main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not on the Schedule - Ben Skywalker Romance - COMPLETE 2/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    But never for very long, because Mara was right behind him snapping green fire at them and ready to defend her claim on him with a lightsaber if needed.

Heh. That's Mara, all right.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I adore your Skywalker family fics, VaderLVR, and there aren't enough smilies on the board for how much I am lovin' this one!

:D ;) [face_love]

More soon? [face_batting]

3. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    ROTFL! That was good! :) Great chapter. Like a sarcastic and motherly Mara!

4. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Aww...Loved Luke's last line. And Mara was classic in this. Poor Ben, though, getting cornered by his parents *grins* I'm so glad you're continuing this.

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Must be tough having such intuitive parents. Loved Mara and Ben's talk. I'm so glad there's more coming.

6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm so glad you're writing more of this.

I love Ben the player. He has a sparkling personality :). The family interaction was great!

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I just grinned all the way through this. I'm glad it's a short story now! I really liked this look at Luke and Mara, and I love how Ben is a player, yet still blushes like his father. ;)

More soon, please! :D

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Valin_Halcyon Yes, I hope to be torturing Ben again very soon! ;)

Idrelle_Miocovani
    Laughing at poor Ben's expense? [face_shame_on_you] Okay, I admit, I like messing with his head!

TheProphetOfSullustMara won't tolerate any interference, I'm sure! o_O

Jedi Trace I'm so glad! I love your work so much that I'm thrilled I can offer up a little something in return.

Elfsheen That's Mara! :p

Alethia Love is never comfortable, especially for a confirmed bachelor like Ben! ;)

RebelMom My mom is sharp enough without the Force; I'm so glad she didn't have it when I was growing up! [face_blush]

JadeLotus Thank you! I don't know why I pictured Ben this way, but since canon can't argue with me yet, I'll go with it!

ginchy I have a feeling he only blushes around someone he loves or cares about OR when it might serve his purposes with a lady! o_O

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    This is so cute.

I can't even picture right now Ben as a four year old let alone an adult, a womanizer.

Loved the meeting between the two. She definitely sounds good enough for him.

And his parents' reactions were great.

I can't wait to see their first date.

10. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    This is great! I love playboy Ben[face_love] Can't wait until the next post!!

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Lola64 That's the good thing about Ben, you can make him anything you want to! :p

cheersweetie27 A new post should be up next week! Hopefully by Tuesday! :D

12. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    i like this story

i wonder what ben would look like tho...

13. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Playboy Ben, eh? Awww... Who can't love that? :p [face_love]

Amazingly done!

14. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Wonderful. No other words can describ it.

15. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Wow, this is really good. I like how you draw Ben's character and how he acts with other people and his parents.

POST MORE SOON

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    jasa Since we haven't gotten a grown-up image of him in canon, I felt free to play with looks. :p

VadersMistress NO, you may not date him. Even though Megira had her origins in your sassiness! :D

Genimay Thanks! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it.

Jek_Windu
    Here's another post...

[b]Chapter 3[/b]

Back in his apartment, Ben got ready for his date. His bed was littered with the clothes he had tried on and rejected. Never had it been so hard to decide what to wear on a date. Usually he shrugged on whatever seemed clean and appropriate and did not think about it again. Finally, he settled on a dark green tunic and brown shaak leather pants. He tugged on his dress boots and then inspected his image in the mirror.

A tall, lean figure with slightly reddish hair and eyes that were more grey than blue stared back at him. Broad shoulders tapered down to an almost too-slim waist and long, lean legs that led to rather large feet. He frowned.

It would have to do.

In a moment of panic, he realized he had no idea where Megira lived. So he had contacted his mother.

?Mom! I need Megira?s address!? He had said urgently, giving her no greeting.

?Why hello, Ben? she said in a patient voice. ?It is certainly nice to hear from my son for the second time in one day.?

?Mom!? He groaned and his head fell back. If Mara had gotten it into her head to toy with him, then no amount of begging was going to dissuade her.

?You need Megira?s address?? Mara asked, as if confused. But Ben could see the wicked smile on her face. ?Megira who??

At that moment, Ben realized he did not know her last name. ?Uh??

?I?m sorry, I don?t know a Megira Uh,? Mara answered helpfully.

?[i]Mother![/i] Ben ground out, having lost what little patience he possessed in the first place.

?Take pity on him, Mara,? he heard his father call out.

?Why should I?? Mara asked, turning to look somewhere behind her.

?Because he?s falling in love,? Luke answered laughing, and moving into the screen. His father?s bright blue eyes were twinkling mischievously. ?Aren?t you, son??

?[i]No[/i],? Ben answered in a sullen voice. ?I?ve just got a date with her, that?s all! Don?t start naming grandchildren just yet.?

?No, we thought we?d leave that up to you two,? Mara smirked. ?But I?ve always liked the name-?

?Mother!? Ben wailed, covering his eyes with his hands. ?Can you please torment me later??

?Give the boy the information before he ruptures something,? Luke prompted.

Shooting her husband a scowl, she turned back to Ben. ?Spoilsports,? she muttered. ?All right, her last name is La?Verdaan.? Then she rattled off some comm numbers and an address.

Ben was writing frantically, the stylus shaking in his trembling hand. ?Got it!?

He was about to disconnect when his father?s face filled the screen once more. ?Just remember, Ben. Be yourself,? he said quietly, a tender smile on his face. ?Don?t try to impress, just let her see the [i]real[/i] Ben, [i]not[/i] the Ben Skywalker that is all over Coruscant with a different woman every night.?

Ben?s mouth hung open a little bit, for this was the first time in years that his father had given any hint of disapproval of his son?s rather active social life. He could not find the words to respond to his father?s disappointment, so deeply did it cut into him.

Finally, he found his voice from somewhere. ?Uh, Dad, I?uh??

Luke shook his head. ?Never mind, Ben. Just keep what I said in mind,? Luke murmured. ?Don?t blow this one, son.?

Ben mumbled something and then his father disconnected.

The young man fell back into a chair and stared at the chrono. At least an hour until he could go pick up Megira. He watched as each second flashed by slowly, blink..blink..blink.

Ben stared at the chrono, willing it to move faster.

The chrono, however, seemed to slow down rather than speed up and the hour lasted a lifetime. His stomach grumbled and reminded him that it had been hours since he had eaten mid-meal at his parents? home.

But

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, I love it! She is exactly what Ben needs! Poor guy has NO idea what he's in for! And I loved the inclusion of Mara and Luke again. They're too funny together.

You know...it would be really fun if this story were to incorporate Mara meeting Megira's mother...I seem to remember Mara being a bit...unhappy...with her in-law in the other story. LOL ('Course she could have just been harping on that so that she wouldn't cry at the wedding.) :D

18. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was great! I love seeing Ben a little intimidated by a woman. Keep the posts coming!!

19. MJade

MJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Wonderful story! I love the whole Skywalker family dynamic and your characterization of an adult Ben. Very good. I also love that it takes a death threat to sweep Ben off his feet. He is definitely his father's son. Lovely story. Can't wait for more.

20. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    I get the feeling that ben is in for quite a night...

21. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    poor ben

mara just wanted to have some fun with her boy

22. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Oooh! I absolutely loved this post (sorry I didn't reply to the last one, my hands have been kind of full for the past week). The relationship between Ben, Mara, and Luke is absolutely dynamic! It's so much fun to see Ben and Mara banter (or is it Mara torturing Ben?) and then Luke coming to Ben's rescue. I think Mara has far too much fun torturing her son. But hey, what's the point of having kids if you can't have a little fun with them once in awhile?

I loved Ben's reaction to Megira too! And how he thinks being in love is kinda like being sick. I'd say that that's a pretty accurate appraisal of the situation.

It's great how Megira is so much like Mara. She should have lots of fun torturing Ben the way Mara does to Luke.

Looking forward to more!

23. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Poor poor guy. He's definitely in for it.

You sure he's a guy? They way he went pre date I could have sworn he changed sexes ;)

24. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    LOL, that was great. You've gotten the characterization really well in this.

25. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I love the banter between the Skywalkers, and the way they interact. Megira looks like just what Ben needs.

Great job! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.