main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Non-Spoilers Allowed Forum Sign-Up

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Jun 19, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wasn't in NSA at the time, which is a big part of the reason why I want to be in NSA this time and why I want it to be a truly spoiler-free board. Being spoiled for AOTC and ROTS, well, spoiled the experience for me. I've gone spoiler-free for TCW episodes and have been much happier; I plan to extend that experience to Episode VII, and at the risk of repeating myself, I think it sets a bad precedent to say "Anyone who wants to discuss Star Wars is probably looking for spoilers."

I like you all; I want to be able to talk to you about Star Wars without having the upcoming film ruined for me. Other than a couple of inconsiderate people and isolated incidents, this wasn't an issue with TCW, so I'm not sure why it's considered an issue with the ST. I knew which threads to avoid with TCW, and if I have to avoid an entire forum where people want to discuss spoilers, fine, I'll avoid it. Avoiding the boards altogether and/or not being able to speculate on the ST anywhere without being spoiled? Not fine.

2. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    true,

As I say I thought that in the 3NS that some spoilers were known before even the trailers were out,

I see what you are saying though, a totally non spoiler board would be useful to some.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And I think it would be easier on the mods, as opposed to hashing out what is considered a "spoiler" and what is not, and what is considered "official info" and what is not.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I have a zany idea. If people who are in the NSA decide they are brave enough to want to see the trailer... go to YouTube. :p

5. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I'll take a huge helping of non spoilers please!!

6. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    This time around is going to be much different for the nonspoiled community. I was active in 3NSA for about three years or so and I thought the administration did a fantastic job (here's looking at you Garth_Maul) but there were certain details that were known by anyone who was a Star Wars fan that could be discussed at length without getting into spoiler territory. I wasn't around for any nonspoiler forum leading up to TPM if there even was one but that's a much better comparison to the current situation than the 3NSA.

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, I for one won't be reading the leaked .pdf comic adaptation before seeing the movie this time around, hah. That would be a bit too much.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Where do I sign?

9. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Please count me in for NSA. I would like to have posting access.

I love surprises. IMO, it's part of the thrill of seeing the film.

I wasn't here for the Prequils, so this will be a new experience.

Thanks for the "Spoiler Button" feature. IMO, this is a very important skill to master. It could keep us out of trouble with the JCF Staff, mih thinks.

:)

EMPEROR_WINDU likes this.
  10. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I'm signing up for this.

11. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Please sign me up, although I'm not sure I'll be able to remain spoiler free.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    SMH. 5 pages in... and it's all of our peaceful, non-problem members who are signing up to bail.

You're going down a path that I can't follow... You're breaking my heart. =((

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You need me to stir some **** while I'm there, Myke? I can always start a "The Top 10 Ways Ahsoka Tano Should Die" thread. :p

14. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    No need, there will be plenty of raw recruits coming in over the months who have not survived the Mara Jade thread and would innocently state "Hey, what about that girl from Zahn's books? She's cool."

15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I only hope that in NSA there will be less fear mongering doom and gloom spreading than there is now...

Somehow, I think my hope is in vain, but...eh.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, there will be fearmongering, doom and gloom. I have foreseen it.

In a truly spoiler-free forum, the fearmongering, doom and gloom will be fun though.

"RUMOR: KANYE WEST UNDER CONTRACT TO PLAY MACE WINDU'S LONG-LOST GRANDSON!"

17. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Overreaction should be a bannable offense.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think the site owners would have to buy carpal tunnel braces for the mods for all the times they'd have to hit the "ban" button if that rule were enacted.

19. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Knowing me like I do, I'll stay in 7SA.
    However, it seems like a lot folks I dig are heading to NSA... What to do?! Could I possibly join them?
    I sense much fear in me. I feel the conflict flowing through me... [face_sigh]

fishtailsam likes this.
  20. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, you can sign up and hang out both places at once.
    I probably won't be able to resist sneaking a peak into 7SA from time to time.

21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'd love to be strong enough to go NSA, but my will is too weak when it comes the holy grail that is SW

22. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Sign me up! But is it possible to be able to look at the Spoiler forums just in-case I change my mind after it is made?

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty sure they said spoiler forums are open to everyone.

24. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Yes the spoiler forum is staying completely open. And I don't think it's been posted but we did decide that we would have a thread just for the trailers and that if LFL post it or JJ Abrams does in fact say it, we will not consider that a spoiler. Shouldn't be to much of a worry because JJ is very anti spoilers anyway.

eht13 and stormcloud8 like this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Which is exactly why I signed up.[face_mischief]