn't he cute? :) And thanks

Fels: Thank you

Aiel: Thank you, and this American still says Merry Christmas

FF: Thank you very much

YK: I didn't intentionally make him sound like Anakin, but [face_thinking] indeed

Liesl: Thanks, and yet another lovely icon choice ;)

mavjade: It's been my experience that the people who are really smart really lack common sense

MamaVader: Yeah, I'll get right on that... eventually. Glad you enjoyed the post

cheers: Thank you

SF_RG: Thanks

SilSolo: I'm very grateful to Z along with me on this ride. :)

15. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    JUST A QUICK NOTE:

I'm going to do my best to get a post up here within the next couple of days. The thing is, that after that post, I'm only going to have three pictures left. So unless you only want three more posts to this story (and I personally don't), I'm going to need your help. You can take a request for artwork, or come up with something yourself and I'll work my way around it. PM if you are interested in this.

Please help!

16. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Just in case I don't see you all in the next few days, have a fantastic New Year!

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/JainaJacen.jpg]

When my parents were reunited after the war, they decided that they were going to take a break from their respective duties to attempt to live a normal life for once. They did this till they were married for four months. Not surprisingly with a family lineage like mine, they got bored with being normal. It was nice while it lasted and allowed them to regain their sanity, but they could only last for so long without something important to do.

Mom came back to the Jedi Council to be told that she was would work as the Jedi representative on Denon. She would be the Jedi?s voice to Chief of State Cal Omas whenever the rest of the Council was on Ossus and therefore unable to speak to Omas and whatever committee or committees in person. Mom was not exactly thrilled when she got the news. Granted, she had inherited more of Grandma?s political skills than she would ever want to admit, but dealing with politicians was hardly her idea of fun. But she began to warm up to the idea once she realized what else she would be doing.

The military had taken notice on how effective the Jedi fighter squadrons had been during the war against the Vong, as much as they were reluctant to say so. And while the galaxy was currently at peace for the most part, we are a very pessimistic group of people and we knew it was probably just a matter of time before another string of fights came along.

So when Mom did not have to report into the government, which thankfully for everyone involved was not too often, she was charged with training Jedi and non-Jedi pilots to fly together in squadrons. She taught them to learn from each other and to fly together. She showed her pilots that just because one can feel the Force does not mean that you can?t get your butt kicked by someone who is blind to it. She called this the Deconstruction Phase. It was the time where she tore down stereotypes she had to put up with for most of her life.

Quite often she would take her rebuilt Twin Suns up against Dad?s Rogues. It wasn?t that Mom and Dad were going head to head to see which of the two of them was best at training and leading pilots. They just wanted bragging rights over whose ?kids? were best.

Mom stayed on to train pilots and report into the Chief of State?s office till I was six. After that, Mom was given a seat on the Council, and we moved to Ossus. The government was kind enough to transfer both Twin Suns and Rogues to Ossus. Normally a squadron with the reputation and importance of the Rogues would not be stationed at some backwater planet to guard a group of people that were capable of defending themselves, but there had been several strikes on nearby systems by a new threat and the Alliance did not want to have another Jedi Purge on their hands. Thankfully, nothing came about of it. Or if something did, I was either too young to remember or be told about it.

Mom took her place on the Council and left Twin Suns in the hands of Valin Horn. Uncle Jacen was promoted to the Council two months before Mom. Ever since then there has been a debate between the two of them of which was more important: being born first or being brought on as a member of the Jedi Council first. I am sure you can guess who thinks which one is more important.

Each Councilmember was responsible for teaching an area of Jedi training. Being known as the Sword of the Jedi, Mom took over teaching lightsaber techniques from the Masters Skywalker?who still taught lightsaber classes every now and then. Most trainees were ecstatic and slightly awed that they were learning to wield a weapon from Master Jaina Fel herself. She quickly taught them that excitement and awe would get you nearly killed by said instructor. I personally think that she just likes beating up on people until they stop gawking at her.

This particular holo came from one of the biannual lightsaber

17. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    *grins* First reply!

Nice work, Fatty! Interesting seeing that Jacen got appointed to the Council first. :)

Funny, how Bren lasted all of seventeen seconds.

Great job!

KT

18. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Quite often she would take her rebuilt Twin Suns up against Dad?s Rogues. It wasn?t that Mom and Dad were going head to head to see which of the two of them was best at training and leading pilots. They just wanted bragging rights over whose ?kids? were best. [face_laugh] That's so J/J.

Ever since then there has been a debate between the two of them of which was more important: being born first or being brought on as a member of the Jedi Council first. I am sure you can guess who thought what was more important. [face_laugh]

I personally think that she just likes beating up on people until they stopped gawking at her. I can see that. [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] The lightsaber fight sounds so much like Jaina.

Happy New Year!

Great post!

19. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Great as always, BF!! I hope you can find some more pics so that you can continue this story on longer. Happy New Year!!

20. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    Wonderful, BigFatty! =D= You're one of my favorite authors!

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005

Ever since then there has been a debate between the two of them of which was more important: being born first or being brought on as a member of the Jedi Council first. I am sure you can guess who thought what was more important.

[face_laugh] Yep, I think that would be exactly what would happen!

Bren considered it cheating, but he knew not to give voice to thought since it would be futile to argue against two Jedi Masters parented by Han Solo and Princess Leia.

I know I wouldn't want to argue with them!

I really loved the last pharagraph... how she didn't pull any punches but told him afterwards how Luke could beat her so quickly:) [face_love]

Wonderful update! I can't wait for more!

22. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Very nice. I like the thought of Jaina teaching lightsaber skills. Really seems to fit. Great post and keep it up!

23. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Just like Jaina and Jag to remain competitive even after they were married. Great post!

24. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    The story matches the art wonderfully, once again!

Your characterizations are so right - have I said that before? It is no less true.

I love the pure "Jaina-ness" of this piece. Wonderful job! Plus, her daughter's POV continues to be perfect.

A happy New Year to you, as well, BF - if you're not around in the next little while! [:D]

oldj

25. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    A great update, Sara! I really love your characterizations--very true, and it makes reading this even more enjoyable! And it's a nice "adaption" for the drawing, too! ;) The "bragging rights" thing between Jaina and Jag over the "kids" in their squadrons would be soooo IC!! Wonderful--hope you have a Great New Year!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.