main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Non-Celebration events meetups at CVII

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by D-Ludicrous, Aug 14, 2013.

1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I thought we could start a thread for people who are coming early for Celebration or staying late and going to places like Disneyland, Universal Studios, Long Beach Aquarium etc.. and would like to meet up with other people. It's never to early to start planning. :)

I am planing on coming the Sunday before the con and going to Disneyland and the Aquarium.

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm combining the con and a research visit to UCLA, muahahahaha well used travel grant! xD So I will be arriving a bit early, though not sure exactly for how long yet. My birthday is on April 15th (the day before), so I definitely want to enjoy it around some LA attractions.

3. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I certainly plan on spending a couple of days at Disneyland and Universal Studios, but hopefully will also be able to spend a day at the California Science Center and check in on the Space Shuttle Endeavour.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'll be arriving sometime on the Saturday before the con in order to see Disneyland (would like to have 4 days there).

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  5. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I have plans on visiting Disneyland but how far away is Universal Studios?

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Not accounting for the infamous LA traffic, about 45 minutes by car or 3 hours by bus according to Google Maps.

7. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    There is also a shuttle provided by Universal (for a small fee) that transports you from Anaheim area hotels directly to the park. Also, it's not that far or long to take the train from Anaheim to Universal City.

EDIT: http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/anaheimshuttle/

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Unless you feel adventurous I don't recommend going from La to D-land on public transport. We learned at CIV that only Swedes and New Yorkers are that crazy.

9. Zzzman74

Zzzman74 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2014
    If we stay 1 mile from the con, is there easy transport from the hotel to Dinsey main gate? Would a taxi be a good choice?

10. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Check out http://www.rideart.org/ and see if it stops near the hotel you are staying at. I think every single route ends up at Disneyland. I think that's cheaper than a cab (unless you don't want to wait for the ART shuttle...I've read it can be a 20 minute wait at some locations).