main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-SW Collectibles v 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Mego is has an interesting history. They absolutely dominated the early to mid 70s when it came to licensed toy and action figure lines. At the time they not only had the license for DC but Marvel as well, something you'd never likely see today. Then a young filmmaker approached them about making the figures for his new movie and they passed. He eventually went to Kenner and that toy line--Star Wars--became a phenomenon. Not only did the popular scale for figures subsequently change from Mego's standard "8 to "3 3/4, Mego then began signing up every single genre film and TV series that followed looking to make up for the missed opportunity w/SW. By the very early 80s, the company filed for bankruptcy and were soon done.

Diamond Select and others have made Mego-inspired figures over the years and the vintage items remain popular collectors, but to see Mego back is something I never thought would happen. It'll be cool to not only see them complete vintage properties like Star Trek, but as you said adapt Firefly into vintage style 8" figures, not unlike Funko and their "3 3/4 Re-Action series.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Did you see the enormous Hogwarts castle Legos set that's coming?

3. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I hadn't, but I just looked it up :eek:. Six THOUSAND pieces. Wowser. It's a stunning piece though. Just monumentally epic. I'm definitely gonna pick up the new Lego Voltron. Another amazing piece. Retails for $180 or so.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    We're going to have to see if we can A) find it B) have time to go - but for my trip next month, we have a couple of extra days in Denmark, I would like to goto the Lego museum that's now open there next to their Corporate Headquarters. I'm not a huge Lego person but I've had Legos over the years, my basic Lego's set when I was a kid built my SW figure fortresses.

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Ohhh, cool. Have a nice trip! Would love to see the Lego Museum. That would be rad. I was way into "Space Legos" as a kid. Had just about every set. I've bought my Niece and Nephew both lots of Lego sets for Christmas/b-days, but I haven't bought any Lego stuff for myself since the 80. I do plan on picking up a few of the vintage Space sets, and I want that Voltron, so I'm gonna rectify that soon.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Those space Lego sets go for soooo much money.

Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I know :(. Legos in general really seem to skyrocket in value. I'm gonna limit myself to a set or two and all of the Lego Spacemen figures as just a little representation of the line. Some Lego snackage if you will.

Won a vintage G.I. Joe Mainframe figure. Been really getting some killer deals on Joes the last few weeks, and all of them gem mint.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  8. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That's cool! 2 Leias!

10. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I don't buy lego because it's very space consuming, but that is a nice looking set. There's something very nostalgic about lego.

I like how they've designed the compartments and the ships. Lego Lobot looks cool.

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Long overdue for a representation of this iconic environment. It's packed to the gills, too. A bit expensive, but it's Lego.

Picked up 2 vintage Battlestar Galactica figures; Starbuck w/pistol and Cylon Centurion w/rifle.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Anyone here He-Man and She-Ra fans? Apparently there's a con going on right now for He-Man and Mattel showcased a bunch of up-coming new items that are coming including 12" versions of vintage He-Man figures - you can see more HERE[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And new 11.5" action figure/dolls for He-Man and She-Ra. I'm not a fan of the older lines but I really like the females. They have the new more muscled Wonder Woman body for the figures. I like all of the new face molds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Those 12" versions of the vintage figures ala Gentle Giant's 12" versions of the vintage Kenner SW figures are rad! Wonder what they'll retail for? I've got my finger in waaaay too many pies to go all-in on these, but I'd snag a He-Man and Skeletor for sure.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I didn't see Skeletor, so far only like 6 He-Man figures.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    They'd better make a Skeletor or he'll launch an unnecessarily complex revenge plot that will fail in spectacular fashion, leaving him to shake his fist as he flees and swear he'll get He-Man the next time :p.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha! I'm sure if the jumbo classic He-Man figures sell well Skeletor will be coming.

Master_Rebado and Juke Skywalker like this.
  17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Just picked up a vintage Dune Baron Harkonnen figure by LJN. That gives me 5 of the 6 figures in the line.

