main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-SW Collectibles v 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jul 1, 2015.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    My daughter's favorite Potter character has always been Neville Longbottom, so for Christmas her brother found her a Rock Candy Neville and she is over the moon with happiness!!

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's great, Neville is under represented in collectibles.

Got my Aquaman dolls. As expected the Aquaman being all plastic is a let down. I'm hoping they do a collector's set w/ Aquaman and Mera for the adult line at Mattel - but they didn't preview anything like that at Comic Con. Grrrrr... If ANY superhero needed a doll it's Jason Momoa's Aquaman w/ his long flowing hair.

I'm going to have to get that other Justice League figure to hold me over until my Hot Toys figure arrives.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hey @cathiecat did you see these? Mattel is rebooting doing the Harry Potter dolls. I knew the kids trio were coming but I didn't know they were doing Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall as well! They're under $25 each. I'm going to have to get a set. I have the original Harry and Hermione and rerooted a doll to make my own Ginny before w/ the original dolls. These look like they're all on nice articulated bodies.

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  4. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Well, I went and saw Aquaman on Saturday night. Like PLJ, I ended up really loving the film! I immediately started hunting Aquaman stuff. I went to walmart and got the common Aquaman and Mera, as well as the exclusive Pantina gladiator Aquaman, and chrome Black Manta. Also ordered the comic con Arthur Curry and Justice League Mera from hot topic! The gown Mera is in-stock at my local Gamestop so I'll pick that up too. Picture once everything gets here!

Might order the hot toy too if they make a Mera as well. Gotta have Arthur and Mera. :D

Master_Rebado and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha - yeah it's a fun film. I wish that Mattel has made an Aquaman Ken doll w/ rooted hair. I guess I just need to complain to them, maybe for the sequel they'll remember to make an Arthur doll to go w/ the Meras.

I do like the Mera dolls, they have the same muscled body that Mattel used for Wonder Woman and their WWE Barbies.

Gamma626 and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I want those, I was going to buy them at Christmas but too much other stuff to get.

I have not given up though.

Master_Rebado and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    duplicate post, accident

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  8. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Indeed! It's always nice to have matching sets of figures. With how much money the movie has made, you never know. They might go back and do a second set of figures now.

I got in all my pops and stuff now! But... I also get paid soon, so I might pick up some more stuff! Gonna hold off on pictures a while longer just in case!

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Won a vintage G.I Joe (Cobra) Rattler (jet/plane). This one's gone up in $ the last few years, and I got a pretty good deal on it and it's in great shape/complete.

Master_Rebado and Gamma626 like this.
  10. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    [​IMG]

So this is the current Aquaman collection! Still have some pops to get. Need Regular Gladiator Arthur, gold chrome Arthur, Matte Black Manta, regular Black Manta, unmasked Black Manta, and Orm. Also want to get all the mystery Mini's, as they're all the same odds. Very happy with how the two I got today look. The Arthur especially is awesome!

Outside of funko, I really want to pick up the lego set, the D.C. Multiverse figures, some of the statues, and maybe a Mera doll or two. So needless to say, I will be collecting that through the rest of the year most likely, lol.

Apart from Aquaman stuff, I've picked up a few other things. Two Captain Marvel pops, and Christa from Attack on Titan. (My other AoT pops cameo next to Aquaman.) Sadly Eren and Mikasa are going for WAY too much money for me to pick up. I love my pops because they're cheap and affordable. I have no desire to spend $75+ Per pop.

At Gamestop I got my fiancé a Felix the Cat pop as a present, and picked up my Kingdom Hearts 3 box.
    [​IMG]

Quite possibly the best pop in my collection. The detail in the base doesn't come through in my picture, but in person it just looks fantastic. There's a series of Deluxe Jim Lee DC funko pops at Gamestop and they're all incredible looking too.

Sorry for the long rambly post! Just an update on what I've been collecting and looking into.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have a shirtless Aquaman pop on my desk from Justice League - haven't seen that film, but I've had Jason Momoa Aquaman sitting on my desk for eons :p

Gamma626 and Master_Rebado like this.
  12. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Well if you're gonna have a shirtless man, it doesn't get much better than Momoa!

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Why yes...indeed..... [face_laugh]

Master_Rebado and Gamma626 like this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I just put ThreeZero's Agent Scully Deluxe version 1/6th scale figure on pre-order. I only have one pre-order going right now, figured I'd get her since I do need her to go w/ Mulder.

Restraining myself from putting a Wonder Woman on pre-order also.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Saw the Harry Potter dolls for the first time today - didn't know they had also made Quiddich match Harry and Draco dolls, so I picked those 2 up. They look great, will work on getting the rest of them.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Pics of Harry/Draco Quidditch dolls

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Speaking of, they're all on clearance at Walmart for 9.97 a piece!

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You saw that at your store???? Freaking Walmart, these JUST got released! No wonder toy companies are losing money.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Apparently I'm slow on the draw they came out August or so. Toyfair is in a few weeks, will be excited to see if Mattel shows off new dolls in this line.

20. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    This is the modern figures " half" of a surprise gift lot given to me by a visiting friend whom I 1st met online in 2010 and was visiting my city for a music concert,he gave me these as a thank you for my help during his visit,I only expected meeting and spending time with him to be my "gift"

Given he added in all the ARAH figures he bought down with him to my existing box of ARAH I am less sure which ones to photograph that were from him but they also were numerous.

I'm blown away.

[​IMG]

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Mine just arrived from Wal-Mart.com. Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Ginny! All except for Ginny were extremely inexpensive! Ginny showed as $11.80, but when l clicked on her the price was $27. I got her anyway!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Congrats - I went into 2 Walmarts this week and they were all still at full price. I do see they're marking them down online. I might pick them up in batches as their prices drop. I did see the electronic sorting hat and thought it was cute.

cathiecat and Master_Rebado like this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Soooo Toyfair 2019 is coming in a couple of weeks. What is everyone looking forward to? Are there any brands you're interested in news on? (I follow tons of toy boards, not just Star Wars, so I can post news I find.)

24. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I would like to see if there is any new information on whether FOD is coming back with new items.

cathiecat and Master_Rebado like this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Me too, apparently someone asked about the line at NYCC and they said it wasn't dead. But who knows.

I was looking for non-SW stuff here since this is the Non-SW thread :cool: