main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not on the Schedule - Ben Skywalker Romance - COMPLETE 2/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    i missed a chapter while on vacation.

both great, mara is just having too much fun with her son....

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hmmm...Megira sounds quite a bit like our own Mara. What every Skywalker needs: a woman who won't take no guff. ;) LOL I like how she talked of her Mother...I can't wait for Mara and her to meet. [face_laugh]

I love Mara and Ben here--his horror at being in a "real adult relationship" reminds me of Chandler, on Friends. Only Chandler wasn't a player...anyway...

I love this little story! Can't wait for more! :D

3. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Nice! [face_devil] She's giving him a run for his money! I like it.

4. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Great as always! Hopefully Ben will finally wake up and realize that this relationship is different. It's time to grow up! Can't wait until the next chapter.

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm so loving this VL.

I like your Mara. That's what she's probably like with a grown son.

Poor Ben. Daddy can't protect him from Mommy. I feel sorry for any other children those two have, if any.

And Meg? She's just too much. I like how she talks about her mother. [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see if Ben breaks down and calls her. His swinging days are coming to an end I believe.

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Mara holds no punches with her son. Love it. :)

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Listen to me, Ben. Megira is not like the other women you?ve? dated.? [face_laugh] Nice way to put that.

Great post!

8. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Ben sure has a lot to learn....

9. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Sorry I missed the last post, but this is getting really good. You're writing the characters perfectly, and it's a pretty unique idea to write a SW story about a bachelor finding someone. Great stuff, can't wait for more.

10. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Hehe.... It's Love!!!

Poor Ben!

11. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Heh, playtime is over for Ben Skywalker.

If only guy-girl relationships weren't so darned confusing?

KT

12. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    The mutinous set to his mouth warned her that his Skywalker feathers had been ruffled and stubbornness more suited to a bantha was about to be displayed.

:D Ain't that the truth?

I love the interaction between Ben and Mara - she doesn't coddle him, but is direct and honest. Very Mara :)

Waiting eargerly for more!

13. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    I'm loving this. It's great that they're both trying to fight the inevitable so hard, thinking of all the excuses in the book!

Looking forward to more!

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    This is great , Master! I liked Ben very much...

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Two wonderful chapters! I am SO lovin' the Ben/Megira dynamic. [face_love] And good for Mara - someone needed to tell the boy the truth. ;)

16. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Ah yes, even a Skywalker can't hold off growing up forever.

It seems like ladies can't hold off Skywalkers forever either. :p

17. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Sounds like they've both been bitten with the love bug! :p

18. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    I smiled all the way through this! I'm glad one of the Skywalker men was finally a ladies man--although now that's ending too. I love Mara getting onto Ben for his antics.

19. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Loved the Ben/Mara conversation. Poor Ben, learning that is what an adult relationship is like... :p Loved Megira's thoughts too, about her mother.

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    jasa That's a mother's TRUE joy! ;)

ginchy That will be an interesting meeting! [face_devil]

VadersMistress Like someone else I know? [face_thinking]

cheersweetie27 It took a while, but here it is!

Lola64 Well now YOU get to meet her mother too! I'm so sorry! [face_worried]

RebelMom Mara's a mom after my own heart! [:D]

FelsGoddess See, Mara CAN be subtle...

Valin_Halcyon And I think Megira is the one to teach him!

Jek_Windu Thanks for reading! And here is a post!

Vongchild Love hurts, it really does!

Killik_Twilight And it doesn't get any easier!

JadeLotus And here's more!

JediJainaSoloFel He's in denial. She's in denial. It's love!

Golden_Jedi Thank you!

Jedi Trace That's what moms are for, right?

Neo-Paladin Nope, and the payment has come due for all his fun!

Anakins_Force It was a good run while it lasted! ;)

Jedi_Tigris Thank you for reading! And here's a bit more!

[b]Chapter 6[/b]

Ben knocked tentatively on the door, the sound so soft even he was not sure his knuckles had connected. Sighing with relief when there was no answer, he turned to leave.

The door opened.

Ben grimaced, but schooled his features into a pleasant smile before facing the door. His eyes widened when, instead of Megira?s lovely face, he saw the somewhat garishly made up face of an older woman. She had Megira?s dark hair ? perhaps [i]too[/i] dark to be natural ? but her eyes were a very light blue, appearing almost icy. They were disconcerting in the middle of her very tan face.

Giving a polite nod of his head, Ben held out his hand. ?Good evening, ma?am. My name is Ben Skywalker and-?

She had gone utterly still at the sight of him, but the moment he uttered his name her hands fluttered up to her throat and a simpering smile came to her face.

?Of course, Mr. Skywalker,? she said. ?Or should I say [i]Master[/i] Skywalker?? She actually batted her lashes at him.

?Uh, just mister, thanks,? he replied. ?Or actually, Ben, if you?d prefer,? he stammered, somewhat taken aback.

She turned and opened the door wider. ?Won?t you come in?[i]Ben[/i]?? Then she giggled, sounding more like a love struck teenage girl than a middle-aged woman.

Ben slipped past her, a feat made difficult by her refusal to move aside. ?Uh, is Megira here?? he asked, feeling just a bit trapped and desperate.

A pleased smile stretched the painted lips. ?For you? Of course she is!? She began to lead the way inside.

Ben studied Megira?s home carefully. The apartment was not large, but it was so inviting that one did not immediately notice how small it was. Chairs in a variety of warm colors were arranged in front of the fireplace in a way that encouraged conversation, and small, personal items were scattered casually throughout the room. It was obvious that Megira had made this small space home. It was [i]hers.[/i]

?Do you live here, too?? Ben asked, briefly sending up a prayer that she would say no.

The woman shook her head, giving the casual furnishings a disdainful look. ?Oh no! I would have had my decorator come in ages ago and make this place livable!?

Ben thought the place wonderfully livable, but held his tongue.

?Megira?? He prompted.

Her laughter trilled out again and Ben resisted the urge to plug his ears.

?I?ll go get her,? she smiled. ?And then I?m sure you two love birds would rather be alone?? She winked meaningfully.

Ben kept a polite smile plastered on his face.

The moment the woman was out of view, he threw himself on the couch with a groan, covering his face with his hands. By all the gods, if that was Megira?s mother?.

He heard a quiet chuckle and removed his hands.

?She?s sort of overwhelming, huh?? Megira asked, watching him closely.

?And she would be???

Megira tilted her head. ?She would be my mother ? Chartrise La?Verdaan.? She said, with a touch of defiance in he

21. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    What a mother. [face_laugh]

That poor girl. I've got to feel so sorry for her.

But then again His lips brushed hers and he felt a shudder run through her body. His own body answered and he pulled away before he let himself get carried away.=P~ I don't feel sorry for someone who gets this Ben.

There's no need to tell you how great this writing is. I think I've that said already. And if you don't have a fan club started, I can get something going.

Marvelous job VaderLVR64.

22. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Great update! I love this older Ben.

?But I say you decide what you let your life make you. That?s one thing I?ve always admired about Mara.?

Brilliant--I'm glad she values Mara.

?You?ve got Darth Vader and I?ve got Chartrise.? She shrugged, biting her lip. ?I think we?re even.?

Hey now, Megira, don't compare our Dark Lord to that woman!

If you do PM's for this, I want one.

23. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    ?Just remember that we all have our little family troubles,? she murmured. She leaned back, her eyes twinkling. ?You?ve got Darth Vader and I?ve got Chartrise.? She shrugged, biting her lip. ?I think we?re even.?

[face_laugh] Priceless! I LOVE it!

Ben and Megira are so sweet. Great job on this chapter. I'm loving this story--have I mentioned that? ;)

24. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post- I like how you made Megira's mother so heavy handed, and how hesitant Ben was around Megira until she told him about her brother. Brilliant job, can't wait for more.

25. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    He lowered his lips slowly to hers, giving her plenty of time to move away.

Ah, he bought me with that!
    But I think Megira should show a little compassion for her mother... In the end, she is what she is in part because of her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.