main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not A Ghost of A Chance (2nd Fic-Gift for Nehru_Amidala) Han, Luke, Wedge-friendship, humor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Dec 25, 2020.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Not A Ghost of Chance
    Author: brodiew
    Characters: Han, Wedge, Luke
    Genre: humor, friendship
    Timeline: Beyond the Saga
    Summary:
    Author Note: This fic-gift was written for @Nehru_Amidala per her request for An OT story where Wedge, Luke and Han are playing cards on the Falcon and try to outdo each other with ghost stories while getting wasted. It's not necessarily OT, but time frame may not matter here. :p :D [face_laugh]

Luke Skylwalker sipped at the glass of slegg-nog, Han had pushed into his hand. Even though the name was not very appetizing, she taste was strangely appealing. Sweet, but thick on the tongue with a hint of spice had Luke taking larger gulps and staring at his empty glass as he tried to drain the last drops.

“Good, right?” Wedge said as he took a long drag from a mug with the Galactic Alliance logo plastered to its side.

“Yeah,” Luke agreed, scanning the room for Han or a decanter or serving bowl from which he could get a refill. “What's in it?”

“I wouldn't worry too much about that,” Wedge said, clinking his mug to Luke's glass. “I think Han added a special Correllian ingredient to spice it up.”

“Ah, I see,” Luke said, knowingly. “I better slow down then.”

“Why is that?” Wedge asked. “We're not on duty and Liberation Day is next week. The party should all week.”

“Wes, is that you, wearing a holo emitter?” Luke teased. “I'm sure that Captain Antilles would not condone partying among the ranks for seven standard days. He knows well the kind of trouble you get into sober, much less soaked to gills for an extended period.”

“Funny, Luke,” Wedge said. “But who said anything about the rank and file. You, Han, and I should be able to get our groove on with out the rest of the fleet knowing anything about it?”

“Get our groove on?” Luke asked, perplexed. “What does that even mean?”

“Don't know, don't care. Something about dancing or just letting it all hang out or letting down your guard or following your dreams or who in the Hells knows. Can I help with a refill? All your eye jumping is making me dizzy.”

“Sure thing, Wedge,” Luke said, handing over his glass and watching his friend sway back and forth across the room.

“Hey, Luke!” Han exclaimed, throwing a arm around the younger man. “What did you think of the slegg-nog? I put my personal touch on it, if you know what I mean.”

“It was pretty good,” Luke replied. “I think Wedge has already had enough. He went to get me some more.”

“Who says Ace has had enough,” Han said. “Guy needs to loosen up every once in a while. Kinda like you, Luke. Being all serious Jedi Master has to weigh on you sometimes, doesn't it? Have a few drinks, Hang with Wedge and I. We're going to trade Ghost stories later. Correllian Ghost Stories with a capital G. No better Ghosts in the Galaxy. The kind that would make you run home to Mommy, or Mara. Or are they the same? Whatever floats your hover raft.”

“Another slug of slegg for the Jedi?” Wedge interjected. “Just no Force funny business in diluting the secret ingredient.”

Luke shook his head with a smirk. “No funny business, Wedge. Han, here, tells me you guys are going to share some horror stories after the party. Does it have to be Corellian, because I have a Tatooine tale that will have each of you needing to clean your trousers afterward. You guys and your Ghosts have nothing on the Selat Canyon Wraith.”

Luke drained the glass of slegg-nog and clinked it with Wedge's newly filled mug.

Wedge looked at Han and after a beat of silence they both laughed out loud, patting the blonde man's chest between their guffaws. “Oh, Luke. I needed that.. I haven't had a laugh that good in a few minutes. I mean, if you really feel this wraith thing can stand up to not only Corellian storytelling, but sob inducing fear, I suggest you put your slegg where your mouth is.”

“Uh,” Luke paused, unsure what Han meant. “Try again Han. Former farm boy, remember.”

“What Han means is,” Wedge cut in again. "That for each story told, and each of us will tell one, two glasses of the nog goes down the hatch. Han and I have already planned to steal the slegg-nog bowl and high tale it over to Falcon for story time. We will draw straws to see who goes first and second which of course leaves the third. I wouldn't want to be third, Luke. That wraith could end of more like a waif and that just isn't scary at all.”

“You just haven't heard me tell it,” Luke said, a cockiness entering his voice.

“I don't think we could get a better acceptance of the challenge, Wedge,” Han said, eagerly. “Get the bowl and meet us on the skybridge.

As they left the party, Luke said: “I don't drink much anymore, as a rule.”

“That is a sad story,” Han said flashing his lop-sided grin. “Because you just agreed to get carpet bombed, Buddy.”

End Part 1 of 2

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    AzureAngel2, Kahara and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    This is fantastic, let the drunken betting and story telling begin!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2, Kahara and brodiew like this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh man, this is gonna be good!

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This is better than an episode of "Drunken History"... :D:D

Kahara, brodiew and Nehru_Amidala like this.