main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NOOOO!!!! heart sinks at EP VI rumor (spoiler?)...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by dafttom, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dafttom

dafttom Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    C3PO + R2D2 news followed by heartbreaking mucking about with ROTJ news (rumor)

From Dark Horizons:

Star Wars: Episode III: George Lucas spoke with "E! News Daily" where he was asked the question of why C-3PO doesn't recognise as Vader? Lucas's answer was exactly what many fans were guessing but at least now its confirmed: "Well, one, his brains have, his memory system has been erased and so has R2's. So, they don't remember anything from the first trilogy. I'm telling you something from Episode 3, but I shouldn't be telling you that, but I think most of the fans already know that". The bigger news of today though was MTV apparently re-iterated rumours that Natalie Portman has signed on to be a part of the new scenes being filmed for Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi - she'll shoot scenes during the production of Episode III which'll then be reinserted to the DVD release of 'Jedi'. Thanks to 'Kenobi' & 'SQ'.

2. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Natalie Portman has signed on to be a part of the new scenes being filmed for Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

I really hope not. They'd have to age her a bit...

3. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    What's so bad about that? It could be intrigueing.

Plus by the time episode Three starts to film she'll be Twenty five and able to realistically aged via CGI and make-up.

4. simpsonjedi

simpsonjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    This is scary. I had a conversation with my wife yesterday about this VERY subject.I think that when Luke asks Leia about her mother that when she starts talking about her, they will show clips of Natalie on the side of the screen relaying Leia's thoughts about her .I don't know if they willfilm any news scenes but if she is alive at the end of EpVI, there will be somw explaining to do and I hope she doesn't appear in the "ghosts scene" at the end since (as far as we know)she doesn't have Jedi powers.

5. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I actually can't think of any conceivable way of inserting her into ROTJ.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The only shot that would make any real sense to me would be to have Padme, and Qui Gon added to the last shot with Yoda, Ben and Anakin.

7. BobaJangoRulz

BobaJangoRulz Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    Unless we go to a dream sequence while Leia is describing her to Luke.

8. The_Dark_Duke

The_Dark_Duke Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Maybe Padme didn't died. She was a prisoner of emperor. After fall of the emperor she's been released.

9. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    They could show her as a pre-recorded hologram or something, but the whole idea is a little silly. Untill GL does it, then I'll wholeheartedly agree.

10. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I don't buy it. They put that rumor next to a real Lucas quote but it's still a rumor.

11. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I can't see a Padme scene in ROTJ working. Lucas hasn't done flashbacks till now, so one added now would look jarring.

12. SNLStar17

SNLStar17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Natalies part would be a flashback. I think it is a good idea to fit all the movies together.

13. SoupDragon

SoupDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Maybe they could help themselves out by digitally inserting the likeness of an aged Hayden Christensen over Sebastian Shaw in the Vader unmasked scenes. Having the ghost of Padme with the Jedi at the end would be the least disruptive way of putting her in there.

14. skippy35000

skippy35000 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    relax, people. she's not playing padme. she's gonna be a twi-lek backup singer in jabba's palace. there is going to be a second musical number in ROTJ:UE.

15. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Well that's more like it. :)

Seriously, I hope she doesn't appear in ROTJ. What's the point, really.

16. THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM

THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 1999
    MAYHEM thinks that it will be some sort of scene like the one at the end of Titanic... after Luke walks away from the spirits of Anakin, Ben, and Yoda, it cuts to some sort of wordless reunion between young Anakin and Padme. That would really be the only way that she could be fit into ROTJ without making it cheesy, however... MAYHEM also likes the idea(prepares for endless bashing from Mindless FANBOYS) of replacing the aged spirits(BASPHEMY... HEHEHEHEHEEHE) at the end with their younger selves and having Padme be there with them(YES YES YES... MAYHEM knows that Luke doesn't remember his mother but it would provide the viewer... and Anakin with more closer)!

ANYWAY... MAYHEM guesses he is just a hopeless romantic... but he likes the idea of putting PADME in ROTJ and he ain't afraid to admit it! Now lets get on with all those comments by drooling FANBOYS claiming how they are the only ones who really understand STAR WARS and HOW MAYHEM is just plain WRONG ;) LOL

TEETH OUT!
    :D

17. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I hope its true... I won't count on it..but anyways... It would be cool to see Natalie in ROTJ... it'll work-it'll work.

18. 1AaronBrown

1AaronBrown Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    Butchering the OT to make the PT a bit better is a terrible idea.

19. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    It depends on what scene she's in, if any. I think it will be the ghost one, though it might acually be quite emotional to see Padme and Leia together, if she's been a prisoner or something.

20. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    [sarcasm] Yeah, they are going to digitally insert her over Mon Mothma [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, if they are going to put Natalie in there, then they better put Ian McDiarmid in over that weird Emperor in the hologram in ESB.

21. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I'll believe it when I see it. I'll also be disgusted by it when I see it.

As others have mentioned, there really isn't a decent way to slip her in there. Leia says that she's been dead for years, so that rules out an appearance within the continuity of the film. And putting her in ghost form doesn't really make sense within the context of what we're beginning to learn about retaining one's identity in the force. And as for flashbacks, don't count on that new twist after 12+ hours of Star Wars saga without it.

If Padmé shows up in RotJ, I'll punch a little girl right in the face.

[image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/37960000/jpg/_37960734_punchafp300.jpg]

AYBABTU?

22. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Oh good god. Whether this is true or just a weird rumor, George- DON'T do this.

The OT is so good (as is AOTC) but putting Padme in there would be disatrous. :( There's no way to fit her in!

23. Darth_Hater

Darth_Hater Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    yeah I would hate to see George change something in HIS OWN MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Umm, has anyone ever considered other flashbacks being added to the other films?

It's possible so a flashback scene wouldn't be so jarring by the time we get to Episode 6.

25. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    *waits for metal-bikini-fans to hi-jack thread*.

:p

Sounds cool though, but since Leia said her mother died when she was little (not that we're certain she even was talking of her real mother), I'm guessing she'll be a hologram. Or a spirit, if those Jedi rumours are true. ;) Probably a hologram though. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Yeesh, you whine about the PT contradicting the OT, then when something comes up to add more continuity you whine that a tiny scene or image could "butcher" movies that some guy made for his own amusement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.