main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-SW Collectibles v 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a vintage G.I. Joe Jinx figure, taking me one step closer to completing my "want" list (My "must have" list is long complete). Now I have to consider making a "Kinda-sorta want" list :p. Also won a vintage Kenner Super Powers Brainiac. Again, he was on my "Want" list (My "Must have" list complete w/Aquaman last month). I've got a few other wants, like Martian Manhunter, Mantis and Dr. Fate. Others that would be "Must", like Cyborg, Mr. Freeze, Plastic Man and Shazam are far too expensive, coming @ the end of the line and being much rarer than the rest.

Master_Rebado and Gamma626 like this.
  2. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I bought this about two weeks ago, figured I could share it here:

LADY EOWYN OF ROHAN

[​IMG]

3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I think I;m going to start hunting down Buffy collectibles, along with the Jurassic Park funky line. So many good things out there!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    The vintage Jurassic Park stuff or the new Jurassic World stuff?

5. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    It's not arriving this year, but I pre-ordered this:

[​IMG]

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    The pops. If I like Fallen Kingdom I may pick up merch. I have the old Kenner Park and Lost World figures in my garage still from when I was a kid. I don't need to hunt those down! :)

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  7. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    I did similar with the ARAH Joes,getting 1st the ones I wanted most and then working my way back.

Pretty happy with the #'s now of those.

The original Kenner Super Powers line was/is awesome!!!!!!

Iron_lord and Juke Skywalker like this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I can't believe that in the last year I've completed my "must" list and I'm half way through my "want". By the time it's all said and done I'll have over 90 Joes (not including vehicle drivers/pilots).

Is it ever! I didn't have them as a kid (not sure how that happened) and they weren't even on my radar as an adult collector for years. But I saw them @ a toy show last year and snagged a few and got hooked. Such a cool line.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  9. Instant Force Talk

Instant Force Talk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2017
    Sorry for not responding sooner. Between me obtaining a virus on my SFO to LAX flight, my restructuring on my Star Wars fandom, and a recent event that had killed any thoughts I should return to the fandom in 2019... I have been not as busy as I wanted to be. But I will find out if there is any karma when it comes to the event that followed an 'easy-to-fix' 2 star review I gave this one fangroup.

Anywho... For those hoping I would find any rarities in Tokyo, that did not happen. At best I returned with a plush Rilakkuma that is dressed up as a good fortune kitty, and two interesting finds that double as gifts for two people I see as family. None of the stores in Nakano Broadway had any Star Wars goods worth mentioning. Nor did Mandarake in Akihabara. But an interesting side note is that there are a lot of BL comics that involve an "Anakin x Obi-Wan" ship.

Oh... And @Juke Skywalker made me wish I could fulfill my "want" list. Which are currently one new/unused Famicom game and two new/unused Super Famicom games. Plus a few odds and ends that I might have to search online for since they are long gone offline.

Master_Rebado and Juke Skywalker like this.
  10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Went to a massive toy show yesterday, but kinda struck out on big items. In the non-SW category I picked up 4 G.I. Joes; Sci-Fi, Dial Tone, Zandar and Leatherneck. That gives me 70 Joes, not including vehicle drivers and leaves me 6 away from completing my "Want" list. W/my Must list already complete and my Want list close to being finishd, it may be time to create a "Kinda Want" list.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  11. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    They're doing a 1/6th scale line of figures for Assassin's Creed that I need to scoop up. The first one for order is Edward Kenway from Black Flag. Altair from 1 is on deck, along with Aguilar from the film. Edward and Altair NEED to be on my shelf!

[​IMG]

12. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

Seen in AUS now but @ $24.00 AUD each this particular retailer can keep them.

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Picked up Kenner Silverhawks Hardware and Windhammer figures. A little pricey, but these guys are hard to come by and don't pop up often. That gives me the five main heroes and four baddies. One more baddie/henchman and the Silverhawks' boss and I'll have all the figures I want from this line and can scratch another one off the list.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a vintage Kenner Silverhawks Buzz-Saw figure. One more figure (Commander Stargazer) and I'll have gotten all the Silverhawks I wanted and I can scratch another vintage line off the list.

15. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Got a Robotech Harmony Gold MOC Scott Bernard from a local eBay seller tonight and is in minty mint condition.

Pics will be in latest purchase thread soonish.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  16. SlamSlayer1

SlamSlayer1 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2012
    Anyone into the Articulated Icons series? Bunch of Ninja and Samurai in 6 inch scale, more or less the same articulation style as Marvel Legends. I ended up winning this guy in a raffle not too long ago and now I'm trying to track more down. He's a "Modern" Ninja clearly inspired by Call of Duty lol. I hope they continue the series. The sculpts and paint apps are pretty good. Accessory quality is OK though. The gun and swords are rather plain.

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've been working on picking up all of the Mattel Barbies from Wonder Woman. Last week Walmart finally put Anitope on clearance, I got her and I got the more deluxe version of Hippolyta. It's a good thing I'm a deboxer, Anitope came in a padded envelope, box smushed, Hippolyta's box also was crushed some in delivery :(

I have all of the 11.5" dolls now, but WW and her black horse from the toy line of dolls. I now just need the nicer collector's version of her w/ her black robe and I'll be set.

Do I have anywhere to display them? No. Do I care? Not really.

18. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Pre-ordered two pieces after Infinity War. Will likely be adding more to my collection now as I shift gears towards the MCU!

[​IMG]

And also ordered this:
    [​IMG]

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Captain is always a good choice. If I were to do MCU I'd probably want Captain America and Dr. Strange stuff. Thankfully I'm not overly excited for them though.

I would love a Hot Toys Wonder Woman - I might get one when WW2 comes out. I'd also really like a Hot Toys Momoa Aquaman....OK I really just want Momoa :p

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Master_Rebado and Gamma626 like this.
  20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Heh, my fiancé collects Doctor Strange stuff! She's trying to sell off all her Phasma merch in order to jumpstart her doctor strange collection. Sadly his first hot toy is going for ridiculous prices right now. Hopefully they make one for infinity war.

For me I'm leaning into the MCU heavily, but I've learned my lessons from Star Wars collecting. I don't want to be as scatter brained with it. Focusing up, only a couple items for each character, then move on to the next one. Not a massive collection, just a good representation of the characters I've loved the last ten years.

The Wonder Woman hot toys have all been pretty good! Sadly I've only like two movies in the DCEU, so I'm not big on collecting for it. Which is a shame because they've cast their roles so well too! I'm hoping Aquaman is good. I've been a fan of momoa since Stargate Atlantis. He deserves a hit.

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Went toy hunting today. No 6" Lando, but I did pick up my first ever marvel legends figures:

[​IMG]

Going out hunting again tomorrow, so I may update again soon!

22. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I did indeed go hunting again! These are over a couple days. I now have all but Iron Spider to complete the Thanos build-a-figure wave. Also found a Chase Gollum pop at Barnes and noble, and picked up a Rick just cause. Still not TBS Lando though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Not a major pickup, but came across a 1989 Toybiz Batman movie figure on eBay and snagged it for .99. It's not an extensive line (3 figures I believe, along w/some vehicles and a Batcave playset), but I've always wanted to grab a few things as a representation of the movie, which dominated my world in the Summer of '89.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I struck gold today. Grabbed a "Buy it now" lot w/8 vintage Kenner Indiana Jones figures; Indy in German disguise, Marion, Toht, German Mechanic, Cairo Monkey Man, Belloq, Sallah and Cairo Swordsman. I already have the latter figure, but the BIN price was so jaw-droppingly low that I didn't care. Marion alone often fetches $100+ and I paid $150 total.

I've been looking for something to buy as a b-day present for myself (next week), and this certainly fits the bill.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  25. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]