Gamma626 and Master_Rebado like this.
  18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Picked up a vintage Dune Sardaukar Warrior from LJN, completing my collection (Only six figures in the line, sadly).

Not sure where I'm going to put my focus next. LJN's Dungeons & Dragons maybe? LJN's Thundercats (What's kept me from diving in there is the difficulty in finding M/NM loose examples, as the paint apps are finnicky)? Maybe Visionaries, Centurions or get back to my Mego Planet of the Apes.

Dannik Jerriko and Master_Rebado like this.
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Three Zero Fox Mulder 1/6 scale figure finally shipped. I'm waiting to see what he looks like to see if I want Scully also. They also have a new later season's Tyrion Lannister that I'm tempted to get to go w/ my 1/6 scale Danni so she's not lonely.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Fox Mulder came and he looks amazing. So after payday I'll be pre-ordering Scully to go with him.

I think I'm going to also order Tyrion and Arya for the Game of Thrones figures. They previewed that Brienne is coming also so I'll have to get her. I'm on the fence for Cersei. The prototype photos of her look OK. I LOVE Lena Heady though, I've met her twice and was a blibbering idiot both times. So I might just have to get her figure also. For the GOT figures all I'd really need is a new Jon Snow (they did a Wall commander version of him a couple of years ago that's now very expensive on the secondary market) - I'm hoping they'll do a King of the North version soon. If they do that I'll order him. I'd buy a Sansa also.

Luckily a lot of the SW Hot Toys figures are pretty spread out for when they're expected to be released so I can fit in these figures to start a new GOT display. I currently don't have any on display. But I've got stuff for an Indiana Jones shelf, Superman, X-Files (BTW Mattel just released a 20th anniversary pair of Mulder/Scully dolls for $40 each that I'll be getting) and Game of Thrones. I do have some Marvel stuff also, but it's not a collecting priority to me.

I'm going to work to clean up my extra room where I store my ebay crap and do scrapbooking. It's full of boxes of dolls. My Barbies will mostly be put away. I'd like to display just my non SW stuff in that extra room and work on getting space together to start drawing and painting again. The creative part of me is wanting to come out, I've had the analytical side of me be in control for too many years.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Fox Mulder came and he looks amazing. So after payday I'll be pre-ordering Scully to go with him.

I think I'm going to also order Tyrion and Arya for the Game of Thrones figures. They previewed that Brienne is coming also so I'll have to get her. I'm on the fence for Cersei. The prototype photos of her only look OK. I LOVE Lena Heady though, I've met her twice and was a blibbering idiot both times. So I might just have to get her figure also. For the GOT figures all I'd really need is a new Jon Snow (they did a Wall commander version of him a couple of years ago that's now very expensive on the secondary market) - I'm hoping they'll do a King of the North version soon since they just did a second Tyrion. If they do that I'll order him. I'd buy a Sansa also.

Luckily a lot of the SW Hot Toys figures are pretty spread out for when they're expected to be released so I can fit in these figures to start a new GOT display...for whenever I have a place TO display them. But I've got stuff for an Indiana Jones shelf, Superman, X-Files (BTW Mattel just released a 20th anniversary pair of Mulder/Scully dolls for $40 each that I'll be getting) and Game of Thrones. I'd like to make room in my craft room to get a shelf to display all of my other "non-Star Wars" stuff.

I'm going to work to clean up my extra room where I store my ebay crap and do scrapbooking. It's full of boxes of dolls. My Barbies will mostly be put away. I'd like to display just my non SW stuff in that extra room and work on getting space together to start drawing and painting again. The creative part of me is wanting to come out, I've had the analytical side of me be in control for too many years.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a G.I. Joe Cobra Rattler VTOL Combat Plane (1984). Got it for a really good price relative to closed auctions I'd been seeing for it of late.

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a Kenner M.A.S.K. Gator Jeep. That gives me 4 vintage M.A.S.K. vehicles. I wouldn't mind knocking out my whole "Must have list" of those by year's end.

24. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

25. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004