main
side
curve

Padu, KY Not my G.I. Joe

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by TKYTROOPER, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Could care less about the new movie. I don't even want to go into all the reasons I really don't want to see it. I will just watch Resolute again. That and this. This is my G.I. Joe!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/076041c13b/the-ballad-of-g-i-joe#player

2. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Wow, that was pretty good, who knew those two could be such good peformers ;) . Also I liked the movie so there! :D

3. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    My G.I. Joe wore army fatigues and had a scar under his right eye. He was 12" tall and had scuba gear, a jeep, and kung fu grip. And he didn't fight COBRA. So is this my G.I. Joe? No, but neither were the cartoons in the 80s. But, boy, this movie sure was fun!

And the music video was too! lol

4. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    I have to agree the movie didn't impress me. My only thought when leaving the theater was "well at least it was better than Transformers ROF." I did love Resolute and still hold out hope that Hasbro will make figures from it and continue the 25th anniversary style of figures.

One positive thing about the whole G.I.Joe marketing campaign was that it got my 10 year old boy interested in Joe. Though even he prefers the older style from the 80s. He actually asked to dress up as a Cobra trooper for Halloween and I'm planning on dusting off my old Snake Eyes costume to go with him.

Yo Joe!

5. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    That is exactly how it was for us! The boys now love Joe, although they prefer 80's Joe, too. Travis does a mean Roadblock impression. lol

6. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    Body Massage. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww3GTNv9hHk&feature=related

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.